What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Rudealis x Early C99 = Month long auto?

L

larry badiner

This is just speculation, Ive heard of a cut of c99 that does about 30 days, if you cross it with the right auto you can have a plant that pumps out c99 once a month

that's a dealbreaker in legal states

J-Icky

In theory it sounds great, but is there really a good pheno of C99 that only takes 30 days, seems far fetched.
Honestly I don’t think I believe that pheno exists. Even early indicas take 50+ days and any grower can chop a plant at 30 days and call it done but is it really done, is it really at its best or was it just rushed so the grower or breeder could make a claim?

JockBudman

I'd be willing to bet the person ripping a c99 down at 30 days would be saying "I've checked the trichs" and then when we get a harvest shot it'll be a half done runt with white hairs everywhere.

People need to put down the loupe and learn how to tell ripeness from all the other signs first before they go microscoping and declaring some early ambers as a fully grown plant.

Funnily enough I've got an underdawg og the now that's 5 weeks in and has plenty red hairs but I'm leaving it at least another 3 weeks because I know what a fully ripe cannabis plant looks like and it's isn't even close to that.
Bet I could loupe up some ambers though and justify cutting it to plenty on the net :laughing:

Anyway, it's not like c99 isn't a quick flowerer anyway :dunno: you can cut her at 7 if need be and that's about as fast as I'll accept without some pretty conclusive evidence to the contrary.

Ganja gu brah :joint:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chopping c99 early probably led to the heart pumping racy descriptions people have. Funny soul says 8 to 9 weeks now.

I have personally seen sour bubble phenos done at 49. Fully swollen calyx shrivelled recessed pistils and proper stone.

30 days highly doubtfull. I have seen plants stunt and finish early with too much nutes.

redlaser

Veteran
Ruderalis would not add anything useful that I know of.

Basically starts flowering at week 1 or 2 and still takes another 60 to finish, so not cutting any time by adding that.

soil margin

Veteran
I'd love to see what some of this 30 day c99 looks like. I just have a hard time believing that any current genetics are capable of producing high quality bud that quickly. How can a plant be that much faster than any other and still produce a comparable level of resin? Would be impressive if someone actually had it though.

LostTribe

Premium user
Absolutely not.

Never heard of any C99 original or otherwise finishing quicker than 45 days. I never took any before 49 days but those were the original release from HS 01/02.

Any plant that finished in 30 days wouldn't be worth your time anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts