Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > IDIOT's GUIDE TO PPK

Thread Title Search
IDIOT's GUIDE TO PPK Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 PM #1
workman

workman is on a distinguished road
IDIOT's GUIDE TO PPK

Hey guys I don't know about you but I would love to see a idiot's guide to PPK for all the guys like me who have found it very hard to sift through the threads and shows. I just can't wrap my mind around how exactly it works and then there are many variations. Should one pulse or not pulse hand feed or automate feedings for best result's etc,etc. I'm sure once I realize how it works it will seem super easy but as of right now I'm confused and I'm sure some others are in my boats as well.

So Delta, Zeke, Imaginary Friend,and those I missed if you have time help a stoner out.
workman is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 PM #2
workman

Bump this up those who are interested So that our respected PPK'ers will comment
workman is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 PM #3
high life 45
Seen your Member?

high life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to all
Best growth results without a doubt, will be hooking your pump up to a cycle timer for multiple saturation pulses.

Dave the Newb is also looking for a simple how to, I believe D9 is going to answer all of this at some point in time.

A point in time that is hopefully in the near future.

The ppk is a top fed wicking recirculating hydro system.

Is there a specific question you have or are you just trying to understand the system as a whole?

Harvest Large

Food is medicine, medicine is food.

high life 45 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 PM #4
Treetroit City
Moderately Super

Treetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivor
Would be nice. I was just checking out the PPK thread and it sucks with no pics.

Current Karma OG Test Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy
Treetroit City is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 PM #5
bloyd

bloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Coast View Post
Would be nice. I was just checking out the PPK thread and it sucks with no pics.

Check out the wicked pulse thread. Great pics, everything you need to know. D9 has more than put in his time explaining and re-explaining every facet of the ppk in his threads.

I learned how to build a ppk when the thread was around 223 pages long. Read every page like a book I couldn't put down and consider it the best investment in time I have ever spent. You could filter d9's posts in his wicked pulse thread and get everything you need to know, with amazing pics (thanks mrs. d9) in a few hours. His documentation throughout the process is unparalleled on these boards. It's all there, put in a little time, if you have questions ask them in the ppk thread and somebody will be more than happy to assist.

You really do not need to understand the system to grow fantastic plants. I have built ppk's for 2 friends that have never grown a plant before and they have repeatedly turned out flawless harvest after flawless harvest. All they know how to do is input jacks/calc. nit at 1.2 and it has more than worked out for them as well as myself. They don't have any interest in learning the dynamics behind the system. There repeated successful harvests without a single failure is testament to them not needing to know why or how it works.

I have a hunch that there are many more people growing in these ppk's than we even know about, but they don't come forward for fear of losing an edge on competition. Truly any joe blow can grow fantastic plants in this system that d9 has thoroughly researched and designed and nobody would have a use for a hydro store if they did.
bloyd is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 PM #6
workman

Bloyd thanks for the response unfortunately the picks are down in those threads and even if they weren't reading through 200 pages when I work fulltime/wife/kids/masturbation, etc, etc.
workman is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 PM #7
workman

Quote:
Originally Posted by high life 45 View Post
Best growth results without a doubt, will be hooking your pump up to a cycle timer for multiple saturation pulses.

Dave the Newb is also looking for a simple how to, I believe D9 is going to answer all of this at some point in time.

A point in time that is hopefully in the near future.

The ppk is a top fed wicking recirculating hydro system.

Is there a specific question you have or are you just trying to understand the system as a whole?

Harvest Large

Good to have you Highlife you were one of the people I was hoping would show up love checking out your grows/posts. Here are a few of my questions.

1. What does the bottom and top bucket's do and whats's inside of them.

2. What purpose do the tire valves serve and how many should be used.

3. Turdface only or a mix?

I have more but for right now this may help. Thanks again guy's.

workman is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 PM #8
workman

Damn I already thought of a few more questions but I will wait to see if they are answered in response
workman is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 PM #9
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten will become famous soon enoughjohnnyrotten will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by workman View Post
Good to have you Highlife you were one of the people I was hoping would show up love checking out your grows/posts. Here are a few of my questions.

1. What does the bottom and top bucket's do and whats's inside of them.

2. What purpose do the tire valves serve and how many should be used.

3. Turdface only or a mix?

I have more but for right now this may help. Thanks again guy's.

1. The top bucket is just a plastic bucket with a tailpiece that holds growing medium that acts as a wick. The buckets are usually drilled out, I believe this is so it air prunes similar to a smart pot. The bottoms bucket is a reservoir, the wick pulls the nutrient solution from the bottom bucket.

2. The tire valves are used to connect the bottom bucket/res to a control bucket, this keeps the water level in all the buckets the same...

3. I don't think the growing medium matters, I'm using 70/30 coco/perlite....

You will notice that I didn't include pulsing in mine, that is because I want a method that is completely passive initially until I get eveything dialed in... Once that happens I will go to a pulse...

It took me less than twenty minutes to make my PPK bucket, control bucket and res...
johnnyrotten is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:24 PM #10
high life 45
Seen your Member?

high life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to allhigh life 45 is a name known to all
Jonny rotten is on the mark,
I am no longer drilling out the top bucket and I dont think d9 is either.

Jonny is using a smart pot which I have also thought about.

I prefer to use Pushfittings which can be found at your local hardware chain. They are much easier to work with than tire valves imho.

I would definitely use a mix with rice hulls. I use floor dry, no cheap source of turface around me. 20lbs of diatomite(floordry) is $7.

Food is medicine, medicine is food.

high life 45 is offline Quote