What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LOL Edibles dosing

G

Sorry to drop this thread in here but I dont see any info even doing a search.

We are here in the middle of non 420 crossroads of America and was gifted a half pack of the belts. Package says 300MG and we are wondering what is good first bite and please dont say all of them. How much of a single belt is equal to about 10 MG from those who can tell from experience please ? 1/4 of a belt ? I think the package came with about 6 individual "belts" and we have a few in the fridge for this weekend. Wife smokes 4-5 days a week after work and Im a every other weekend smoker.

Last thing I want is to eat more than Im comfortable with. Yeah sounds funny and I was one of the ones who 30 years ago tried to eat every purple microdot and lude I could find as well but now I like to just get a nice buzz and screw or watch TV as in sativa buzz or indica buzz.

PS my current grow of Smash is about on week 5 and looking like it needs another 4-5 easy. Next run Im going back to Glue.

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It depends on folks and their tolerances. 10mg is a good place to start. It is easier to take 2 bites than ride out a big bite :) In this case, 300mg = 30x10mg portions. If it has 6 portions, then they would be 50mg a piece.

ozzieAI

Veteran
It depends on folks and their tolerances. 10mg is a good place to start. It is easier to take 2 bites than ride out a big bite :) In this case, 300mg = 30x10mg portions. If it has 6 portions, then they would be 50mg a piece.

this is good advice...

from my experience making caps i get roughly 30mg/cap which is a good level for most seasoned tokers...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
this is good advice...

from my experience making caps i get roughly 30mg/cap which is a good level for most seasoned tokers...
because I am not a recreational user, I like the 10mg canna pill (make my own). I find at this level I can carry out my daily functions without being wasted. The owner of the shop where I get my RSO from made me an RSO pill, what he uses. He got an earful when I returned to the shop LOL. Not a bad experience perse, but definitely ripped to the tits :)

Gry

I like 30-50 mg myself. I would think 15 mg would be a decent start point.

ozzieAI

Veteran
I like 30-50 mg myself. I would think 15 mg would be a decent start point.

it's not just the mg that counts, it's also how activated the THC is. i use coconut oil, lecithin and terpenes to enhance the experience and maximise bang for buck...

because I am not a recreational user, I like the 10mg canna pill (make my own). I find at this level I can carry out my daily functions without being wasted. The owner of the shop where I get my RSO from made me an RSO pill, what he uses. He got an earful when I returned to the shop LOL. Not a bad experience perse, but definitely ripped to the tits

yep..happened to me more times than i can count...

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I just use butter and boil for three hours in water.

I judge potency by eating too much when I make my first batch of cookies out of a given run of butter.

Then I try and eat just one.

I suppose you could start by eating just one but why go about it all backwards? :D

The last time I had gummies they were 20 mg. I could eat five before I was high as I get with a cookie.

But I just had two cookies and am just as stoned as I prefer to be.

I'm guessing if I were to eat 200 mg I would be around the same dose.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i made some butter 2 years ago... 2 sticks of butter+ water, 1 oz of sdkush tops and starting cooking in the crockpot- after about an hr i threw in another 2 large buds plus some kif i had- after cooking/and refrigerating and draining the black water for 4 days, had my 8oz of canna-butter - made '11' cookies with 44grams of butter (4grams per cookie) - i ate 1 cookie and was fuk'd... i mean fuk'd... couldnt move- very unpleasant .... gave the rest of the cookies and the butter away... went back to the bong

T

Teddybrae

Hell! you Guys and your Milligrams! the Missus and I eat .75g per day in three doses.

That's powdered heads, not made into oil ...

Gry

Hell! you Guys and your Milligrams! the Missus and I eat .75g per day in three doses.

That's powdered heads, not made into oil ...

You decarb it ?
What strain are you using ?
Is the intent recreational or medical ?
What effect do you seek, and how it working ?