What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The End of Caregiving As We Know It In Michigan: Medical Marijuana Bills Pass Senate

mule420

Why do you need to go by way of dispensary? I would guess ease of making money...

Caregivers could supply every patient in the state, we don't need dispensaries.

Creating a SB that outlaws dispensaries and makes collectives legal sounds more appealing. How many patients can you supply on 72 plants, if you were allowed?

My patients didn't buy enough to keep it running, or it would start degrading by the time they did buy it.

That's the way Colorado was, we supplied all patients until obama came out with a memo saying they wouldn't prosecute dispenarys then shit blew up! Then big business rolled in and here we are...

I agree, collectives are a much better model and allows for people who give a shit to provide top shelf meds for our patients!

72 plants I could have done 12 patients with both edibles and smokers. I had 6 with 36 plants... Peace and puffs! Your hearts in the right place don't let it get you down,you can still help!

morgandecaptain

To my understanding the lowest it can be scheduled is II. Because of the war on drugs pushed by the USA, language has been put into numerous treaties around the world and all that would need to be changed also. I hope I'm wrong but I read about this somewhere.

PeterGreen

The Rhode Island senate is on youtube applauding the activists
who pushed to get $ out of politics. Fighting for particular issues
rarely works when your fight is against people with more $..
Should say never! Gotta be $ first, get the money out.. YouTube
Rhode Island senate applauds ... maybe article 5 rhode island

Sorry I'm bad at this computer ahhh stuff

Kozmo

Veteran
The current politician system is ancient. Your rights as a free countryman have been being stripped since probably before Kennedies death. We don't need the government in its current form. We have an Internet. We can vote for ourselves all issues. Daily people are on Facebook. Our officials are bought and paid for puppets. The children's education is being determined by big buisness. They are making us slaves. The very few are to be held into there secure wealth on the backs of commoners. The credit system is just another form of indentured servitude. Those who stand in the way of money will be put down. This legislation is wrong. Cannabis is the only drug they test for that stays in the system and the body doesn't try to reject it, it stores it. It should be as free as any other fruit or vegetable. The problem is not canna, security, or even the bought puppet politicians. It's the big money. It's the big companies. The monstrous consumption of our home planet by imaginary things like money and corporations. Protect your loved ones.

Much respect

Somewhere out there

Kozmo

DemonTrich

Veteran
So if your a grower for patients who doesn't do the overages thing for dispos, does anything really change, or is it a big FU to all growers? All this mumbo jumbo double talk is more confusing than reading my crystal ball when I give psychic readings.

I tell you what, time to start looking for property in cali, Colorado or Washington. Michigan's getting a little out of controll. Might as well live in China and be told how many kids you can have. Although not a bad idea for some ppl.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres a post from MJpassion

"It wont be anything like Colorado.
You see, Coloradans voted in a Constitutional Amendment to protect the Rights of individuals. Individuals 21 & older can grow 6 plants at a time at home without asking anybody for permission.

It's the closest, in the nation, to actual legalization.
"

heres a solid idea... lets get 12 instead of 6 harharharr

The idea that limiting the number of plants a person can grow is foolish at best & the wrong way to regulate into the market 'artificial shortages'.

Shortages, wether artificial or natural, drive prices UP!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the caregiver system as it stands. The fact that caregivers can afford to give the patients they are supporting lower than wholesale prices while supplying dispensaries is a testament to it's efficiency.

No regulations will create the type of efficiency realised by MI patients as they do today.
Hope this makes sense.

TheMan13

Veteran
To my understanding the lowest it can be scheduled is II. Because of the war on drugs pushed by the USA, language has been put into numerous treaties around the world and all that would need to be changed also. I hope I'm wrong but I read about this somewhere.

Yes, treaties such as the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotics and it's one world government idealism are problematic. It was that game that drove Congress to write and pass our 1970 Controlled Substance Act. Although it is the CSA, not the international treaty that criminalizes marijuana in this country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs

There are also numerous executive/presidential policies standing in this counrty like the Domestic Cannabis Eradication / Suppression Program that will need to fall before our cannabis laws see any true integrity.
http://www.dea.gov/ops/cannabis.shtml

We've got a long way to go no doubt and we'll need to get our politicos heads out of their campaigning/influence peddling asses if we ever hope to see them get to work ...

