What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New sealed ppk room

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those plants are looking great ! Your gonna have a lot of trimming to do come harvest time. I see you mentioning EC and ph. Your in ppk's right ? Isn't one of the pro's of that system, not having to worry about ph and EC. Maybe I'm wrong and missed any new stuff with ppks'. But when delta-9 first started with them, I remember him saying that.

Earlmarne

Those plants are looking great ! Your gonna have a lot of trimming to do come harvest time. I see you mentioning EC and ph. Your in ppk's right ? Isn't one of the pro's of that system, not having to worry about ph and EC. Maybe I'm wrong and missed any new stuff with ppks'. But when delta-9 first started with them, I remember him saying that.
Thanks bro.
Yeah they have proven to be pretty stable for other folks and for me up til this new build.
I beleive that my issue here is jamming 3 plants into the containers and having too much root mass.
My last build plants stayed ph stable for 4 months until I cut them down.
Things that have changed is.
Sealed room
Drilling holes in the bottom
More plants per container
New de lights.
Not sure if i have an issue that I am not yet aware of or not honestly.
Ive raised ec up to a point I feel things should level out if that was the cause.
We will see tonight if ph swung up again

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Yall cover the green lights on your co2 controls, timers and such?
Realized ive has all those lights uncovered

Yes, I cover every little light there is. Good to go in there during the dark period and see if however many layers of tape you used blocks out all the light.

Earlmarne

Well, covered up the lights on my pump timer, ac , and co2 controller.
Ph is staying stable at 6.0 so far, ec is at 1.6
Going to have to pick up a dehumidifier. Humidity is staying around 80 percent.
Been tucking all but the sour bubble leaners every day back under the net

Attachments

• 492506E1-6BA7-48BC-8D58-AFF91E41FBB5.jpg
    492506E1-6BA7-48BC-8D58-AFF91E41FBB5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 25

Earlmarne

Co2 at 1000 ppms should I be raising ppms? Seems most info I find folks go up to 1500.
I want to say I got my 1000 ppm number from one of delta 9s threads but I think hes running perpetual

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
1000 ppm is plenty of co2. Ambient air is between 200-400 I believe, and exchanging air works well. So 1000 ppm co2 will be fine. I also used to run a sealed room with co2. Controller broke on me. Sop I found a co2 calculator online and set a timer on the burner to keep the levels at about 1000. Plants did just fine.

Earlmarne

Noticed a bunch of my stems tried to rot from the tanglefoot it would seem

Attachments

• B77CA5C0-5A66-4C8C-B2BF-910011733B93.jpg
    B77CA5C0-5A66-4C8C-B2BF-910011733B93.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 22
  • E1AE28AD-CA6B-40BF-89D7-1DA2074ECBDF.jpg
    E1AE28AD-CA6B-40BF-89D7-1DA2074ECBDF.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 33

Earlmarne

A buddy shut down his grow.
Picked up a couple oscillating wall fans, a few inlines, 6 jupiter 6 sealed hoods, 7 1k digis and 5 t5 lights for next to nuthin. Going to look at trading off these sealed hoods for some adjusta wings or maybe trade the lights towards some cmh lights.

Saw pre flowers at 10 days, 8 on the deadhead. Exact same as my last couple vertical grows. Really would like to speed that up but believe it’s genetic.
Humidity is spiking at lights off to 90, hangs at 70 lights on. Not worried yet, but need to start shopping for a dehumidifier.
Any suggestions? Im pretty dang strapped at the moment.
Will get some pics up sunday or monday for their 14 day photo shoot.
Been cleaning up suckers a little each day and am still training the deadhead bucket to keep the canopy even

DunHav`nFun

Air exchange twice per minute will control your RH spikes during lights out bro......Where I live and grew is in a state of constant 70-90 % RH , so as long as you keep constant airflow "around" the plants above and below but never directly on em with wall fans , and air exchange twice per minute 24/7 with those inlines you acquired should sail you on home to a good Harvey..... but.....

