What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Promix lovers... New HP/CC? What do you like?

I don't know how long the Promix HP/CC has been out(HP with Chunky Coir), but looks new. HP/CC mix looks slightly cheaper than BX or HP too. I am using the BX now and agree with one who said the BX seems better in warmer summer months and the HP in winter. Seems about right, but I want more oxygen and don't care to water more if better results and think the HP/CC might be right up my alley and premixed. My basic mix I am using now and very happy with is in my new hangin' out with speed thread. Always tweeking it and learning. Grateful for all the great info here. Anyone try this HP/CC yet? peace... :tiphat: SR

ZenWarrior

I use Pro Mix HP for my indoor grow and my plants love it. Haven't heard much about HP/CC but it sounds like you're on to something. I'm trying out an outdoor grow some I'm interested to here what everyone else thinks.

JointOperation

the hp/cc is amazing actually.. has more coco in it.. faster growth.. and u can use smaller pots for bigger plants then u would in the BX.. i really oonly been using bales of promix for years.. now.. and the hp/cc takes the cake.. if they dont have it . ill use HP.. ..

GSPfan

Veteran
I'll have to check it out. I add about 25% more coco to the promix for increased yeilds right now. It would be nice if they did it for me.

Glad to hear your comments and plan to buy the hp/cc after my bx is gone and finish my smaller aerostones. I do like the larger hydroponic growstones in the bottom of the pot and very light and porous. Not sure about how reuseable yet. Used heavy rock before.
I don't grow much and thinking to start a very small bin of worms. I only use in my teas and only need a little. Tired of the dry processed stuff I buy though seems to work. Think I'll check out some worm threads and with the hp/cc and lil this and that I think all will be very nice. Nice to hear you say how it increases yield. Though may have to water more, a bigger yield is always better. Very cool. peace... :tiphat: SR

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lot of, if not all, Promix products are mixed with a dash of mycorrhizal spores (more a labelling gimmick).

Fafards is a ready to use potting soil as I recall, the Promix products discussed here are soilless.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
A lot of, if not all, Promix products are mixed with a dash of mycorrhizal spores (more a labelling gimmick).

Fafards is a ready to use potting soil as I recall, the Promix products discussed here are soilless.

Fafards I have used many times in the past. It is a good mix and an alternative to promix if you can't get it.

It is not potting soil. It is a soiless mix like promix, the only difference I see in the two are maybe promix has a bit more perlite.

The only downfall I see to comparing ProMix and Fafard is the Fafard has more pieces of sticks and chunks in it. Undesirable for my liking's.

:tiphat:

soserthc1

I use this also plus they have one with a added fungicide now also has green lettering. Seems to really be working well now with azromite I've added. Provided you establish roots before adding to flower

soserthc1

18 gal tote 2 parts promix bx myco/ fung
1 part added perlite
1 part added ewc
3 tbs azromite
3 tbs root , nute pack ogbiowar ( getting tired of the price)
1 tsp fuvic acid
2 tbs Dom lime

This is what I'm using with much better success latley any suggestions ? Kinda thinking a mid flower source of k might help

I don't like waiting for meals blood/ bone to cook so I top dress with them or mainly jbm 0/10/0 in flower around 4 weeks

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Fafard Professional is a soil mixture I think since it says Peat Moss and Compost are in there?, I just checked.

http://fafard.com/products/?id=166

Depends on what you get. They make several different types of mixes.

However, the one I got and used for a couple of years was soiless. Exactly like ProMix. It has been 3 years since I used there product, the local nursery sold it for 35 bucks a bale. It was either 3 or 3.8 cubic foot and it was what they used in all there work from germination, seedlings to mature plants.

But like I said, maybe they do not produce it anymore or it could be a specialty product?? Who knows.. :dunno:

Just my personal experience.

rykus

BX = outdoor for me , even hp is too dense. Been common practice around my area to mix 1:1:1 with perlite and a bag of worm castings.

I like to mix 1 bale hp, 2 perlite,3 coco, 3 worm 3 mushroom m, 2seasoil.

4Leaf20

Hello, I am new here and seen this post about HP CC. I am about to use it for first time for outdoor grow in smart pots.
last year I used BX and was using general organics as nutes and I was having problems near the last weeks of flowering. but was lucky that they turned out ok. once i get 50 posts I will post some pics.

but I really need help to add amendments to this HP CC. as this year I want to use less liquid nutes. I am trying to keep it simple with what is available where I live. I have read so much that I am getting frustrated on what to add to the HP.
I see some posts of users. I would really appreciate some .

I was thinking of adding EWC, either shrimp compost or composted sheep manure.

I believe Spped Racer has a mix maybe willing to share. anyways hope this thread is not closed.
cheers