What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Robot's room upgrade

RockinRobot

Nice perpetual setup man. Nice yield too for 600's.

What height are your lights at? Looks like you could lower them a bit for more dense buds, especially if they're air-cooled. I'd say no more than 12" from the tops.

Either way keep rockin'

Ceiling height is just under 8' but with the rope light hangars the Max height for the lights is about 7'.

They are usually about 18" from the canopy. Any closer and I don't get coverage on the outside. Cheap hoods by best I could afford. Planning to slowly switch out to 630w CMH as I can afford to replace.

Buds are tight and hard , especially for a heavy sativa leaning plant.

Only issue I have with the room now is humidity. With 2 lights it's perfect but when all 3 are running I'm having a hard time keeping humidity above 40%. Never thought I would need a humidifier in Florida.

Ah, I see you need the extra coverage.

I've seen and heard good things about the 630 CMH. Seems like a good choice for your space.

40% is a bit low. Are you're lights ducted in a closed loop? Or are you pulling air from inside the room and venting it out?

RockinRobot

Ah, I see you need the extra coverage.

I've seen and heard good things about the 630 CMH. Seems like a good choice for your space.

40% is a bit low. Are you're lights ducted in a closed loop? Or are you pulling air from inside the room and venting it out?

The lights are currently ducted but not outside just recirculating though the carbon filter, so all the heat is being removed by the AC.. Room is sealed running CO2. Hence the low humidity. If I wasn't running CO2 I would be fine. I'm currently in the process of removing the glass from the reflectors as each bay empties. Should give better light without the glass. Just a pain to remove them with a crop underneath. I already removed it from the Bay I just harvested so that bay already has better light.

I've never heard of CO2 reducing RH before. Sealed rooms typically have higher RH levels since there's no air exchange. I think pulling your room air through the hoods may be drying out the air.

If your AC can handle it, open hoods is the way to go.

I don't see any wall fans in your pics. Maybe on the opposite wall?

RockinRobot

I've never heard of CO2 reducing RH before. Sealed rooms typically have higher RH levels since there's no air exchange. I think pulling your room air through the hoods may be drying out the air.

If your AC can handle it, open hoods is the way to go.

I don't see any wall fans in your pics. Maybe on the opposite wall?

Yes there is a fan on the opposite wall.

Not the CO2 per se. It's the closed room. RH goes through the roof at lights off and I have a dehumidifier for that. However my AC is barely able to keep up with the heat when all 3 lights are on full power. This means the AC runs constantly and ends up drying out the air.

I could really use an 18000 BTU AC but don't have the money nor do I have any room in my electrical panel for a 240v line.

I'm already opening the hoods as each bay empties but the heat will still be the same just the plants will get better light without the glass.

Gotcha..

If you ducted the lights on a closed line, it would take most of the stress off your AC and RH should stabilize. You'll lose some light to the glass but you can run them closer to the canopy. Just a thought.

Is your AC 1 ton?

RockinRobot

Gotcha..

If you ducted the lights on a closed line, it would take most of the stress off your AC and RH should stabilize. You'll lose some light to the glass but you can run them closer to the canopy. Just a thought.

Is your AC 1 ton?

Yes I have a 12K BTU mini split now.

I had thought about it but for stealth purposes I prefer not to exhaust the hot air. I don't always have all 3 bays running so it's not that big of an issue. With 2 lights RH stays at 55-60%. Plus the CMH will not be ducted so would be short term fix at best.

Badfishy1

Try tandem breakers if you think you don’t have room in panel. Unless panel is full of tandems already... if so carry on

Badfishy1

Panel is just plain full. Sucks only having 100 amp service.

Run into this problem in south south Florida all the time. Anybody installing less than 200A service should be shot... ok maybe bit extreme but it has become a huge problem. Especially with the new tankless water heaters... plumbers love to sell them to customers. But puts electricians in bad position. Homeowner calls to have repowered then have to explain how they are running a 15kw AC then have a 50A range then have to add (2) 40A 220v circuits but only have 100A...

RockinRobot

Time for another update.

The Super Silver Haze is really bulked up. Had to tie everything up the buds are so heavy. These are at 64 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RockinRobot

Looking nice Robot.

How long you gonna take the SSH?

To be honest I'm not sure yet. This is my first full run of the SSH. I ran one plant mixed in with my Amnesia X Triangle Trip but it had deficiency issues so can't go by that plant.

I normally run the Amnesia X Triangle Trip for 70 days. I also prefer to harvest before too many Amber trichomes as I prefer a racier buzz to couch lock. That being said I have the SSH flushing but I may let them go an extra week or two. Trichomes are almost all cloudy but almost no amber yet. They aren't fading much either, still very green.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Found a few harvest pics, from the mom I kept.

Grown 12/12 from clones, in true aeroponic SOG and under 1K lights

54092SSH_harvest_01.JPG
54092SSH_harvest_02.JPG
54092SSH_harvest_03.JPG

Id love me some SSH again :biggrin:

RockinRobot

Found a few harvest pics, from the mom I kept.

Grown 12/12 from clones, in true aeroponic SOG and under 1K lights

View Image View Image View Image

Id love me some SSH again :biggrin:

Those are very nice, especially for 12/12 from seed. I really like the buzz from the SSH. Hits the head immediately but then spreads down the body like a wave. This pheno is slightly indica leaning with great body buzz. Great for pain. Use it in salve and tincture.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
They where run from clones, not directly from seed.

Just rooted clones in RW cubes under fluro tubes, then straight into 12/12 in a 650 plant aeroponic SOG setup.

54092SSH_-_A7_Clones_29_sep.JPG

54092Garden_2_01.JPG

RockinRobot

Room is looking a bit like a jungle at the moment. All 3 bays in full flower.

Right is Super Silver Haze at 23 days, left is Amnesia X Triangle Trip at 36 days.

picture.php

Super Silver Haze at 71 days.

picture.php

picture.php

RockinRobot

Well just finished the tally on the first harvest of Super Silver Haze. Ended up with 14.7 zips dry from 3 plants vegged 60 days from actual cutting date.

This was one of the buds during trim.

picture.php

picture.php