What's new

Oedipus's 2016 grow First Time grow

Oedipus

i'll be following one of the recipes mentioned in the organics for beginners thread. With a few amendements from a friend.
-Peat Moss/Vermiculite as the base
-Bone Meal/Blood Meal
-Crushed Oyester Shells
-Kelp Meal
-Bat Guano
-Perlite( I will possibly subsitute with Oil-Dri as its much cheaper)
-Strawberry compost
-What Opinion do those practicing truly living organics have towards one using fox farm in an organic mix.. Not organic right?

I bought a few small clones last week from the dispencery but they're at a friends house until i pick them up.. whcih needs to be soon so i can get them out of 4 inch pots of mirical grow.

I want to use 100 gallon smart pots for 1-3 plants but would have TROUBLE getting that much dirt. If i cant get that much dirt for the 100 gallons , then i'll negotiate with 15-20 gallon containers because it would be nice to note what the 75 gallon difference is-if any.

I brought home some big girls today from a grower i knew for like an hour- strain name was Grandaddy Purple .. Not a purple smoker myself but i wasnt going to complain buying 2 plants for 40 dollars, when dispencery clones are $10-12-14-$16 .

my grandpa who use to be in the military gave me permisson to cultivate which is awesome because he use to be really strict and against weed-but since its legal i can grow. Going to push the limit and try growing 8-12 plants.. So far i've only got 5

I've got a large open yard(no fence) and am worried about Tweaker Teenagers stealing from me like a certain few have done in the past. They pepper sprayed me and threatened me with a gun(brought it to my house at 2:AM without bulleets) - They are people i cant trust to go sleep because they'd be up during random hours.
Suggestions to distract attention from operations are prehaps a fence climbing with morning glories/ grapes/other vines or tons of columnar cactus/cholla cacti(that would take time to grow, but is on my list). In the meantime ,i would like to plant them at the bottom of a slope behind my garage and look foward to building a fence or greenhouse. I chose behind the garage because it's the least noticeable location

They just came from a house that had them under 24 hour lighting but i'll be putting them outdoors-still in thier garbage bag containers because i dont have enough soi for 100 gallon pots yet

Oedipus

picture.php

Oedipus

I'm new to the mountain eviorment-Originally I transplanted 2 years ago from the city. Came up North for OG's retirement.
I allowed kids a few years younger than myself MINORS WITH FAKE I.D's into my house , kids i met walking down the street. They would smoke me out with thier trees , smoke meth, ask to borrow items(ipod,vape pen,cell phone, ect.) and after they asked to borrow them , went missing. They know i grow cactus, not canabis.
Thankfully they dont understand the value of cacti or else those would be stolen too.

Later today I'll upload picutres of my grow location and begin carving a sharp edged grow log.
Before bringing the plants in the backyard last night i dropped my pootycat on top of the biggest plant- dumb mistake- i caught two cats in a fight and with adrennaline i ran mine inside and dropped him the first spot i could.. anywhere but my plant :(

The stem lost two small branches by peeling downard so i plan cloning those two. LEAVING THE REST ALONE Got them in soil under fluro lights. The plant had a little lean to it before propping it with wooden stakes.
Perehaps i'll give the Vertically planting method a try since i've cutting at 45 degree angles promote roots and offshoots.

When my grandpa saw the plants he seemed a little uneasy with the location because its so clone to the house. The person i've got the clones from was drunk but said he was over his limit and wanted to sell me 5-6 more clones that size. Ive still got to tell my grandma about them.

When i told my grandpa he said it was okay for me to grow he said "i dont remember saying that but okay, you're growing them now".

I'll porbually just buy fox farm for one of them. More updates later.. Just waking up and in need of breakfast lol

Oedipus

I've got the smart pot partially filled with fox farm"ocean forest" "happy frog"/peat/perlite/Im going to pick up this stuff called strawberry soil next week and fill the remainder of the pot. Im hoping its not to much of a problem-anything is better than those plactic bags.

New leaves are showing themselves.

Now the weather the past 3 days has been raining - should i plan on bulding a tarp for them -preparing for october?
picture.php
[/IMG]

Oedipus

The smart pot has finally been filled with non sifted soil from a recology stating it was used for growing strawberries. I decided to be cheapskape and go with the 10 dollars a cubic yard over the 20 dollar a yard for the sifted-soil. Material was kept in the soil- these matierials range from small rocks,andstrawberry roots(maybe i;ll get some unexpected strawberries , or some kind of living mulch) I still need to do research on living mulch- my plan was to dump scotts sierra douglas fir mix of "dyed woodchips" and mulch the plants with what i've already got bags and bags of :)

There was a plant that i dropped my cat on unintentionally - i dont go around dropping cats just because they'll always land on thier feet- thats a myth- no, i did not find that out on my own.. gee dad - you really tought me a lesson breaking those cats legs thrwoing her down teh stairs. True story ,my dad broke my cats legs and they had to euthinize her when i was to young to remember anything , i just never heard the end of 'dont throw the cat". This time i dropped him.

Anyhoe, the plant who got into a cat fight has some pretty bruises , she seems to be stretching with nice looking branches"i assume those will become colas" while the other plant is still growing , she doesnt have the "stretch" going on. Some people reccomend cropping the lower branches so nothing is "scraggly" and bend middle branches to promote more cola growth. While others reccomend for outdoor growers to just leave the plant alone and let her handle her business with some assistance. Basically let Maryjane be the manger/boss and she'll let you know what defiencies she has.

Im thinking its about time to start putting up chicken wire around the plants- i need to start planning what to do for the sour Diesel clone i picked up from my friends house.
If california hopefully gets some rain this ocotober its unfortunately going to leave me with one-of-two options. Harvest early,but as late as possible. or -build some sort portector from teh rain. I've got time for descison making.

picture.php

Oedipus

I'll have to look into the underwater weighing test guy. Sounds crazy lol

The water runs all down one side after dumping 5 gallons on them. Maybe i'll water slowly oppose to dumping them with water.