What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2nd grow, 5 strains!

So just completed my first grow and im on to my 2nd. Got some clones from a friend to run and decided to do 5 different strains.

They were in 1 gal pots for 14 days but im just gonna start this as day 1 since putting them into 5 gal pots.

Soil: promix bx with 20% perlite added.

Nutrients: nectar for the gods 6 bottle sample. Medusa magic, gaia mana, herculean harvest, athena amina, demeters destiny, and bloom kaos.

Also will be doing teas consisting of earthworm castings and kelp. So it will go nutes, tea, nutes, tea.

Had an issue last grow with pm as i didnt have dehumidier on for a few days and things got out of hand. This grow i will not let that happen. I have everything i need to be good BUT this is my first time growing in soilless medium.

Strains:
Skywalker og
Dosi
Cherry pie
Thin mint girl scout cookies
Cindy 99.

I will take pics tonight and update.

Day 16. Watered Nutes yesterday .

I transplanted the clones from 1 gallon to 5 gallon containers and 1 i left in a 3 gal container. I watered the plants after transplanting them with the nutes i listed. The ppm was 400 and the ph was adjusted to 6.1 as thats what the schedule for nectar calls for.

As you will see in the pics they are kinda droopy a few of them. Not too sure how because i watered 2 days before transplanting and then watered yesterday with nutes and didn't even allow runoff. Just gave enough water so the container was heavy and saturated. I am not used to soiless medium so i am nervous about watering. I was told to treat it just like soil so we will see. I think i made the mistake of backing it slightly in the 5 gal?

Heres the pic

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm trying some coco out myself, so glad to see others and follow along. Oh, and you can treat it like soil, but there is a great thread over here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241341 where he is using drippers to water smaller amounts, multiple times per day and he got good results. I don't have a dripper system, but i am available to water by hand multiple times per day so I have been trying to follow along with that mind set, of more, smaller feedings, than treating it directly like soil. That's definitely not a situation everybody can do though. The main thing is to not let it dry out enough that the salts start to build up.

Last edited:
I'm trying some coco out myself, so glad to see others and follow along. Oh, and you can treat it like soil, but there is a great thread over here https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241341 where he is using drippers to water smaller amounts, multiple times per day and he got good results. I don't have a dripper system, but i am available to water by hand multiple times per day so I have been trying to follow along with that mind set, of more, smaller feedings, than treating it directly like soil. That's definitely not a situation everybody can do though. The main thing is to not let it dry out enough that the salts start to build up.

Hell yea are you running a log? Well im running all organic nutes and also teas so there really shouldnt be salt build up like i would get with reg fertilizers

You should be fine with organic and teas then. I'm interested to see how that goes in coco. I have a bunch of pictures in the photo album, but no I'm not running a journal.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74127&page=2 is start of flower, and then it goes from there. These are "autoflowers" that only 1/4 flipped without light adjustments.

Well promix isnt coco. But a friend uses the nutes and tea im using in coco and has no issues. His stuff is fire

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Well promix isnt coco. But a friend uses the nutes and tea im using in coco and has no issues. His stuff is fire
Oh man I hadn't heard of promix and the Coco in your name made me assume.
facepalm.gif
My apologies.

Day 17.

The promix is starting to dry a little i can tell the pots arent as heavy as they were before, which is a good thing because i wanna try and water 2x per week in veg and obv more in flower.

The plants to me seem like they took the half strength nutes fine. No yellowing of the plants and their leaves are starting to stand up more.

Next feeding is gonna be compost tea that is kelp and earthworm castings. I didnt do this until the end of my last grow but i wish i did it all the way through.

Now onto the pics. I took pics of each one.

Cindy 99

Thin mint girl scout cookies

Cherry pie

Dosi

Skywalker og

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Lol no worries! It made me laugh. Its from a song my username. What soil do you use? Promix has no nutrients in it but hopefully i can get good response of these plants from nectar nutrients.
At the moment all I've run is coco with canna A&B and some of the canna additives and some Stonington Blend which is a custom organic soil mix for marijuana made up in Maine. And I haven't done any topping so I cannot recommend any place to top, except I have heard you should wait for 4-6 nodes before doing any kind of topping, which those look like they have.

At the moment all I've run is coco with canna A&B and some of the canna additives and some Stonington Blend which is a custom organic soil mix for marijuana made up in Maine. And I haven't done any topping so I cannot recommend any place to top, except I have heard you should wait for 4-6 nodes before doing any kind of topping, which those look like they have.

Yea i just dont wanna top and mess up. Yea i could have run the same as what your running but i have read good reviews on it and my buddy has fire and these are all his clones. He is doing some coco and some promix for the first time. Hes used to coco

Day 18.

So the plants look good imo. All except the skywalker is pretty much standing toward the light. I lifted the containers and i also felt the promix, they will need to be watered tomorrow. I could do it today but im making tea and it will be ready tomorrow evening.

So far so good knock on wood. I am gonna flip my fan upside down and push it toward the rear of my tent tomorrow. If i dont the plants will become too crowded when they get bigger.

Last time i vegged for 60 days. Not 100% sure what i will this time. But it will be at least 40, i want to get atleast 400g this grow.

Heres the pic from today

Any advice on how to improve log, watering, topping, etc im all ears!

Day 19.

So the pots are dry enough so i fed them with compost tea. I use earthworm castings and kelp and brew for 24-36 hours and give it to them. So instead of nutes thats what they got. Next watering they will get nutes. Then i will tea again.

Having some rigorous growth for sure. Imo much more than when i use foxfarm soil. I knoe this is only my 2nd grow but i can tell a difference of how they are growing.

Humidity has been kept at 45-50. I know you can go higher in veg but where i had pm last run im not trying to touch that. Temps have been around 77-79 while on and 72 while off.

Day 21.

Everything's chugging along just fine. Plants are doing well so far and i love it. The growth on them in pro soil is amazing, along with the nutes and tea.

I ended up topping all of them to how i think would be good, hopefully it will be! But you can tell by this picture that they are happy. One is even praying.

Day 23. Nutes watering day.

450 ppm and ph at 6.1 thats what nectar calls as far as ph. That ppm is only half strength. Dont feel the need to up them right now. Maybe later on ill move up but they seem to be doing fine.

Opened the tent today and the dosi is exploding. Tons and tons of new growth on it every day. Its funny to me how all of them are in 5 gal pots and theres 5 strains. For the most part 3 of them need it at 1 time and then the other 2 dry quicker.

Didnt get a chance to take pictures today i forgot as i was pretty busy. Will get them tomorrow

Day 25.

I am amazed at the explosive growth these are having. Id say they are pretty happy right now, after the nutes feeding. A few of them are stretching more than others, and a few are getting bushy as hell. Cant wait to flip them to flower, but gonna veg for a while.

Heres the pic from today

Day 33 yesterday.

Fed nutes 3/4 strength. I noticed i have over watered as you can definitely tell in the pictures. The temps in tent have only been 73-75 which isnt too bad but id like it to be a little higher.

Other than that i tried to lst the thin mint and broke both branches but they are still alive. I tapped them but they wouldn't stand up. Gonna try to fix them later. Everything else seems ok!