What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats Growing ND?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
4 in 2

4 in 2

I found two more 45 gallon grow bags today. So I decided to fill them up and I placed seeds in each to be germinated.
In bag #1 is Ace seed mix feminized and an Angola x Kali China. In bag #2 is China Yunnan and Purple PCK x Panama Goddess.
The two new bags are the ones closest to the end wall.(gray bags).
They will be a week or two behind the other plants. That will work out fine in the end. Being behind in growth will help limit shading of other plants as they grow. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
UPDATE

UPDATE

Hello everybody, Well the girls are on their 3rd day in their new home. So far they seem to love it. The Destroyer be it very young has had an explosion of growth. The Lilly x MaPettit has doubled in size in two days. The Golden Tiger is also doing well. But great genetics are nothing new to Ace and their vendors. I'm only surprised if a seed doesn't perform extremely well.
Destroyer throwing new leaves in a hurry.
This is the Golden Tiger enjoying her new 45 gallon grow bag. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
More girls

More girls

Zipolite Oaxacan
Lilly x MaPettit already putting out some pretty impressive aroma.
This is the Oriental Express x NepalJam. This one should be one stellar lady.:tiphat: Thanks for stopping by. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
update time

update time

The girls are growing, getting bigger and stronger everyday. The Oaxacan. The Queen Mother. The Orient Express x NepJam. Just a picture of the middle row of girls. Front to back is ( Golden Tiger, Guawi, Acapulco Gold, Oaxacan) by back wall. So far all the girls seem happy. I hope you all are to. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hello again, I will post up some more current pictures soon. I have been very busy with work. The girls are doing well. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Well hell. I'm still at work and busy as hell. I will get an update posted this weekend. The plants are looking very good. I have been chasing a Ph problem a little bit. Even rain water in a barrel goes acidic. Going from the mid 6's to the mid 5's. Peace

Nannymouse

420giveaway
farmerlion, which strains did the best for you, over the years?

Am very surprised that you have gone for the more sativa plants, generally.

Back in the day, that is about all we saw (sativas). It's been long time for them to come back around. I swear that someone local-ish was growing durban poison, back in the late sixties, cuz it was so licorice-sen-sen taste.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Nannymouse, the Auto Malawi's and Zamaldelica are on another level. For CBD and old school connoisseur strand the semi auto flowering genetics of Lebanese and Highland Nepalese can't be touched. They out produce everything else. This is in a greenhouse mind you. Outside I'm testing some landrace Moroccan genetics. They did fine until the 70+ mph winds the last week or so ago. Two plants destroyed and one toppled. I gave the toppled plant a few stakes until she got her footing again.

Nannymouse I have notes going back a decade or so. I have tested about 80 strains outside or in the greenhouse. Everything in North Dakota depends upon onset date of flowering more than being 9 or 10 week flowering strain. Of course growing indoors as long as you have head room any strain is possible. With proper lighting and ventilation.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

420giveaway
It's just two of us in a very large house, and i actually have a 'tropicals' room that we don't cool in the summer. Am growing a couple of vining tomatoes, onions, lemon grass(first time for that, it's doing well) and have actually had the giant aloe vera plant go into flower. It would be perfect, if we ever EVER get legal.

farmerlion, i completely understand about the wind. We are NOT in a sheltered place. Actually, up in the wind. But i can see for MILES. We watch the deer and coyotes. And gopher plinkin is rampant, here, harrr.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I feed all the critters on one side of the house. To keep them away from the other side. ??

Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

420giveaway
i see that you grew Ganesh back a few years ago, how'd you like it?

In a few months (if all goes as planned) i'll have the chance to test a Ganesh x'd with a NewCohiba, which is a southamerica/centralamerica sativa.

I've sampled some Mandala ware crosses and have liked them all. Hardly met a Cannabis plant that i didn't like, tho.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Nannymouse,
I haven't grown the Ganesh in my greenhouse yet. Mike and Jasmine have some amazing strains. The Ganesh is one of my daughters favorite strains. It's a very stable strain without a weakness in my opinion.
I have a pack or two of seeds from about a decade ago. The Kali chakra is a superb strain as well. Honestly I have never grown a Mandala strain I wasn't very excited about.
Have a beautiful day!
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Good to hear that about Ganesh, cuz i was more curious about the Cohiba side of the cross, as it is pretty rare (unless it was re-named and i'm not recognizing it). The fella who grew out the Cohiba remarked that it took seed very well, would almost make a good grain strain, so i asked if it did that because of herming, and he said no. So it should be a good producer of sensi.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Search Cohiba in the thread search. There's only one thread that comes up. Some very interesting reading and I recognized some names you mentioned. Esteemed colleagues
Peace

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Those old trading days were fun. Lost touch with quite a few of them. I do know that many of those traders turned into seed vendors, afterward. Lol, missed that boat.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
That boat just might circle around again. I can share more later.
Peace