What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD in bulk

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The CBD we are going with IS derived from hemp, not flowers. Eastern Europe, organic certified, not Harlequin or Charlotte's Web or some other high CBD strain of pot.

I personally feel there is no doubt that CBD derived from hemp is legal in all states including South Carolina.

Maybe you define what hemp is and isn't solely to suit your purposes. We'd be better off arguing that CBD does not fit the definition of a drug in any schedule, and therefore should be exempt from drug control. The SC law doesn't change the fact that your CBD doesn't come from stems and seeds. What they really did was exempt cannabidiol in products where it's present in ppm quantity only. The language was obviously a compromise to make it look like the politicians were doing something - for the children.

That's a lot like the federal law that already exempts THC in the same situations, even though it was actually already exempt, being excluded from the definition of marijuana, and therefore unscheduled:

21 CFR 1308.35
Exemption of certain cannabis plant material, and products made therefrom, that contain tetrahydrocannabinols.

(a) Any processed plant material or animal feed mixture containing any amount of tetrahydrocannabinols (THC) that is both:

(1) Made from any portion of a plant of the genus Cannabis excluded from the definition of marijuana under the Act [i.e., the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination and

(2) Not used, or intended for use, for human consumption, has been exempted by the Administrator from the application of the Act and this chapter.

In Idaho, getting CBD into some form of specific exemption from the definition of marijuana was shot down on Monday, with law enforcement playing a key role.

boiseweekly.com:

But opponents of the bill brought out the big guns, figuratively, with Idaho police, sheriffs, prosecutors and Governor C.L. Butch Otter’s own drug czar pushing hard against SB 1146aa.

“Yes, this is heart wrenching. But I want to be clear: this is not hemp oil you can buy at the co-op. This is marijuana, a Schedule One drug and Idaho will be violating federal law if this passes,” said Elisha Figueroa, director of the Idaho Office of Drug Policy. “We have a very real criminal element in this state that is looking for a shield for their activity, and this law does just that.”

idahostatejournal.com:

About four hours’ worth of combined Monday morning and afternoon testimony included concerns from representatives from the Idaho law enforcement and legal (prosecutors) communities alongside parents wanting the oil for their epilepsy-afflicted children. The panel deadlocked 8-8 on its vote.

The list of lawmakers voting against SB1146 included Reps. Ken Andrus, R-Lava Hot Springs, and Linden Bateman, R-Idaho Falls. Legislators voting in favor of the measure included Reps. Elaine Smith, D-Pocatello and Tom Loertscher, R-Iona.

Bunderson said she has researched and found a company in Colorado that would ship the oil. But some – including Idaho Office of Drug Police Director Elisha Figueroa – said the cannabidiol oil still is considered marijuana, and a Type 1 drug, under federal law.

“I want to be clear: we do not think these kids (epilepsy sufferers) or these families are going to abuse marijuana or become marijuana addicts,” Figueroa said. “I do not for one minute believe that they are going to become drug mules for drug traffickers. I think that these families have good intentions. Unfortunately, we have a very real criminal element in this state that would be looking for a shield to disguise their activity. And, this law will provide just that.”

Bottles could be disguised as cannabidiol oil by illicit users, then would have to be tested in an Idaho State Police lab to determine drug content, according to an ISP representative. Estimates of costs to update the ISP lab range from $600,000 to $1.2 million, said both Figueroa and the ISP representative.

“This is marijuana,” Figueroa said. “It’s a schedule 1 drug, and Idaho will be violating federal law if this law passes.”

Per federal law, the cannabidiol oil can’t legally be shipped to customers in Idaho, according to the bill’s sponsor, Sen. Curt McKenzie, R-Nampa, and others who testified.

vapeking

I work with a company in CA that is producing high cbd co2 extracted oil. Theyre pure cbd cartridges for vaping are testing between 50-60% CBD. They also have some THC though about 10-15%.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
12k may be a tad high... depending on how much mass in a liter of your CBD isolate

i've been seeing kilo of isolate for 10-14k

kwiik

8 to 8.5k a liter 20.4% CBD from dioica88 strain fully organic, grown and CO2 extracted in France. One of my best mate product..... That's what you can expect to find for bulk quantites in Europe right now......

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
This thread was started over 2 years ago. What are legal sources of CBD oil for ingestion, and does it really help with pain? My 89 year old mother can barely move without extreme pain, and wondering if it is worth giving a try.

ronbo51

Veteran
Look into Palmetto Harmony CBD. They do CO2 extractions and are involved with the Kentucky Hemp program at KU. The woman that developed it has a child with seizure disorder and is passionate and was very responsible for getting a hemp/cbd law passed in SC. We carry her products and we sell a steady amount in our ecig stores. We also sell some products that we make from crystalline. We have had customers tearfully thank us. Our facebook page has dozens of testimonials from people who have had their lives or family members life changed dramatically for the good because they used our products. I have been very proud of the CBD line we carry. It was me who advocated that we go forward with the CBD line within our company. It was risky, even though South Carolina law clearly allowed us to move forward. We went two years with no problems until now.

Our credit card carrier has given us until the end of May to stop selling CBD or they will cancel us. We are not even being given the option to sell CBD for cash. They say if it's in the store then no sales on credit cards.

So, in two weeks we will stop selling. We just ordered five liters of concentrate too. It sucks. Our customers will be heartbroken. We can't be alone in this. I imagine almost all retailers of CBD must be in, or shortly will be, the same boat.

and Loc Dog, yes, give it to your poor mother

Loc Dog

Veteran
Look into Palmetto Harmony CBD. They do CO2 extractions and are involved with the Kentucky Hemp program at KU. The woman that developed it has a child with seizure disorder and is passionate and was very responsible for getting a hemp/cbd law passed in SC. We carry her products and we sell a steady amount in our ecig stores. We also sell some products that we make from crystalline. We have had customers tearfully thank us. Our facebook page has dozens of testimonials from people who have had their lives or family members life changed dramatically for the good because they used our products. I have been very proud of the CBD line we carry. It was me who advocated that we go forward with the CBD line within our company. It was risky, even though South Carolina law clearly allowed us to move forward. We went two years with no problems until now.

Our credit card carrier has given us until the end of May to stop selling CBD or they will cancel us. We are not even being given the option to sell CBD for cash. They say if it's in the store then no sales on credit cards.

So, in two weeks we will stop selling. We just ordered five liters of concentrate too. It sucks. Our customers will be heartbroken. We can't be alone in this. I imagine almost all retailers of CBD must be in, or shortly will be, the same boat.

and Loc Dog, yes, give it to your poor mother

I got a syringe of 10% CBD to coconut oil, and have given her 1 ml a day, and it helps a lot, right away. I thought she would need time before it worked, like when you first start smoking bud. Syringes are very expensive, and e-bay stopped them from selling through them again. Found a company called bluebird that has 5 grams of pure crystals for around $180. I would have to mix it into oil, and test the batch, slowly. Also plan on adding some soy lecithin to it.

She is also taking much less oxycoton.

Loc Dog

Veteran
In case it helps anyone, I tried a very pure CBD crystal, and a wide spectrum CBD oil, and the wide spectrum alleviated pain, and the pure did not. Also very minute amount of high THC cookie, 1/10th what I take to sleep, killed all pain. It may be another cannabinoid responsible for killing pain. My high cannabinoid strain has almost no CBD.

WishDoctor

high thc deadens pain for about 1-2hrs per application of our salve.

cbd is about clarity and no anxiety, refreshed and clear, and puffed with high thc it
s like puffing old school nugs when cannabis was real, not this kush crap.