What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Taima-da

I make butter for my edibles. The THC-a decarbs while making the butter. I suppose a 3-4 day cure at 140*F would also do the conversion. No idea why the buzz from chewing a cob would be different from a cookie?

Whole plant vs extract.

Seems like something is always lost in the extraction process.
I've never had an edible with as good a sparkle as chewing cob.

Besides, I know it's controversial, but even after a year cob is minimally decarbed, going by analysis further back in the thread.

You'll just have to do it, to quantify the difference.

Last edited:

Taima-da

I see early in the thread put bud in a plastic bag and not vacuseal it. How long you guys usually leave it unsealed in plastic before vacuum bagging?
Not too long.
Get a good sweat up and leave it a few days till the smell tells you it's on the way.

Best check regularly if doing it this way to head off any potential mould development.

I remember on the real seed site there was some information on Manipuri cobbing (not there anymore 🙁) which mentioned wrapping tight for a day. In any case half a day at temp induces sweat reliably in general

RottyRzr

I make butter for my edibles. The THC-a decarbs while making the butter. I suppose a 3-4 day cure at 140*F would also do the conversion. No idea why the buzz from chewing a cob would be different from a cookie?
I'm glad this cob making works for some folks but I haven't felt a thing from my KA5H cob. It's 6 months old now and doesnt get us high at all. The KA5H is awesome when vaped though. Maybe I should put a tobacco size plug in my mouth and give that a go.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Taima-da

I'm glad this cob making works for some folks but I haven't felt a thing from my KA5H cob. It's 6 months old now and doesnt get us high at all. The KA5H is awesome when vaped though. Maybe I should put a tobacco size plug in my mouth and give that a go.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Does the cob work vaped?
The chewing thing is really a different feeling from smoking, easily missed at first, but it does work well (though less so if you're inhaling, especially for some people it seems)

Don't give up on it!

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
Pics lets see pics of the cob brother.
If your still smoking a lot or vaping a lot your tolerance is probably to blame.
But your not the first to find this its all in your mind after all.

The big problem for smokers is they are used to it hitting fast and hard.
The effects from chewing are more subtle smoking tolerance can mask them easily.
If you chew say 1gram it tends to hit hard and be very overpowering its like sipping a fine whisky opposed to taking a big slug from the bottle ha ha.
While taking high doses will def work it overpowers all the fine sweeter effects from lower doses.
You may have to start with a high dose and work backwards

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
@Tangwena hi bru , looking good ! Just curious why you don’t use the corn cob leaves ?
Oh thats because I'm a lazy sob and haven't been inclined to go to the shops ha ha.
If I had them I would def use them brother or banana tree bark but I'm sitting on my varanda looking at the ocean and I dont want to go to the shops.
Its full of strange looking beings nothing like me in appearance or attitude ha ha.

Since I came back from my fishing trip where I was in paradise with very few people around and those that were around were mostly out of it on booze or pot or both.
I haven't felt like leaving the house I have everything I need right here.
I'm testing some cobs I made in January and loving every minute of it.
BUT when I'm growing the plants I know are good from previous grows its Maize husks all the way I prefer that method.
Its just my personal taste though.

The place I go fishing is a "free for all" type place I love it.
I will tell you a story.
I was fishing for squid one night perfect balmy weather a very light warm breeze blowing.
These guys launched there boat and were driving slowly out of the dredged deep water channel.
When suddenly a deep bass boomed out from the boat real heavy metal music.

This was instantly changed to the track Dancing Queen by Abba ha ha.
All the people on the jetty burst out laughing so they turned the music up full volume and we were treated to the song in its entirety as they motored off into the night ha ha.
The best part was them singing along with the chorus ha ha.
They were taking the piss of course but its that kind of place anything goes ha ha.

ost

Tangwena

Veteran
Does the cob work vaped?
The chewing thing is really a different feeling from smoking, easily missed at first, but it does work well (though less so if you're inhaling, especially for some people it seems)

Don't give up on it!
Def I agree after smoking hard every day for 35 years its so worth it.
The effects are like a new drug forget smoking its a filthy unhealthy habit vaping also.
The stomach is designed to handle it better than the lungs.
I dont mean to preach its only my opinion after all and not worth much take it or leave it.
I now look at pot smoking in the same way as I look at alcohol addiction messy, stinky and disgusting.

Tangwena

Veteran
One of the key benefits as I see it of growing small personal grows cobbed and chewed is you dont need huge amounts of bud to get cobs of half an ounce or less that when cured will give you months of highs from very small grows.
Below are some tester cobs I made today from some Mulanje Gold that threw out many phenos some of which turned purple under my LEDs

img_2800-web.jpg
img_2806-web.jpg
img_2802-web.jpg
img_2801-web.jpg
img_2809-web.jpg
img_2803-web.jpg
img_2808-web.jpg

Rastafarout

Premium user
420giveaway
Oh thats because I'm a lazy sob and haven't been inclined to go to the shops ha ha.
If I had them I would def use them brother or banana tree bark but I'm sitting on my varanda looking at the ocean and I dont want to go to the shops.
Its full of strange looking beings nothing like me in appearance or attitude ha ha.

Since I came back from my fishing trip where I was in paradise with very few people around and those that were around were mostly out of it on booze or pot or both.
I haven't felt like leaving the house I have everything I need right here.
I'm testing some cobs I made in January and loving every minute of it.
BUT when I'm growing the plants I know are good from previous grows its Maize husks all the way I prefer that method.
Its just my personal taste though.

The place I go fishing is a "free for all" type place I love it.
I will tell you a story.
I was fishing for squid one night perfect balmy weather a very light warm breeze blowing.
These guys launched there boat and were driving slowly out of the dredged deep water channel.
When suddenly a deep bass boomed out from the boat real heavy metal music.

This was instantly changed to the track Dancing Queen by Abba ha ha.
All the people on the jetty burst out laughing so they turned the music up full volume and we were treated to the song in its entirety as they motored off into the night ha ha.
The best part was them singing along with the chorus ha ha.
They were taking the piss of course but it’s that kind of place anything goes ha ha.
Ah I get you was just wondering as always saw them in the miele leaf wrap .. also wanted to ask you tried the traditional water soak then drinking it 🧨🚀

Those chokka you catch on the jetty reminds me of the times catching them on dolly’s in j-bay , good times

0x942

Hey there, here we go again !

5 good sized COBs out of this outdoor Golden Tiger Harvest, aging stage right now !
I've done it on the drier side, powerful smells :alien:

Keep up the COB job !

Attachments

• GT-harvest-COB-1.png
    GT-harvest-COB-1.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 48
  • GT-harvest-COB-2.png
    GT-harvest-COB-2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • GT-harvest-COB-3.png
    GT-harvest-COB-3.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 49

ost

go ahead and treat it like the old home rough twist tbaccer, sooner or later u will get enough in your system to lift off!:)