You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Blumat auto watering

Thread Title Search
Blumat auto watering Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2009, 07:43 PM #51
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenisgold View Post
Pots are 1 and 1.5 gallon. I'm 6 weeks into flowering and they dry out every 2.5 days or so. I also have great drip trays that can hold a boat load of water.
Just remember to shorten the dripper hose from 8cm to 6 cm.
Seems to make them more responsive in the smaller pots.

SD

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
Give the pot a good watering.
Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~
sunnydog is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2009, 09:52 PM #52
joaquin386

joaquin386 will become famous soon enoughjoaquin386 will become famous soon enough
Thanks SD always helpfull
Fridge: Neville Haze, NL5xHZ, Black Widow, Afghan Haze (MrNice), Skunk#1, NL, O. Haze, Afghan#1, Mama Thai (Seedsman), Love Potion#1, Double Skunk (Refeerman), Hashberry (Mandala), Snowdog BX1, Chemdog BX2, DSD (Reservoir) Manala, Mazar-i-Sharif (RSC) O. HazexSkunk#1 (SamS) HashberryxNevilleHaze, BubblegumxDSD (myself)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
joaquin386 is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2009, 06:43 PM #53
greenisgold

greenisgold will become famous soon enoughgreenisgold will become famous soon enough
Update: So I left for 8 days and these things worked awesome. I used a 5 gallon pot and filled it up with water and a very light amount of nutes. Came back 8 days later and the 5 gallon container had about a gallon of water in it. Like I stated in an earlier post, this is the third system I have bought in regards to self watering and this is by far the best.
greenisgold is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:43 AM #54
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenisgold View Post
Update: So I left for 8 days and these things worked awesome. I used a 5 gallon pot and filled it up with water and a very light amount of nutes. Came back 8 days later and the 5 gallon container had about a gallon of water in it. Like I stated in an earlier post, this is the third system I have bought in regards to self watering and this is by far the best.
I am VERY HAPPY these worked for you, too!
How is everyone else doing?

SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM #55
purpbythepound

purpbythepound is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up pretty kool

i havent seen anyone going this small with these yet but this is the deal..i grow sog in 32 oz gatorade bottles dr bud style and i simply cannot be around to water them all the time and i would like to use some kind of automated watering system..not sure if this would work well for my application considering the cones may take up too much space and also i think someone said the dripper hose has to be a certain length..just not sure if these would be able to fit in my gatorade grow bottles..what do you guys think??
And not a curse**
purpbythepound is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM #56
sunnydog
Drip King

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpbythepound View Post
i havent seen anyone going this small with these yet but this is the deal..i grow sog in 32 oz gatorade bottles dr bud style and i simply cannot be around to water them all the time and i would like to use some kind of automated watering system..not sure if this would work well for my application considering the cones may take up too much space and also i think someone said the dripper hose has to be a certain length..just not sure if these would be able to fit in my gatorade grow bottles..what do you guys think??
Blumat "indoor" may be a better option.
They water THROUGH the cone.

SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 PM #57
purpbythepound

purpbythepound is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydog View Post
Blumat "indoor" may be a better option.
They water THROUGH the cone.

SD
glad to hear bro..im going to have to look into those
And not a curse**
purpbythepound is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 PM #58
fsaebud

fsaebud is on a distinguished road
https://www.thesustainablevillage.com...t/detail/37061

here they have a version with an extension so it gos to the bottom of the pot. would this be beneficial so that it waters when the bottom gets dry instead of so close to the top? or would it water less because it would wait till the bottom dried up before it started to drip? it only cost 0.25 more but i don't really know the difference or if there would be any benefit?

i plan on getting these when i set up for more space but right now i am still in a small closet. and seeing as how this is quite simple and i would like to follow the rules of KISS (keep it simple stupid) these would be perfect without the need for an extra timer or pump to auto water less things to go wrong in my book.
fsaebud is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2009, 10:53 AM #59
sunnydog
Drip King

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsaebud View Post

here they have a version with an extension so it gos to the bottom of the pot. would this be beneficial so that it waters when the bottom gets dry instead of so close to the top? or would it water less because it would wait till the bottom dried up before it started to drip? it only cost 0.25 more but i don't really know the difference or if there would be any benefit?

i plan on getting these when i set up for more space but right now i am still in a small closet. and seeing as how this is quite simple and i would like to follow the rules of KISS (keep it simple stupid) these would be perfect without the need for an extra timer or pump to auto water less things to go wrong in my book.
For REALLY BIG pots!

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM #60
CMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsaebud View Post

man thats a great find........best get me a dozen hunted down.......im thinking standards up top and the extensions spiked to halfway down a ten gallon growbag full of coco! whats your thoughts sunnydog?

cmoon