What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11 f3 and discussion

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
picture.php

picture.php

Sorry I have been sparse lately, had some pain issues, but I think I'm rounding the corner with those. These pics are from a clone of one of the mothers I had shown before, this time completely seeded with male Apollo 11 F3 pollen :)

Cheerful: Thanks for the heads up and compliments!

Hydrofome420:please do post when you get a chance. The more pics and info the better!

Iron_Lion: Killer looking apollo's! It does seem to be a pretty stable strain, there are really only two phenotype's that pop up and selection is actually pretty easy on these. I'm sure you'll find some jems in your F3's. Please be sure to let me know when they start getting interesting. I can see where you are coming from with the high once, it really is a different high, definitely not crippling. I think that's why I like it so much. It's get work done cannabis :)

i.love.scotch: There's a few things I look for in males with the Apollo's:
Structure-the phenotype I like has a very branchy structure that is easy to pick up with the males also.

Trichome production: Although males don't produce nearly as much in the way of trichomes as a female does, they do produce them. I always select the males with the best trichome production and...

Smell: I look for males with trichomes that produce the smell I want from my females.

Flowering time: In this case I am looking for males that are quick to flower, but don't autoflower. There is natural variation in flowering times. I had a male this go around that just started to produce pollen at week 6 12/12! He was not kept :)

Feeling: This is the most subjective of my selection criteria but I feel it is important. Anyone who has ever grown knows that some plants just "speak" to you more than others. No doubt it has to do with general vigor etc. but some plants just feel better.

one QThanks for stopping by, glad you're enjoying yourself!

CARE giver:Glad you're enjoying :)

habeebI can look on some old flash drives but probably not. They would have been up on CannabisWorld back in the day, but how I wish I still had those pictures. Unfortunately we are many years and many many computer crashes away from those days.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
No, I never sent out any A11 F3's. I'm just making a crap-load of F4's right now :)

Currently I'm germination testing the SWT cross and those will be sent in as freebies before the new year. Glad your interested in them :)

Z

zen_trikester

Well I was just getting my guy reorientated before I go out of town in a couple days and realized that I have a bunch of Apollo's going now at different stages so I thought I would do a group shot for the thread. I'm micro so don't plan on being too impressed, but a couple of pics are attached to see different stages of my JW A11 F2 keeper.

In the group shot, the one on the far left is the ripest and had to go down before I hit the road so she is down at 7 weeks... I far prefer 8-9. These are all my keeper pheno (a11-3) except the end one (A11-5) which is having her last hurrah. That one sat in a 12 oz dixie cup for 51 days while I smoke tested her baby to be sure she was the one to go, and was cut back many times because my "veg" area is only about 10" high to the lights. that is why she is a bush. the budshot is the plant on the far left that I just chopped... some amber in there but mostly on just the sugar leaves and only 5% or so there. ah well, the next couple will be perfect when I get home!!

Jed

Attachments

• apollo11-group-shot.jpg
    apollo11-group-shot.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 24
  • a113-7weeks.jpg
    a113-7weeks.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 19
Z

zen_trikester

No, I never sent out any A11 F3's. I'm just making a crap-load of F4's right now :)

Currently I'm germination testing the SWT cross and those will be sent in as freebies before the new year. Glad your interested in them :)

Darwin I just may have to buy some seeds I don't need to grab a pack of these. that really does sound like a dyno cross.

Z

zen_trikester

Zen nice micro and your bags are awesome.
Thanks! Gotta say the coffee bags work pretty well. The -0- day shot is in a "mini treepot" and I am just this week starting the process of switching over to them in hopes of a little more order to my 14x19 flower cab. That particular pot (MT38) has a matching tray that holds 20 pots.

Jed

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
whos the lucky sob who still has the bros. grim apollo 11(lemon pheno) been looking for her for some years now.

aqualungs

IBjamming, 90 days on the A11 would have contributed to the high that you did not like by the sounds of it. I would not let her go past 8 weeks ,56 days imo. I grew C99XA11 and harvested at 56 days. The smoke would make your head soar to the sky but you could still function on it. My girl got anxiety from it and could not smoke it at all. I am a big fan of both of these strains and glad to see you fellas putting in work. This was the first strain to put out pink pistils for me.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Sorry all, everything is well. I was very busy with work and had some exciting news about a little Darwin on the way so I haven't had much time to post and surf icmag and Mrs. Darwin has been keeping me busy. Everything is going along nicely. I got plenty of f4's that are going now along with some f3 crosses I wanted to test out (oh yeah blubonic and Mr. Greengenes cherry bomb to round out the garden ;) ) Just kind of taking my time and enjoying life right now. About to switch to 12/12 in a few weeks so I'll post pics and updates when I do.

Darwin

Cannanaut
ICMag Donor
Ok, so here's the deal... My whole purpose for this project was to conserve the strain. I'm not interested in becoming a "breeder" or have pipe dreams of the cash. This project is about conservation of a strain that I dearly love and I think is important to the community. No one man can preserve a strain. So keeping that in mind I propose the follow:

A Pay It Forward program.
Although seed production was lower than I had hoped, I would like to get Apollo 11 out int the community. I have 7 packs of 10 seeds of Apollo 11 f4's that I am willing to part with for the bargain basement price of... FREE! As I said I could care less about money and reputation as a "breeder". Spreading these genetics around will allow for a greater amount of selection in different growing conditions that will strengthen the line as a whole. This should be a community project, not my project. Apollo 11 is an entity of its own, I'm just a caregiver.

Here's what I would like to do. I would like to put these 7 packs up to the ICMAG server fund. Those who bid on them and receive them give their solemn oath ;) that if they like the end result, they will make their own selections and contribute back at least 3 packs of 10 seeds to the ICmag community in the form of donations of the see packs to the server fund. The way I see it, this is adventageous to everyone involved. No money goes directly to anyone except the community in the form of funding for the server fund. These genetics are open source, everyone can participate. I'm not Mr. Soul and it would be incredibly shitty of me to even attempt to make money off someone else's work. This would be the first of its kind as far as I know. The community would OWN Apollo 11 as it should.

Of course there are no legally binding agreements here. Those who acquired the seeds would be subject only to their own conscience to keep this going but I believe in this community.

If you are interested in this, please post to let me know. If there's no interest I'll just retreat back to my little corner of this great earth and do what I do :) Everything's good. I just want to help out this community that I've grown to love and feel like I've done a little part to help everyone out.

As a side note, I have no idea how to send seeds in or where to send them for the server fund. They are literally ready to go right now but I haven't got a clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your responses.

-BG-

Hey Darwin :wave: very interesting project! Excellent work :yes:

I've been playing with the A11 too.

This Apollo 11 was very low yielding plant but high was excellent with nice lemony taste...

I crossed her with Skunk#1 male, resulting better yield and more sturdy stems. High is more "skunky"

Keep up the good work!

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
would love to get my hands on that strain............

been lookin for her for over five years now:tumbleweed:,i had her back in 2004 buddie lost the strain just grew her out and wasted her.he got the beans from some guy he talked to on overgrow.that was up in arcata,ca:bongsmi: