What's new

Eating "raw" clear? Is 1g = 1000mg?

solventfree

Just wondering what would be a good amount to start with, I've heard you can eat it straight up (in tea or on something). Would 1g be a lot to eat for a edible? It would be 1g of clear concentrate, they usually test 80-90% thc

snake11

If it only tests at 80% thc then it would be 800mg of thc per gram. Still would rock your world and most likely push newbies over the edge. Start with something way smaller. If your a newbie 1mg-25mg. If you've been smoking for a while maybe start with 100mg. You can always add more but you can't go back!! Eating is different in the fact that your liver metabolizes thc to 11-hydroxy-thc which is much more psychoactive.

pusbag

Remember unless thc has been decarboxylated it will not be as psychoactive. Most extracts have not been decarboxylated. If taking as a oral medication it should be decarboxylated. My 2 cents.

solventfree

forgot to say I'm a heavy dabber and have a high tolerance, Il start with a half g and see what happens. Thanks guys il let ya know

Dab Strudel

haha ok start with a half g and tell us how you felt like your trippin on something else. I am a heavy dabber and 100 mg will have me good, 200 will have me high all day wondering what was reallllly in my space brownie... not to say i havent eaten a decadose from Cheeba Chew (1000 mg) but it was a long, smokeless, half intolerable day. Its more annoying than anything really when you are trying to think of your dogs name and come up blank (figuratively). But tell us how your day goes. Naps are tricky too IMO, stay up for a few hours of the day and think a nap a 2 is chill.... until you wake up at 3 am wondering what happened to the rest of the day.

blastfrompast

Veteran
It all depends on your tollerance. My cookies have ~300mg in each one.

1/2 a cookie puts most people on their asses, especially those weekend tokers.

I eat 7-8 per day cookies to manage my pain....so 2100+mg/day.

Gry

Veteran
Have to say this sounds like a real bad idea to me. You will only do this once, it is not fun at all. I would like to discourage you from even attempting it. It is not at all fun to OD on any extract. So much so that it was once used as a punishment by a people.
You are about find how effective someones idea of punishment was. I hope you reconsider that dosage.

DemonTrich

Veteran
please don't be a statistic or a hero, eat in moderation. we don't need to hear you dialed 911 cause your freaking out on edibles like that cop did, or jumped off a building thinking you can fly. it makes a worse name for mj that it already has.

woolybear

Veteran
i don't like getting dabbed out. losing a bunch of hours isn't productive

so i would advise against this plan and instead perhaps tr abstaining from THC to lower your threshold.... its advice i keep meaning to take, but then again I'm not looking into eating clear bombs!

blastfrompast

Veteran
Let me tell you about my buddy who greened himself out on my Canna-butter, dose was 3 tablespoons.... He was full on halucinating...swore off eating raw cannabutter for life, and won't eat more than 1/2 a cookie of mine now.

He said it was scary as shit. Massive paranoia also when it started to ramp up....He thought he was going to have a heart attack during the time he could still "think"...after an hour or so after the halucinations started he fully Passed out...woke up 14+hours later

Worst part the nightmares/halucinations were of some pretty NASTY shit that he was obsessing over at the time......

He took a THC break for 3 days after that....First one in Yrs for him.

TheArchitect

Veteran
One hung over morning, I thought it'd be good to eat 500-600mg, needless to say i lost my equilibrium and had to lay down or hold a wall to prevent myself from toppling over, I also lost time awareness and a min felt like hours.

Dose carefully.

Dready_jake

I do dabs and eat a legit +1000mg/THC edible when I want to eat them( not often as 1000mg is expensive in food form) I don't think DECA dose cheebas is 1000mg as I was a budtender and sold them. The only way j could get that dose was 3 peanut butter chocolate bars that ran 350mg thc. And it was always mellow for me I never freaknout or get paranoid. But that's my body not yours lol. I always discourage people from trying to keep up with me as its typically not necessary or possible.

And for the 1 gram =1000mg. Yes that's a simple measurement conversion. Any gram of anything weighs exactly 1000mg lol. But that's where the percentages come in as snake11 nailed on the head. 15% THC weed means in one gram you could get 150 mg max. But Much is lost to the conversion by flame so its typically less when smoked. Concentrates are between 70-80% (typically on average) so in a gram of shatter your have about 700-800 mg of thc out of 1000 mg. what is left?
Well typically plant waxes which get extracted with the THC as well as what should be the majority of what's left,... The terpines. Responsible for influencing the high rather drastically. Science says terpenes make up 10% of the effect. Meaning no flavor no effect. Buy j feel it is a higher percentage than that.

Dab Strudel

I do dabs and eat a legit +1000mg/THC edible when I want to eat them( not often as 1000mg is expensive in food form) I don't think DECA dose cheebas is 1000mg as I was a budtender and sold them. The only way j could get that dose was 3 peanut butter chocolate bars that ran 350mg thc. And it was always mellow for me I never freaknout or get paranoid. But that's my body not yours lol. I always discourage people from trying to keep up with me as its typically not necessary or possible.

And for the 1 gram =1000mg. Yes that's a simple measurement conversion. Any gram of anything weighs exactly 1000mg lol. But that's where the percentages come in as snake11 nailed on the head. 15% THC weed means in one gram you could get 150 mg max. But Much is lost to the conversion by flame so its typically less when smoked. Concentrates are between 70-80% (typically on average) so in a gram of shatter your have about 700-800 mg of thc out of 1000 mg. what is left?
Well typically plant waxes which get extracted with the THC as well as what should be the majority of what's left,... The terpines. Responsible for influencing the high rather drastically. Science says terpenes make up 10% of the effect. Meaning no flavor no effect. Buy j feel it is a higher percentage than that.

I didnt unwrap it nor have I eaten another since, it was a big ole wad of chocolate that looked like a 1/6 of a brick and knew my homie just got back from the Cannacup where he had a whole bag of edibles with tons of cheebachew deca dose wrappers. Anywho, I spoke with Cheeba Cali dude, J is it, and he told me something along the lines of "the doses had to come down because people were eating whole ones and freaking out." maybe he just said theyre not available at that dispensary for that reason, who knows. Deca doses are (atleast now) 175mg and on my count thats over enough for me in a day.

Dready_jake

Ya 175mg was the dose I thought it was. I didn't put any numbers cuz I didn't remember exactly.

On a side note. Enjoy your low tolerances. If I want to eat edibles its 1000mg which is typically at least $30 even when I was an employee. In don't eat edibles anymore cuz they are expensive for me

MrManDead

Ok. I have made a good little eddible capsule using clear. It is great stuff. I do fully activate it much like i would non decarbbed oil when i add qvfat source to it. I will place 3 gs of the clear in a pyrex jar with 1/2 teaspoon soy pecithen and 30 ml liquid ( not melted) coconut oil and bake for 2 hours at 220, freezing for 24 hours after 1 hour before finishing the baking. This makes 20 to 80 potent ass doses depending on tolerance. Eating a whole gram is a huge waste in my oppinion.