What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 250w cbd search

Peaceofmind

As the title implies, I'm on the search for my own preferable strain for personal use only so no one else to impress. I am wanting to try the high cbd types for a few reasons. One being the possible health benefits. Second being the fact that I'm a very casual toker. Toke here toke there. I dont get ripped now days unless i feel the occasion suits. Third being.. well i forgot the third. I'll remember later. I'll bore you no more with my jibba jabba and show you my little setup with 1 day old Cbd versions of 'blueberry' apparently. I'll try and update once or fortnight ish.. just realised pics will be in next post cus I've got to figure out how first 🙃

Peaceofmind

Okay so now that I've got that.. If you noticed the dead young plants laying next to each seedling, thay were my previous attemp which failed due to high ph tap water which i was not aware of and assumed it would be a low ph prob and dowsed with dolamite lime which made for a full nutrient lockout. I had to start again with a new soil mix so i made a cheap batch and here we are on attempt no.2

Attachments

• 20180222_193145.jpg
    20180222_193145.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180222_193336.jpg
    20180222_193336.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180222_193300.jpg
    20180222_193300.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180222_193115.jpg
    20180222_193115.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 12

Peaceofmind

By the way I thought i should roughly introduce myself. This is my first proper thread on any cana site but i have been in the background for about 10 years reading forums and growing my own.

I grew autos for a long time because thier flexibility suited me at the time but now im after something quality that you cant get and keep with an auto due to the no cloning bit.

I've done some interesting grows and experiments over the years but have never grown hydroponically. Reasons why that I like low maintenance with room for error and ive just never felt the need to push my plants. Ive grown plenty with led, greenhouse and bush though.

My plan for this grow is to find a mother so i get consistency from a keeper. Over time I'll probably try a new strain here and there to find better.

The other thing i might possibly do is flower under metal halide, then try hps next round and compare quality as thats what I'm looking for.

Peaceofmind

On another note, when I said i chose a cbd strain for health benefits, one of those is as a sleeping aid. I've had terrible stress and alcohol related anxiety and insomnia over the years and weed is useful for me in combination with as little amount of antihistamine as i can take to get my 8 hours so i can work and function each day. My job requires a constant, large amount of focus and its nearly impossible without full sleep.

Im also wanting to run some og kush x critical mass seeds after i sort out a cbd keeper. Might get a second mother to bonsai and keep. I'll see what happens.

rolandomota

Try some Lebanese and erdpurt from ace seeds maybe even order the cross of erdpurt x Lebanese for high cbd strains they are awesome especially when dealing with luis directly at the ace seeds website aceseeds.org

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/libanostd.html

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/erdpurtstd.html

(Start rant) Call me an ace fanboy i dont mind these guys are awesome they delivered my purple haze x Malawi back in 2014 when a bullshit seed company robbed me silly earlier that year for some purple haze fem and Colombian gold they started a new website and stopped vending at the old one and they went bust within a year probably because of stealing money well whatever happened im glad it did good riddance hot house flowers (end rant)