What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finland is not Scandinavia.

A

arcticsun

ya.. good point think the winter war proved thta point, end of story case closed!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
But the op is right, even if this seems to be a failed provocation by some dirty rotten sausage-swede, and should have been directed @ the forum admin rather than the users. I ranted, with passion, about this years ago when they set these forums up.. Finland is not Scandinavia.

Meanwhile, in Sweden :D

Rename the whole section to Nordic Forums.

It is better to be correct.

Aye, tis true. :abduct:

Xtrail

fuck dat a la nazi(we are superior)shit...at least finish were not that scared to fight with russians,like you bloody real scandinavians..all that faggot neutral shit,damn moron

C

curts1

HH: Our army stopped them -no help from Sweden and the Danes rollled over and embraced the Nazi "liberators". The Norwegians put in a fight against Hitler while Sweden was making money selling steel to the Third Reich.

I´d rather not be a part of Scandinavia.

Ok thats the time to get what you mean under the word 'stopped'
I think every country tells its history in its own way (damn Yankees still think the WW2 ended only thanks to them :laughing:)
the truth is - entering Finland has never been the prime mission of soviet unions WW2 war companies
In fact our nations since very very long ago have been pretty friendly to each other (did you know Russia and Finland are the only two countries in the world that have such a place as 'sobering-up station')

I personally live in Saint Petersburg, it takes only 3-4 hours to get to the finish border from here and I've been to Helsinki for a couple of times - very nice city with great friendly people!)

Peace everybody! Smoke weed!)

C

curts1

HH: You must be insane. Buy a history book or trying going to school for a year or two. F-ckin illiterate.

By the way, what´s your revisionist theory on Hitler and the Jews?

-BG-

First in 1939-40, then in 1944.
Did you learn your history in USSR?

I've heard that they learn a little bit different history in Russian schools...

But hey, here's some history for you HH....Russian casualty estimates vary widely — from 48,000 killed, died from wounds, and missing in action, as quoted by Soviet officials immediately after the war, to 391,800 according to some recent research. The most reliable current estimate puts the figure at 126,875.
Finland's losses were limited to 26,662 men.

The Soviet forces had four times as many soldiers as the Finns, 30 times as many aircraft and 218 times as many tanks.

Finland held out until March 1940, when it signed the Moscow Peace Treaty, ceding about 9% of its pre-war territory and 20% of its industrial capacity to the Soviet Union. Soviet losses on the front were heavy, and the country's international standing also suffered. Moreover, the fighting ability of the Red Army was questioned.

The Soviet forces did not accomplish their primary objective of the conquest of Finland but gained sufficient territory along Lake Ladoga to provide a buffer for Leningrad. The Finns retained their sovereignty.

1944 the Finns managed to stop the massive Red Army attack. The Soviets had the initiative at first and forced the Finns to retreat, but were not able to crush the Finnish Army.
The Soviet objective in the massive summer offensive of 1944 was to destroy the Finnish Army, penetrate deep into Finnish territory, and force Finland into capitulation.

These are facts...Peace..!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
hermanshooltz: You should seek some info from independed source´s -> War history!

It´s a proven fact that Finlands little,but army WITH BALLS stopped USSR invasion. A small army against HUGE army and the Germans betrayed us in the first part, but still this nation stood up against the giant!! No offence, but READ real history books, not some decades old propaganda :wink:

So you live in Saint Petersburg?? What a beautiful city you are living full of culture! I have visited Saint Petersburg couple times and I really like the vibe there! Got some brother like friends there that have showed me some hc stuff over there + the ug -culture is active :yes:

Sad if this comes one nation is better than another BS :2cents: Thats the kind of thinking that lead in WW2, let´s just stick to history, peace!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Nothing do with Swedish providence nowdays, if you took deeper look in Finnish history you will find we have always been harassed by our big neighbors in history, Sweden in west and Russia in East, but Finnish ppl have always been united!

Well I admit that might be true, just saw that post on the previous page and remembered history lessons at school, so it sounded quite ridiculos)
Anyway there've been many times in history when a small army stopped a huge one (spanish armada, etc)

Lets just hope nothing like that would ever happen again ;)

C

curts1

With people like you as historians I wouldn´t go betting on world peace.:2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts