What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Capsaicin & Cannabinoid Preparations

Has anyone investigated combining capsaicin topical creams with cannabis topical creams?

Low concentration capsaicin (0.025–0.075%) creams and dermal patches are now available without prescription to relieve the pain associated with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, postherpetic neuralgia, psoriasis, and diabetic neuropathy

Anesiva (SF) has developed a capsaicin formulation
for internal use, for the treatment of severe postoperative pain, post-traumatic neuropathic pain, and musculoskeletal diseases, which is currently undergoing various phase II clinical trials.

Anyone use these in conjunction with cannabis? You can extract and purify capsaicin yourself in good yield from peppers.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone investigated combining capsaicin topical creams with cannabis topical creams?

Low concentration capsaicin (0.025–0.075%) creams and dermal patches are now available without prescription to relieve the pain associated with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, postherpetic neuralgia, psoriasis, and diabetic neuropathy

Anesiva (SF) has developed a capsaicin formulation
for internal use, for the treatment of severe postoperative pain, post-traumatic neuropathic pain, and musculoskeletal diseases, which is currently undergoing various phase II clinical trials.

Anyone use these in conjunction with cannabis? You can extract and purify capsaicin yourself in good yield from peppers.

I tried making that, a balm using capsaicin/cannabis....probably didn't have proportions correct...burned/irritated skin.

Much prefer Arnica(montana)/Cann for arthritis. Made both salve and transdermal patches out of those with Calendula in the mix. It works for myself and others I've bestowed to as an experiment.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope, but I've made really (painful to shite for two days) hot food that gets you stoned as all hell.

Besides that shameless plug I'm interested in the topic and will follow along.

Apparently, Apothecana beat me to it with their "ginger capsaicin grapefruit cannabis stimulating cream"

I was onto something I guess, time to make my own.

I've done it before too following a random internet formula for homemade capsaicin cream.

Something along the lines of:

1/2 cup infused coconut oil
2-4tbsp cayenne
some essential oils(if you have on hand things like ginger or lemongrass or clove)
1/4 cup beeswax(or a bit less. grated)

heat all except the essential oils mix and toss in a container. Add the essential oils and stir in as it cools.

It can be a bit messy especially with white sheets. And be sure to clean under your nails well after using as it can hide there to surprise you when you rub your eye.

Latest posts

Latest posts