Didn`t see the post about stem rot......Think I saw a thread where a bleach spray killed the stuff.....go look at 8 K coco grow in grow diaries....pretty sure he killed it with bleach spray.....hope all works out....anyways....

Good luck.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Earlmarne

Air exchange twice per minute will control your RH spikes during lights out bro......Where I live and grew is in a state of constant 70-90 % RH , so as long as you keep constant airflow "around" the plants above and below but never directly on em with wall fans , and air exchange twice per minute 24/7 with those inlines you acquired should sail you on home to a good Harvey..... but.....

Didn`t see the post about stem rot......Think I saw a thread where a bleach spray killed the stuff.....go look at 8 K coco grow in grow diaries....pretty sure he killed it with bleach spray.....hope all works out....anyways....

Good luck.....DHF.....:ying:.....
Thanks man, appreciate you stopping in.
It seems like the stems are good to go now. Just shrunk n ugly where i put tanglefoot.
I fix on puting an exhaust in after this run to dump air at lights off, but wanted to give this room a go atleast once completely sealed. I took and mounted the 14’’ oscillating fans on the long wall last night. So I have 4 oscillating above the canopy now and 2 muffin fans under the canopy.
Crossing my fingers if I keep air moving and get a dehumidifier in there for lights off soon this run will work out

DunHav`nFun

Meant to tell yas that a lil known secret of most commercial growers in medville is to exhaust their sealed rooms as needed during lights out since plants shit out all excess CO2 and water vapor that was unused during lights on blastin RH levels waaaaay high that causes airborne nasties to form without sufficient airflow , and saves bigtime electrical on dehuey`s running far less.....anyways....

Good luck and hope that helps...

Peace.....DHF......

Earlmarne

Meant to tell yas that a lil known secret of most commercial growers in medville is to exhaust their sealed rooms as needed during lights out since plants shit out all excess CO2 and water vapor that was unused during lights on blastin RH levels waaaaay high that causes airborne nasties to form without sufficient airflow , and saves bigtime electrical on dehuey`s running far less.....anyways....

Good luck and hope that helps...

Peace.....DHF......

Makes sense, dang inline fans dont take much for electricity.
Honestly tossed around the idea of cutting a hole for an exhaust and some passive intakes like my vertical build. Just got lazy and anxious for another round and filled the room.
Ill be shutting it down again after this run to do as i should have originally. Seems I like to learn the hard way. Crazy, Ive always fought to keep rh levels up and now that I’m sealed Im on the other end. Lesson learned for sure. A dehumidifier will be a good thing to have around when needed after this run. Figure I’ll just pick up one of the ones from the grow shop and can put it up after this run

Earlmarne

Got a big problem.
The s1 seed pot. 2 are males. Dang pot is rootbound. I chopped the 2 males.
Those roots i imagine are going to start rotting though.
What do I do here? I think I may have to pull the container but I really want to see what the sole female brings to the table
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Earlmarne

Heres a pic. Two stumps and the lone female. I dont think the pondzyme, and hygrozyme are enough to break down those roots

Attachments

• 741A24B4-812D-4FC0-BAE5-A8B4BF523165.jpg
    741A24B4-812D-4FC0-BAE5-A8B4BF523165.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 28

Earlmarne

I pulled the pot. Keeping the males and lone female for a later date.
Pretty bummed on my canopy now. I think from now on this room will be mono cropped.
Heres a pic before lights on day 13.

Attachments

• DAD5388E-64FB-428A-A92D-C7420B49967C.jpg
    DAD5388E-64FB-428A-A92D-C7420B49967C.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 24

Earlmarne

This here is gb bx2 nmbr 8. Lanky as hell. Throws 3 finger leaves til shes dialed, then 5 skinny ones. Super dense nugs zero hermi issues. She will have the room to herself next run. Excited to see what she does with co2

Attachments

• 265F8B87-92C5-4F1C-8872-F093F6C33D5C.jpg
    265F8B87-92C5-4F1C-8872-F093F6C33D5C.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 31