What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating chronic pain with tincture.

drooster

Hello everyone, very new here. Pleased to meet you all. I have a very serious question for all of you medicinal users. My mother has just been diagnosed with fibromyalsia and has been using edibles as a pain releiver for a few months now. It has been working quite well. Her state of life is actually better now. The only problem I see here, is that she is eating a brownie or 2 everytime she needs to medicate. Obviously for an elder woman thats not a healthy option. I know personally that there are many alternatives to ingestion. She can NOT smoke cannabis in any shape or form, as her lungs are absolutely terrible. So I suggested a tincture. If anyone thinks this is a good idea and has suggestions on making some, let me know! Otherwise, if there are other methods that I can try I am all ears, thanks to everyone who read my long speel, and sorry if I posted in the wrong thread.

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hallo drooster,
Sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis.
But relieved to hear that cannabis works well. And it can be quite helpful in this pathology.
There are several options to medicate in oral form, consuming decarboxylated concentrates, veiculated either by alcool (tincture) or by oil. Depending on her history one route or other may be preferred.
There is also the sublingual route, the transdermal as topic and the rectal (often forgotten, but very effectiveql
Talk to your doc for dosage equivalent, so she can use the benefit of cannabinoids either on demand or on a schedule , without ingesting more calories.
Take a look at concentrate section of this forum for the best info on the subject of manufacturing concentrates.
Also take a look at skunkpharm website for detailed infos.
Hope this helps
Dr.P

Runt

I´ve been making tincture for a few years, skipped the decarb phase a while back and it still works primo. Just take x amount of good bud, grind it up and pour on Everclear or the strongest booze you have till the booze is about 1/2 inch above the weed. Let it sit for a few days, shaking every now and then. Strain and reduce over heat to about 1/3 volume and you should have a tincture that works using 0.5-2cc dosage. Ventilate well when reducing. The end product depends on what you started out with, I use only sugar trim and good bud.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tincture is definitely a good option. My Harlequin (high CBD) tincture has helped me a lot with pain. Non-chronic in my case.

Tinctures are my favorite way to consume cannabis overall. With concentrated tinctures (pure hash oil dissolved in a small amount of ethanol), you can measure the dose by counting the drops.

The only disadvantage is that it doesn't last as long as other kinds of edibles. If I needed all day relief for chronic pain, I'd go with capsules. There are lots of good capsule recipes in the Cooking with Cannabis section. Capsules take twice as long to kick in, but they last at least twice as long.