Last edited:

geneva_sativa

The idea that limiting the number of plants a person can grow is foolish at best & the wrong way to regulate into the market 'artificial shortages'.

Shortages, wether artificial or natural, drive prices UP!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the caregiver system as it stands. The fact that caregivers can afford to give the patients they are supporting lower than wholesale prices while supplying dispensaries is a testament to it's efficiency.

No regulations will create the type of efficiency realised by MI patients as they do today.
Hope this makes sense.

indeed, they are trying to change it from win/win to win/lose.

allowing only certain sanctified groups to grow and supply, something that anyone could pretty easily grow for themselves or friends / family.

it is the stuff of typical political jujitsu, dividing up humanity and play them against each other.

stripping some people of their rights and bestowing these " rights " onto another. " Yay, I'm Free ! "

TheMan13

Veteran
I keep hearing people saying, well its ok man, patient to caregiver is still ok and you can grow your own, just not sell it...

I don't think thats the case anymore...even if you grow 1 plant, when you chop and hang it, whatever the weight is(past 15oz's), can be used against you in court according to the new bill.

so how can any caregiver in this state provide for anyone but themselves?

I think growers will be forced to dry their product at a safe location once chopped, which some already do...

The arbitrary (2.5 ounce/12 plants) numbers per patient have always been a joke that the Justice System uses to forget about Section 4 (protections for use) of MMMA and pretend that it's simply a medical exception rather than the law it is (aka equivocation). There is a reason no such arbitrary language is used in Section 8 (defenses) of our law. Section 8 clearly provides an "Affirmative Defense and Dismissal for Medical Marihuana" crimes of ANY amount "reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition".

What could 2.5 ounces and/or 12 plants possibly have to do with my medicinal or cultivation needs?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Using purified water or distilled with fresh leaf matter/pop corn bud blended/pulverized, put in snack bags (flat) and frozen. Have 2 cancer (bone & ovarian) clients that prefer the "juicing" from frozen green vs. smoking. They cut 1/4- 1/3 of a baggie contents, blend in a protein shake and drink for pain relief and sleep. All the healthful endocannabinoids, not the high.

Seems our clientele is aging....these 2 are in their 70's, but have 9 regulars that are 85-90 y.o., using our tinctures and balm. Who woulda thought?! ;o)

TheMan13

Veteran
My patients didn't buy enough to keep it running, or it would start degrading by the time they did buy it.

I do not understand what you mean by "degrading"? Tobacco is cured for years prior to being deemed smokable. 6 months to a year cure is the sweet spot for me personally with cannabis. Then again, I'm only able to flower once a year in a small tent with one light due to health and financial issues. Does that make me a criminal rather than a patient if some judge is willing to sign a criminal search warrant for my home?

JDHjH.png

Tyranny: Cruel and unfair treatment by people with power over others. (Merriam-Webster)

Last edited:
Caregivers will eventually be cut out entirely.

The Aforementioned Armored Car Companies will be sidelines of the (Corrupt as fuck) Liquor Wholesalers. The ones who spent millions against cannabis before, this whole thing is classic. Classic Crap. A power grab. People have been sitting around tables trying to create a shitstem designed for them and their ilk ONLY.

Wanted to stay, but the Prison for Profit system, and the power of LEO in this state have me leaning toward something I do not want to do. I've moved enough... But, personal freedom is Tenuous, and can be taken within minutes.

I do not want to give up this lifestyle. It has been wonderful, going on 12 years. 2 different states, basically the same life. As some owner of a Hydroponics Co. says It's One Awesome f'in Life...!

TheMan13

Veteran
The one bill talks about allowing marijuana infused products meaning edibles but will straight oil also be allowed?

Yes. HB4210 is not related to this legislative provisioning scheme that has been floating around Lansing for years now. It was simply held hostage for political leverage as the lobbyists had their way with the other bills.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2015-2016/billengrossed/house/pdf/2015-HEBH-4210.PDF

HB4210 essentially amends MMMA to clarify the language of usable marijuana to explicitly include extracts/medibles. The bill was written in response to our Court of Appeals 2013 People v Carruthers decision that sought to wrongfully criminalize extracts/medibles through the parsing of words (equivocation).

morgandecaptain

Just trying to find anything positive in these bills. It has been criminal on Lansing's part to not allow concentrates and edibles to be used by sick and dying people and force them to smoke to be legal, soulless parasites.