What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

oh ya, used the stuff for years, up until i found this about 6 months ago...

for some reason, i would get 40-50% rooting success with dip N Grow, my stems would rot....

when i read the title i thought this was going to be about dip 'n grow.... i have a very hard time believing YOU would only get 40-50% with anything but especially dip 'n grow considering i get 100% with dip 'n grow. i know your doing cloning on a much larger scale but that just doesnt make sense to me... why arent you attributing your low strike rate to your environment in the case of dip 'n grow?

this new post makes me really, really makes think your a rep... your too good at what you do to throw out numbers like that

AcroPhobic

I use the same brand .. different colored bottle .. I bought 6 of these bottles off ebay 2 years ago for $10 shipped .. I always got/get 100% success rate with clones and they root in less than a week .. I'm pretty satisfied .. I still have 4 bottles left.

Attachments

• fert16.jpg
    fert16.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 20

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
when i read the title i thought this was going to be about dip 'n grow.... i have a very hard time believing YOU would only get 40-50% with anything but especially dip 'n grow considering i get 100% with dip 'n grow. i know your doing cloning on a much larger scale but that just doesnt make sense to me... why arent you attributing your low strike rate to your environment in the case of dip 'n grow?

this new post makes me really, really makes think your a rep... your too good at what you do to throw out numbers like that

it would be cool if i was....

well, in the SAME cloning area that i have been using for a while now, i used Dip N Grow and Vita Grow rooting compound(which has the same PGR) because i have been using them for years.....

nothing has changed in my cloning area except using the Home Depot powder....

not sure what else i could say, just trying to help with rooting success...

and IF i was a rep, why would i push a $5 product? id be pushing $5000 products for my cut and spiff bonuses...

Jbonez

Veteran
Im with knife Crunch..

The powder shouldnt be the reason for your success, 100% with expensive snake oil is normal too.

perhaps you had some yucky stuff??? Something else is going on with 50% clone survival rates... that is a "dilemma" to say the least.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Im with knife Crunch..

The powder shouldnt be the reason for your success, 100% with expensive snake oil is normal too.

perhaps you had some yucky stuff??? Something else is going on with 50% clone survival rates... that is a "dilemma" to say the least.

it is what it is, believe me or don't, i don't really give a dick's shake what anyone uses to root clones....

im just trying to help by showing a very cheap product that works better the products 50 times more expensive.....

Jbonez

Veteran
it is what it is, believe me or don't, i don't really give a dick's shake what anyone uses to root clones....

im just trying to help by showing a very cheap product that works better the products 50 times more expensive.....

easy bro, Im just saying, you mighta had some bad stuff, thats all.

You know, we had an issue about a year ago, clones kept dying, but nothing different changed...

Found out it was a faulty temp controller..... Worked sometimes, then it wouldnt, took me forever to figure out and had me questioning my abilities..

I know how ya feel, and I use the same powder, stuff is just "perfect"...

a dicks shake, thats funny, I usually tell someone "I dont give 300 fucks".

krunchbubble

Veteran
easy bro, Im just saying, you mighta had some bad stuff, thats all.

You know, we had an issue about a year ago, clones kept dying, but nothing different changed...

Found out it was a faulty temp controller..... Worked sometimes, then it wouldnt, took me forever to figure out and had me questioning my abilities..

I know how ya feel, and I use the same powder, stuff is just "perfect"...

a dicks shake, thats funny, I usually tell someone "I dont give 300 fucks".

COULD be possible.....

the Vita Grow that i used for a while , cannot be sold in California. but my hydro store gets cases of it for the "Mexican Mafia". one of the told me "this shit can root a popsicle stick"!

the stock is constantly new, as the mafia buys 3-4 cases a week @ $35 a bottle. SUCKERS!!!

such constant rotating stock, i don't think the bottles would go bad.....

it IS funny though. Vita Grow cant be sold in Cali because of the PGR in it. yet Home Depot can sell the rooting hormone i rave about, and it contains the same ingredient, minus the water in the bottle....

SuperNaturals rooting powder has the same PGR in it as well and CAN be sold in Cali.....

Jbonez

Veteran
thats funny, a lot of goods in my house seem to only cause cancer in the state of california lol....

Shit, Id love to get out that way, cancer would just be an excuse to get a card without the hassle lol...

T

thesloppy

Every professional grower in West Europa uses Rhizopon.

http://www.rhizopon.com/product-informatie/leveringsprogramma
http://www.rhizopon.com/images/81044-rhi-stektabel uk bomen.pdf
http://www.rhizopon.com/en/verkooppunten

indole-3-butyric acid = Rhizopon AA 0,5 / 8%
For Cannabis normally 1% / 2% is ok.

Greetz, Omni

Wow, they certainly have a lot of options. Cool link, omni. As far as I understand it, rooting hormones generally come in three standard concentrations of IBA, .1%, .3%, and .8% (note the decimal/comma in there, it's .8% not 8%). The 'woodier' the plant/stem, the higher concentration of IBA necessary to clone. As far as my crap-ass research has found, .8% is used for woody bushes and tree-like plants, and generally considered too strong for general cannabis purposes, and might actually screw up cloning....but I don't have the experience to say, either way. If I had a particularly woodier strain, and had real troubles cloning, I might try moving up to a .2-.3% IBA formula, but I've personally never had reason to, nor know anything about any of the higher concentration stuff (and I assume you'd have to pay a premium).

Green Light, and most of the popular rooting compounds you will ever hear mentioned regarding cannabis (that use IBA), are all .1% IBA, as far as I can tell. Some products will mix other additives in there, and some don't use it at all, but as far as I can tell it's only necessary at .1% (for marijuana purposes), and as long as it's the only active ingredient listed you can ignore most of the other additives/claims.

J

jonnybgood29

thanks, ill have to see if it is in my home depot! ive used the schultz take root and it is also the bomb. i used to coat my seeds with that stuff and always got 100% germ, good fem ratios and no damp off issues!

krunchbubble

Veteran
thanks, ill have to see if it is in my home depot! ive used the schultz take root and it is also the bomb. i used to coat my seeds with that stuff and always got 100% germ, good fem ratios and no damp off issues!

interesting....

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
i use root burst powder from supernatural brand...shit is the BOMB. been using it for years, and i have 100% almost everytime...talking batched of 500+ at a clip.

Main active ingredient: 4-Indole-3 butyric acid = 0.8%

omni

Normal rooting powder in every gardencenter here is 1-Naphtylacetic acid 0,1% (Rhizopon B)
And that is ok for most plants.
Most used proff. is Rhizopon AA 1%.
Woody stems you can give a wounding (+/- 1-2 cm)

Sometimes I use Rhizopon AA tablet (solution) to spray cuttings with some extra hormones.

Grtz, Omni

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I searched rhizopon and the hortus site came up. That place has some really good info and videos despite how the site looks. Check out the automated cloning machine video!! Where do you even find something like that?

I just made a bunch of trays full of clones, using the gel I normally use.

Do you think I could dissolve some of this power into water and add it to the trays?