What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*READ WARNING* irritable bowel syndrome and marijuana

L

larry badiner

*WARNING*

WHEN NOVICES ARE EXPOSED TO HIGH DOSES OF TETRA THC THEY GET PARANOID AND SOMETIMES WITH INDICA STRAINS PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO SUPPORT THEMSELVES, CAUSING FALLS, OR IT CAN TRIGGER SEVERE DEPRESSION, AND SOMETIMES DUE TO CHEMICALS, A PYSCHOTIC BREAKDOWN

but smoking a joint (blunts dont work for some reason) really helps with my irritable bowel syndrome when im on the can. was a pleasant and long shower afterwards. i felt regular with it, i smoked some thai i think, could've been apple jack

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Curing an H.Pylori infections and getting azadirachtin out of my cannabis **eliminated** my IBS. I eat clean food and still had issues till I stopped the Neem/Aza and removed the H.Pylori. ;)

Can anyone recommend a strain for IBD? Possibly high in CBD?
I like a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD for pain relief, there are several strains out there with similar numbers, locally here in Denver I tend to see Z-7 and Sweet Remedy with ratios that are close. If you can find the CBD cut of Smurfette it has a 1:1 ratio as well, but that's a bit of a rare one.

Green Squall

I like a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD for pain relief, there are several strains out there with similar numbers, locally here in Denver I tend to see Z-7 and Sweet Remedy with ratios that are close. If you can find the CBD cut of Smurfette it has a 1:1 ratio as well, but that's a bit of a rare one.

Thanks. I'm not sure what the dispensary scene will be like here in MA once they open, but I'll keep that in mind. How about Pennywise? I think I know someone who makes a tincture.

Thanks. I'm not sure what the dispensary scene will be like here in MA once they open, but I'll keep that in mind. How about Pennywise? I think I know someone who makes a tincture.
If it's anything like how CO started, all the focus will be on high THC flowers for the first few years, only as growers and consumers become more sophisticated will the good CBD strains start popping up.

I haven't tried Pennywise before, but it looks like it should be good as well. I've had much better luck with dabbing and vaping than i've had with tinctures trying to relieve my gut issues, but everyone's body is different, so your metabolism may respond differently than mine.

weedtoker

Veteran
earthy/spicy variety's usually ease my milder symptoms, blue's is usualy high in caryophyllene iirc...

cheers