What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sweet Afgani Delicious ® ★ Test Grow ★ [by NotaProfessor]

NotaProfessor

Love the plants. I can tell you know exactly what you are doing by the looks of the grow.
A saying attributed as a Chinese proverb goes like this: "The best fertilizer is the farmer's footprint on the soil."

That is my mantra with growing. I hand water my plants which gives me the opportunity to review just about every aspect of their development on a daily basis. Things don't get too out of control because I'm there noticing the slight changes that signal a developing issue.

I thank you and the many others who have commented in this thread and/or added points to my rep. I am grateful that you took interest and found something of value.

A brief Day 54 update

I checked some buds yesterday (day 54) and found all cloudy with a touch (<10%) amber. I meticulously stripped off a lot of the leaves from the plants. That took a while so today I'll be taking their pictures then cutting them down.

The smell while doing the stripping was something I'll have to take some time to describe. Let me preface that description with a little science. The human nose is not a great sorter of smells. Studies have found that people can discern about three distinct smells out of a mixture. This runs counter to most of what you read out there when people talk of smells or flavors in something (it doesn't have to be cannabis, it can be wine or cigars or whiskey) and then give a list of 8-10 different things they noticed in it. Like dick length, there's a bias to report on the high side. I'll try to refrain from that.

What did I smell? It was a richly sweet smell that invited you to inhale deeper. It was like a dilute chloroform smell, not as intense and thick as chloroform but nonetheless the same non-estery sweetness. The light sweetness was tinged with a scent reminiscent of anise (I have no reference scents available but that's the closest I could come up with from memory.)

Balanced with this light anise-tinged sweetness was the unmistakeably piney smell of terpenes. :yummy: It made me slow way down to enjoy every minute of that smell. It was a very nice smell.

Soon I'll post some pics of them stripped naked to show what I meant about bud shrubs.

NotaProfessor

Day 55 Update

They're done. I stripped as many leaves as I could without heavily molesting them. These are truly shrubs. They have very strong branches that easily hold up the weight of buds, which is substantial.

I am sure that experienced growers will look at these and see the potential for their particular way of growing. If I can get these sort of results essentially tripping and stumbling through this grow, you got this strain on lock first time out.

No more talking, on with the pics.

Right front plant

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Yep ;)

We have to agree with DARKSIDER, this was a great lesson NotaProfessor :thank you:

A very good production of some very nice looking resinous flowers :elf:

As it is your personal test with Sweet Afgani Delicious we could move this thread into the "Sweet Seeds Test Grows" subforum, if you want. Just let me know what you think...

See you around my friend, nice harvest and sweet smokes!

tommy

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks my friend ;)

Here it is then. I've changed the title a bit also, just to match with the other diaries in this subsubforum. If you mind and prefer the previous title let me know and I'll change it back.

See you soon with the harvest and all the best time of our hobby: testing the goodies :)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

N

nukkumatti

Looks like they yield nicely Mr Notaprofessor!

Nice prief smell report Think you got me sold here..