What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Little ACE Lab on the Hill

Sprouts
picture.php

Got my first ace cross going. It's from the super Citrus Haze I just finished and a Nepal Jam male. The female came out super sweet and very frosty. I made some other crosses with the Nepal l Jam male so I'm excited to see how it does. I got two of those going and some of my 3x5s going too. I also started some seeds I got from the server fund, choc trip and mountain Temple from bakedbeanz.

BK HP
picture.php

About 3 weeks flowering.

Guatemala
picture.php

Nice vigorous plant. Curious to see how this one turns out. Seems to be liking the new soil mix too.

Super Cheese
picture.php

Lower bud looking nice. Didn't have any ace males going so it got hit with the Jack o Nesia.

Tikal
picture.php

Cool plant, doubled in height since flipping it. It's just starting to flower now. This plant would love to get big outside. I'd really love to grow outdoors again someday.

Still have the mites hanging around. They are under control but still a pain. I'm thinking about finishing everything I have going now and starting over from seed next year.

BKHP

picture.php

PHM2

picture.php

This is the more thai leaning plant out of the two I've grown. Going to pop another seed next time around instead of keeping a clone. I had a cutting going but tossed it out in my latest mite eradication effort.

Tikal

picture.php

Tied down a couple branches to even things out. Very easy to train this one.

Guatemala

picture.php
picture.php

Looks a lot like the Tikal to me.

I've been smoking the Zamaldelica for a little while now. It's got a nice stimulating up high for me that lasts for a for a few hours and fades. Very smooth and interesting taste to it. It's kind of woody and carrotty.

Here's the Veg Tent
picture.php

Been starting new seeds and getting serious about mite elimination. I'm going to finish up the plants I have in the flower tent before I move any of these in. Planning to clean out the Flower tent really well and only put mite free plants in going forward. I've got a Zamaldelica clone, a BKxHP clone, a Guatemala that I burned when I took it outside for a day, a tikal cutting and a Super Citrus Haze x Nepal Jam seedling in there now.

Tikal
picture.php

I had an old cutting from this one that never rooted so I just took another one that hopefully does better. I'd like to give this one another run.

PHM2
picture.php

BKHP
picture.php

At about 6 weeks.

Super Cheese
picture.php

Just about done at 10 weeks. Great Orange cleaner smell.

Zoom in to see the spiderweb.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Sucks seeing they decided to stay and set up camp.

The Tikal is a bit of a sensitive girl. Last plant that I had like that, I had to drop feedings to 1/4 strength.

Thanks for popping in wildgrow. Yeah, when I repotted the Tikal the soil was a little hot for it and I got some leaf curl. I'm going back to using ocean forest and happy frog. I haven't had much success mixing my own soil and along with the mites it's been hurting my yields. I'm trying to reset and start growing some healthier plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OlDirtyHuman,

I'm sorry to hear it, if the garden was small maybe it's better to start a new one with new seeds and softer soil mix. Make sure you clean first properly the tent, pots, tools, lamp, fans, etc .... mites can be a nasty persistent problem.

Good luck for the next grow!

Hey there Dubi, that's the plan now. I inspected every plant in veg yesterday and quaranteened the few I found eggs on. I've got a couple plants I'm hoping to save, but I might end up starting from scratch after I finish everything I have going now.

BKHP clone
picture.php

The mom of this plant had a pretty rough time and this cutting wasn't doing very well until I repotted it. Seems to be back on track now and growing well.

Zamaldelica clone
picture.php

Pumped to run this one again. Favorite ACE strain so far. Purple Haze Malawi is a close second.

Super Citrus Haze x Nepal Jam
picture.php

I real like the looks of this one and have my fingers crossed it's female. Super healthy looking monster leaves.

3x5
picture.php

Popped a couple more of these guys for fun after I killed the last two I started. These are from my first try at making seed intentionally. Only grown out one so far and it was a niece yielding 50/50 hybrid if I had to guess.

PHM2
picture.php

At about 8 weeks. Maybe a month or so left.
No cuttings from this one. I'll probably pop a couple more of these in a while to try and find a purple pheno. I found the high pretty similar to my Zamaldelica cut. I think they're both on the thai side of the lines. Zamaldelica wins in the yield department though.

Popped a PCK and a PCK x Kali China this week. I had a really pretty purple PCK female that got hit by mites so I cut it early and didn't get ant cuttings from it. Hoping to find another purple one to play around with.

Last edited:
Two weeks without seeing any mites or new damage so I might have finally got them. Green cleaner is the product I used. Seemed to be really effective. I sprayed everything thoroughly with a full strength dose and then twice more at half strength.

My Guatemala turned out to be a male. I'm not sure if I'll have a female ready to breed it to so I might just toss it.

