What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to memorize a sh*tload of (difficult) passwords

i use the same pass for anything and everything, since ive gotten online in the 90's

its like putting 20 bulletproof locks on your door, only to find they smashed the window and ignored the door.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Yeah I used to do that but then password requirements required first , a number as well, so I added a number, then they required a caps lock, so I added that to any new accounts, but then I had 3 versions of the same password, and could never remember which was which and just try 1 and then get locked out, once I had to reset it, I wouldn't be able to use an old password so yet a 4th version came into existence!

So it actually wasnt as easy anymore. One kind of crime thats just gonna go up and up is online security hacks, so good online security is just as important as your door locks.

With my 1password app, I have a different 30 Character password of leters numbers and symbols generated for each website or login, so security to the max, and it remembers and enters all my passwords automatically, dont need to remember anything anymore, and never need to ask for hints or password resets!

Whenever I set this program up and entered all my passwords for every account I ever made i ended up with over 60 Logins!

Gamechanger for sure !