Originally Posted by workman
Good to have you Highlife you were one of the people I was hoping would show up love checking out your grows/posts. Here are a few of my questions.
1. What does the bottom and top bucket's do and whats's inside of them.
2. What purpose do the tire valves serve and how many should be used.
3. Turdface only or a mix?
I have more but for right now this may help. Thanks again guy's.
1. The top bucket is just a plastic bucket with a tailpiece that holds growing medium that acts as a wick. The buckets are usually drilled out, I believe this is so it air prunes similar to a smart pot. The bottoms bucket is a reservoir, the wick pulls the nutrient solution from the bottom bucket.
2. The tire valves are used to connect the bottom bucket/res to a control bucket, this keeps the water level in all the buckets the same...
3. I don't think the growing medium matters, I'm using 70/30 coco/perlite....
You will notice that I didn't include pulsing in mine, that is because I want a method that is completely passive initially until I get eveything dialed in... Once that happens I will go to a pulse...
It took me less than twenty minutes to make my PPK bucket, control bucket and res...