What's new

clearing tubes

wanted to get some perspectives on different ways of clearing tubes other than with air anyone using a ram set up? let me know the 36" column is alot harder for me to unload id like to get greater packing density if it were easier to unload please chime in

pusbag

Don't pack so tight

Don't pack so tight

I aim for about 900 grams to 4 x36 spool. Tight packed tubes equal less yeilds and harder to clean out. My 2 cents.

CannabisTHC

I wanted to use air as well but that isn't really an option so I opted to go to the store and buy hot dog sticks or marshmallow roasters. Where I went they only had the dual roasters sticks so I bent it back and forth until it broke off then I shaved down the tip to not scratch the inside of my tube.

I use the same 2 inch x 4 ft long wooden dowel to both pack and clear the tube it cant scratch anything and you can smack it with a big hammer to drive the spent materail out hopr it helps

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Before air, we used an electricians 4' self feeding augur bit in a battery operated drill. We knocked the cutting edges off with a grinder.

would like to clamp columns down and use a ram to push the material out hydraulic maybe hand pump not really sure , if anyone has a set up like this please share thanks for all the info

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
would like to clamp columns down and use a ram to push the material out hydraulic maybe hand pump not really sure , if anyone has a set up like this please share thanks for all the info

We considered a pneumatic ram, but passed on it due to column/stroke length.

A6 Grower

Veteran
If i clear my column out when they are hot off the machine and the heat mats have gotten the column HOT, i can push the whole 800g out of a 4x24 with the dowel i pack with. Heres a video to show how easy it slides out. This can only be done when the column is hot.
https://vid.me/KKfj