What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#11 Biological control #11 Amblyseius Swirskii- control of Thrips

moses wellfleet

Veteran
If you are using Swirskii sachets it is a good idea to move them around your crop every couple days as they are not good at ranging they will not venture far from the sachets. So to get better coverage move them and hang preferably where you see pest damage.

Advice applies to californicus sachets too!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still preferable to shaking bran or vermiculite over your plants.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Still preferable to shaking bran or vermiculite over your plants.

Yes when I say they range poorly, I mean in comparison to p. Persimilis, in a 24 period they will be all over a 60ft tunnel even if you dump the whole bottle out in one location. Persimilis is gonna find that prey no matter what!

The Joker1

Bumping an old thread:

I have been using Met32ES with mixed results. It really needs a high RH. In cooler weather, it's miraculous. Where I live the RH is naturally quite low, so getting the RH higher has been difficult in the warmer months. Once the temperatures rose, it became ineffective , even with a humidifier.

I read that the Fungi in Met52 and Botanigard do not harm predatory mites and can be used in conjunction. Has anyone had better success with the combination of predatory mites and Met52 or the like combined?

I'm fighting super russets. I've been able to knock them way back, but not out. They are resistant to all the pesticides. Tried everything you can imagine. Nuke em also kicked their asses as well as the asses of my plants. I'm really trying a natural since they can't build a resistance to fungus , citric acid or predatory mites.

Thanks in advance.