What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Parkinson's help???

Pro Headies

Veteran
Human GuineaPig: What did you think of my post?

I really dislike it when someone just comes into a thread, avoids everyone's response and just gives some bullshit random response.

I guess you did not think much of my info, since you logged off just now.

I agree with your above post. Testing would open up alot of doors for cannabis's medical values. Do you have any actual hands on experience with any strains that help parkinsons? If so what strain and how was it ingested? Ive been keeping a eye on this thread hoping somebody would recommend a known proven strain that help parkinsons.

I'm not ignoring posts but I cannot answer to every single post in the thread. My reply was mainly in response to Pro Headies comment:

In my experience with parkinson cannabis makes symptoms worse unfortunately. I have a real close friend that takes care of his dad who has it. When he smokes it makes him "feel" better but his motor skills are noticeably worse after he smokes. I'll ask him what was best medicine his dad has ever taken, hes had it for over 10 years now.

In my experience just smoking is not enough to treat Parkinson's as its not the best delivery method, vaping is better, edibles or RSO help further.

Just look at the video.

http://youtu.be/i7iV-APTM_s

I'm not ignoring posts but I cannot answer to every single post in the thread. My reply was mainly in response to Pro Headies comment:
Ok, thank you for getting back to me and clearing that up.

In my experience just smoking is not enough to treat Parkinson's as its not the best delivery method, vaping is better, edibles or RSO help further.
I most certainly agree on that and that is because for one thing it is com busting the material with flame and going into the lungs more so than the nerve system of the brain.

Parkinson disease is a neurological disorder due to damaging of the nerves via chemicals or long term exposure to something hence Harolds statement above for example.

I feel a major part of the Alzheimer, Parkinson problem is also an onslaught of heavy metals, aluminium is a major culprit and is always found in high amounts (100% of cases) of the time in brain tissue, unfortunately it tends to migrate there. Most medications contain aluminium as an anti caking agent.

Michael J Fox used to market diet pepsi and drank that stuff like a fish. Diet pepsi (& many other diet drinks) are loaded with aspartame, which converts into formaldehyde (embalming fluid!), at body temperature. Aspartame is horrible horrible shit and will destroy your brain. Avoid it like the plague.
Ok, I have a hunch that certain strains of cannabis do cause short term memory loss but not all strains and those that don't actually do the opposite. For example some strains cause the munchies and dry eye and dry mouth more so than others and the one's that cause red eye the worse are proven to help glaucoma sufferers due to expanding and contracting of the blood vessels in the eye. So for example then there must be a strain of cannabis that does the opposite of short term memory loss like THC to CBD ratio's for example. Some of these strains must carry the hidden compound within in it and it's just not been brought out through breeding because that would require a science lab and expensive test and equipment through lab synthesization. In other words once they do the test and narrow it down to a few strains that are helping nerve repair they could then take that strain and synthetically enhance that specific parkisons treating compound lying dormant and make it stronger. Then they would have a strain rich in this hidden compound only for nerve repair that probably does not even get you high like hemp for example. A plant just for that. They can grow out a ton of this strain and turn it into a powder for snorting or through vapor nose hits. Would this cannabis strain create like antibodies that repair damaged nerve cells specifically related to Parkinson's and Alzheimer?

This thread right here: Is a great way to look at the make up of cannabis plant and it's ingredients.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=295057

Now that must be because each strain of cannabis is more profound in these compounds listed credited to Better half:

α-Bisabolol
Borneol
Camphene
Δ 3-Carene
β-Caryophyllene
Caryophyllene oxide
α-Cedrene
β-Eudesmal
(+) Fenchol
Geraniol
Guaiol
α-Humulene
Isoborneol
Limonene
Linalool
Menthol
Myrcene
Nerol
cis-Ociene
trans-Ocimine
α-Phellanderene
α-Pinene
β-Pinene
Sabinene Hydrate
α-Terpinene
α-terpineol
Terpinolene
α-Guaiene
Elemene
Farnesene
Germacrene B
Guaia-1(10), 11-diene
t-2-Pinanl
Selina-3,7(11)-diene
Eudesm-7(11)-en-4-ol
Valencene

One of the chemicals listed or not even listed may be a key to cannabis repairing the brains neurons. Alzheimer disease and Parkinson are way different illnesses but similar in way how it effects the brain. Alzheimer having to do with damaged memory neurons and Parkinsons having to do with damaged nerve brain neurons that are connected through out the body. Like for example a mans testicle when unraveled from the scrotum is said to go the length of miles and it is connected to the brain in all sorts of ways.

Back to the smoking part. Yes this is not an effective method for treating parkinsons. But for back pain and stress and even glaucoma it is ok.

I have an old school smoking device called The blaster, aka Power Hitter. I noticed you can do nose hits with it. Would that mean you are actually getting a more effective method for brain delivery. The reason why is what if the strains of cannabis that repairs brain cells are more effective through direct delivery method. So would putting on nose mask for nose hits using a vaporizer be the best delivery method?

Also to find out the best strains for these two illnesses you would have to do a controlled study long term study.

Their are so many strains of cannabis out now so that would take some time to find the strain but then see results. I think they could prove this in lab mice first like the way they did with it shrinking tumors.

nan

with my dad's experience I would like to suggest a strain higher in CBD than THC so to mitigate the inebriation which can cause a person with tremors to have more problems. My Dad feels he benefits by using edibles and topicals, he doesn';t smoke or vape at all. He feels it is best to take the edibles at night just before bed. He wakes up feeling really great. He likes it better than taking it during the day. A happy side effect is he is no longer having difficulty with urinating any more, both holding or being able to release. He has regained his control just since starting the CBD.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
with my dad's experience I would like to suggest a strain higher in CBD than THC so to mitigate the inebriation which can cause a person with tremors to have more problems. My Dad feels he benefits by using edibles and topicals, he doesn';t smoke or vape at all. He feels it is best to take the edibles at night just before bed. He wakes up feeling really great. He likes it better than taking it during the day. A happy side effect is he is no longer having difficulty with urinating any more, both holding or being able to release. He has regained his control just since starting the CBD.

That is exactly what I am eager to grow, for her. Heard of awesome breed, hoping to get, all CBD. If you you have others, please PM.

She does not want to get high, but get rid of pain in ass effects.