What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sativa mother plant for cloning.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here is a bagseed sativa mother plant for clone production. HOPEFULLY. Need to kick her growth into high gear. Want her to grow bigger before taking clones. She grows in fox farm soil.
She isn't the best looking but is growing.
she was tied down the other day.
lights are 2 lil led lights.

picture.php

Floridian

Veteran
Something special about that strain#1?I give her an 8 of 10 on the sadness meter that's one unhappy girl

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Looks over watered, she'll pull thru.

My narrow leaf types veg much faster than the wide leaf types,
you'll have cuts in no time.

What are you doing to that plant anyway, lol

M

meowmeowmeow

A little heat stress maybe .....go eay and are you venting the space or is there a fan?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I am ready to take a clone or 2 from her. I just bought some fox farm ocean forest soil. can I use it for cloning?

The dilemma I have is wither to start new seeds and take a chance of them being female or take a few clones from the sativa.

What would you do?

GoatCheese

Veteran
I am ready to take a clone or 2 from her. I just bought some fox farm ocean forest soil. can I use it for cloning?

The dilemma I have is wither to start new seeds and take a chance of them being female or take a few clones from the sativa.

What would you do?

Stress free state of the mother-plant is quite important to cloning success, so if your mother is still stressed, you might want to re-pot her into good soil and then clone her after few weeks when you see new healthy growth.

Rooting in potting soil..
Clones are usually given quite mild fertilization, so hot potting soil may not be the best option but i don't have much experience with rooting cuttings in soil. I use Jiffy-pucks mainly, and plain glass of water during summer time when it's warmer.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I think getting some good soil and transplanting is the way to go. You should see some lush green growth a week later and then start looking at taking clones.

In the meantime you have nothing to lose taking two clones now and rooting them in the ocean forest. Some strains are more sensitive than others. I have rooted in straight worm castings before. Worth a shot.

So I would:

Take a couple clones and get them into fresh soil.

Transplant Mom to a bigger pot with fresh soil.

Make sure it isn't to hot in your room, good circulation etc.

Keep us posted!

M

meowmeowmeow

Since you got OF pick their Light Warrior up.
It has myccorizer in it and I have used it successfullyy before with clones & cuts.

Low and slow on the nute/supersoil will prevent burn.
I do the 20 % top nutrual with supersoil 80% below mix....
make'em reach for the food. :biggrin:
Coco is a good muclher uptop I've used in me pots too.
Cheap and you can get it in a brick.

And please don't take cuts yet....get her a little more healthier with that soil transplant. :yes:
It will be worth the wait and patience is the name of the game. :biggrin:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Hey meow,

Your advice worked. Transplanted her into the OF soil. she is growing much healthier now and she'll be ready to get cloning very soon. :)

M

meowmeowmeow

Cool.
I cant take credit for anything other than pleading you to wait.:biggrin:

And here's the stingy sativa (Space Cookie) I'm working with now.....she doesnt like water it seemed and turned yellow as seen but is stacking quite nicely now
20170515_203248.jpg 20170515_203121.jpg