What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8,000 Plant UK Warehouse Bust

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
its dried for 24hrs with lights over the top of a huge bundle of it

This is what I've heard too.. bloody big piles of weed, dried as fast as poss, being turned over with forks etc.. no wonder it's so rank by the time people get hold of it :laughing:

Interesting you heard the same from the horses mouth, so to speak.

David762

Kri-kee!

Kri-kee!

The plants in viet grows get chopped at week 6-7, they never let it go full flower then its dried for 24hrs with lights over the top of a huge bundle of it, by the time they have finished with it its not even worth £2500-£3000 a box, unless you're a student or new smoker that don't know the difference.

I was in bang up with a tiddly wink who got caught in a warehouse full of the stuff, i grilled him about everything they done and who ran shit and from where, the guy told me 'Big banana who runs the restaurant' thats it thats all he knew and that it sold for £2900 a box but like i said a decent box of herb will cost ya about 8k these days, well thats what it goes for round my ends anyways.

That's a lot of moo-la (presuming a "box" is a LB, and not a Kilo), especially for what could be characterized as "shwag". Maybe that's including VAT? (LOL) I smell an "arbitrage opportunity" here, perhaps -- California "mids" or "meds" snuggled into the UK. (Since the "troubles" are over, how closely is the man looking at freighter traffic in the Channel?)

Ha, ha, LOL -- just a passing flight of fancy ...

That's a lot of moo-la (presuming a "box" is a LB, and not a Kilo), especially for what could be characterized as "shwag". Maybe that's including VAT? (LOL) I smell an "arbitrage opportunity" here, perhaps -- California "mids" or "meds" snuggled into the UK. (Since the "troubles" are over, how closely is the man looking at freighter traffic in the Channel?)

Ha, ha, LOL -- just a passing flight of fancy ...

A box is a Kilo bro, in the UK it is anyway but i've known some folks in UK to even call an Oz a box, what a bunch of weirdo's eh looooooooool

waffle

The plants in viet grows get chopped at week 6-7, they never let it go full flower then its dried for 24hrs with lights over the top of a huge bundle of it, by the time they have finished with it its not even worth £2500-£3000 a box, unless you're a student or new smoker that don't know the difference.

I like how all these "facts" are being thrown around. How many of you are in these viet gangs and actually know what you're talking about? How can you assume exactly when all viet grown weed gets chopped? Not that it matters, I'm just asking.

Alls I have to say is that I'm super glad there's no moldy glassy weed in my part of the world. And around here it's the chinese triads that apparently run shit. Looks like they're doing it right:)

Ps if you ARE in the gang for the love of god don't come admit it here!!

growshopfrank

Veteran
around here it's the chinese triads that apparently run shit. Looks like they're doing it right:)

Ps if you ARE in the gang for the love of god don't come admit it here!![/QUOTE]

If you want to piss off a Chinese accuse them of being Vietnamese :)

David762

Thanks for updating me on the (UK) vernacular.

Thanks for updating me on the (UK) vernacular.

A box is a Kilo bro, in the UK it is anyway but i've known some folks in UK to even call an Oz a box, what a bunch of weirdo's eh looooooooool

In spite of the Northern latitude and weather there in the UK, you folks have done some amazing grows -- IIRC that "Cheese" was a UK-developed strain that made it's way back to the Netherlands. Pretty nice strain, imho.

Most of your UK grows must be indoors, or else in greenhouses -- I spent 3 years there in the UK in my early youth (Stains & Slough), and I still remember the long cold winters 50 years later -- kerosine space heaters & coal fireplaces & heavy quilt comforters notwithstanding. Summers never lasted long enough there.

(Just my tuppence-worth.) Cheerio!

S

Silence

recently had a few 2000-3000 plant ops busted in liverpool area... mostly the viets and some other big scally commercial ops friggin pigs have gone for it before the cuts take toll.... though some where result of the bad weather damage buildings .... flukey pigs.......

Skyver

Although I've also heard the same thing about them doing 6wks flowering instead of full term & putting it out on the UK streets, This grow looks like it has had quite a bit a love put in as well as money. I wouldn't be surprised as some else said I think earlier if this was a kick arse strain done well.

chizzleonetime

''You clearly don't get the uk scene that doesn't know about growing yet??? Some people are real shitty and others in the dark!! People need there eyes opening... ''
finally a bit of sense , you get some really nice cheese blues etc from the triads and whichever idiot disputes 6g a keg hahha people are paying 5-7grand a kilo round here depends who you now and if theres middlemen involved cos everyone wants a butty,,,, strictly for blues and cheese , blue cheese blueberry ssh amnesia nothing else really , and whoever said theres no money to be made you dont have a clue it goes for 220-60 for quality the kinda quality people who dont live in urban areas rarely see this quality, ive heard of people getting 1.2g for a 20 pound weed!

Firstly I have to apologize on behalf of all the B.C Growers from 20 years ago who taught the V.C how to grow weed and got them into the Biz.....

They destroyed the main market in Vancouver by growing crap strains and harvesting same strains early and selling them still wet......(Do any web search on Vietnamese/cannabis in Vancouver)

They got targeted so much in Vancouver/B.C that in the last 10 yrs they taught/moved their trade all over the world to where the locals had not seen it/were not looking for it

And , yes , they will scam,adulterate and max out the profit on every opportunity they can ;and yes they use slave/illegals to do their work(cheap)

But the day they learn to grow it well with a good strain is the day we will all have to give up growing for retail......

get used to them ,they will not be going away.

L

luvaduck

s'pose you've all seen the big busts in victoria, australia earlier this week? no big factories though, they've only found the residential properties(streets full of them) as yet.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Officers found evidence of a previous harvest and believe the factory had been in operation since July.

get rid of old garbage, folks! I still have "evidence" of my past harvests all over my house. All of it is going out TODAY.

Wait, so the biggest bust was 11,276 plants valued at £14m, but this 8,000 plant grow is valued at £2m? How are they getting these numbers?

I feel bad for the gardeners. They were probably making min wage and obviously insignificant in the grand scheme of things. This bust likely won't put much of a dent in the few on top who orchestrate these grows.

A

ak-51

So I have a few questions about this grow after seeing the pictures...

How the heck were they hand watering them? It doesn't look like you can really get to a lot of them. How would you get close enough to do it unless you were moving them pot by pot in order to water. And what was the deal with the run-off? Did they just hose down the floor or something? I would think you would at least want some space between the pots and the floor...

Seems like a lot of work but I guess you can spare the time when you live there.

bigwity

Veteran
i think they meant they found uv lights for the veg/clone rooms and heat lamps for flower. the strain is a cheese hybrid as they dont like cheese due to yield

666 posts bokaa

Latest posts

Latest posts