Got a pretty nice ace line up in veg right now and everything is looking healthy finally since I changed soil.
BK x HP
Tikal
Zamaldelica
Pck x kc
Pck
Sch x Nepal Jam

H

Hu73

Hi OlDirtyHuman, The Green Cleaner is a great product, as is AzaMax for spraying during veg and early flowering. Have you heard about Sierra Natural Science's SNS 209? It works great during flowering. You add it to the water and it works systemically through the plants tissues. Like Dubi said, cleanliness is the number one factor. I keep my room super clean, yet I do get some mites during summer grows as I work with plants all day and despite always showering and changing clothes before visiting the plants, they sometimes appear. But, they never are a problem. I jump on them right away and don't let up. So, cleanliness, frequent inspection, and immediate action will work.

Yeah hu I'd never heard of the green cleaner before. It was recommended by the dude at the grow store. I think I brought the mites in on a clone I picked up when I started growing in Colorado. Only grown from seed before that and I never had to deal with them.

Tikal

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Cool plant, not much smell yet at 8 weeks. I like the branching structure on this one.

Jack O Nesia

picture.php

Just harvested the Jack O Nesia from Karma. I had a male plant too that I crossed with the BK x HP. Probably try those out next year.

Choc. Trip male

picture.php

Going to cross this one to a BK x HP too.

H

Hu73

You really grow nice plants. Can you tell me if you think the Jack O Nesia would be suitable for a coolish inside winter grow? It sometimes gets up to 80 during the light period, but ususlly more like 72- 76. During the dark it goes right down to 60-62, sometimes 58. I'll be trying another run with Apollos and P Haze, but want to wait till Spring to grow the real tropical stuff I'm holding. Thanks

Thanks hu73, I'm about to flower the Jack o Nesia again in pretty similar conditions to what you describe. Really nice up high. I love weed that makes me clean the house or go running. I didn't see much of an impact last winter from things being a little chilly and I grew Purple Haze x Malawi. I've also got around 20% humidity most of the time.

PCK

picture.php

Second try with the PCK. Just popped one regular.

Orient Express

picture.php

First time growing the OE.

Zamaldelica

picture.php

Put this one into flower about a week ago.

Tikal

picture.php

Got a clone growing well now from a pretty late cutting.

BKHP

picture.php

Little bud from my first BK x HP harvest. I had some serious soil issues so this plant was pretty stunted and took 14 weeks before I chopped it. Be very careful when you start mixing your own soil and don't freestyle. Still got some nice smoke and made some butter too.

BKHP clone

picture.php

Here's a cutting from the same plant that has been in good soil and is looking healthy except for a little leaf curl.

PCK x KC

picture.php

This is the second seed I've grown of the PCK x KC. This one looks to be much more on the PCK side. Been very vigorous so far.

Mountain Temple

picture.php

I got this one from the server fund and I'm liking the look so far. I say that about a lot of plants I'm noticing. I've got a really small cutting I'm hoping roots, but I'm not sure. If the PCK I'm growing ends up male I'll probably cross it with this one.

Zamaldelica

picture.php

Been flowering for two weeks now. I'm hoping from clone it'll take 12 weeks or so. I harvested the mother at 13 weeks and it seemed done to me.

I've still got a few mites showing up, but not in enough numbers to do any real damage.

I didn't follow through with my plan of not moving anything into the flower tent until the mites were gone. I might give it a try still around the new year If I get some good harvests by then.

Tikal butter is very nice. Trying to give the lungs a break.

Zamaldelica
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Great plant, I need to pop the rest of the seeds I have next year and see what else I can find.

BKHP
picture.php

Super stinky citrus smell on this one. It has a decent amount of stretch so I'm doing some training this run.

PCK

picture.php

Slow growing, but nice color.

OE
picture.php

First time growing the Orient Express.

JON
picture.php

Just cut this one. Great fast finisher.

SCHx NJ
picture.php

Nice looking sativa, it's starting to get some frost now and sweet scent.

PCK KC just went into flower. BKHP is almost ready to chop. Too many plants to try out.

Dblbogey

Outdoors:

Was concerned that my sativa grow of an unknown pheno from seeds of the first harvest (too early, in September, 2015, but that's another story) was doing very poorly.

The second harvest--- which for some reason hermied with tons of useless dried out seeds, but very decent trichomes all over until the spaz to seed, this year, in October (same story) was looking very sparse for trichomes and robust calyxes and flowers at 8 weeks into flower. I had to cut it down at least a month or more too soon due to security concerns by the distaff side of the household. I have been removing the millions of seeds on a 15 minute regimen but am about ready to scrap the entire crop.

From some of the pics here it seems like even longer grow times show very little trichomes and frost yet anticipating a harvest in a few weeks.
Indoors:

Is this too early (at 9 wks in flower) to expect copious trichomes or is the Sativa strain simply very low in trichome production even at optimum light, atmosphere, and nutrition in the wild?

As an aside, the seeds from the 2015 crop came from a nearly mature harvest, which in its turn came from seeds I have had for over 20 years that I know are sativa but have kept dormant for decades.

Are all or some of the Sativa strain notorious for low trichome production? If so, how does one determine when to harvest?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts