What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Collapse of The American Dream Explained in Animation.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I met my current wife in 2003. She had made a statement that the greatest disappointment in life is human beings. I had a sober reflection on what she had said. In retrospect, it is so, so true :(

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The problem with most revolutions - is that so many people end up dying - much blood is spilt.

Now if we could come up with a way to have a peaceful revolution - when not a shot is fired - and no-one dies - that would be much more agreeable - but I very much doubt it would be possible.

Loved the presentation!

Maybe a revolution would shake things up a little?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I've considered that.

I admit feeling inspired by both the French Revolution and American Revolution.

It must be nice to believe there's hope.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
This sparked a memory - from what my old Dad used to say: (RIP)

'Son...if you knock something down, then you need to have something better to replace it with.'....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I figure if we have grown comfortable in our chains we probably don't want to tear down walls keeping us in.

I also figure if we tear them down we can not put them where they don't work again.

It's hard to hit reset when folks are struggling to stay in their rut.

I often wonder what would happen if we erased everyone's debt or shut down the power grid.

I'm going to pack the bong and imagine.

Klompen

While there's smatterings of libertarian propaganda in this video, it does address one of the two core issues of the collapse of America(aka bankers), but doesn't spend enough time covering the other major issue that is closely related; the investment class. Stock trading and the investor class it creates has absolutely wrecked this country. Investors are basically useless for the economy. They don't actually contribute anything to the businesses they invest in, but once they purchase a stock of that company they "own" it. The company is thereafter forever required to keep raising the value of those shares and even paying out dividends in many cases to people who don't do a fucking thing for the company or the economy in general. Its at the core of quantity and low costs over quality and jobs. It is a big part of what has crushed American workers and industry.

The one thing I will say about revolutions is that they tend to get hijacked by psychopaths and thus its just trading one set of psychopaths for another.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I understand your frustration Klompen. What was I supposed to do the my $$$$ hide it under a mattress. I invested heavily in stocks. Bank stock as well. Tax deferred investments as well. Worked for me...

Over 40 years I averaged about 8% return. I also have an annuity that I am drawing in in retirement....and am still invested in real estate.

Today like while I was working I paid taxes and put the $$ back into the economy by spending it helping other companies make a profit. There fore your comment about investors being useless for the economy is wrong.

As a matter of fact I built a cabin in the mountains with the returns on the bank stock. I know lots of peeps that made money off of me building the cabin...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Stock trading and the investor class it creates has absolutely wrecked this country. Investors are basically useless for the economy. They don't actually contribute anything to the businesses they invest in, but once they purchase a stock of that company they "own" it. The company is thereafter forever required to keep raising the value of those shares and even paying out dividends in many cases to people who don't do a fucking thing for the company or the economy in general.

But isn’t the owner (s) culpable? He/they took the company public to cash out on their investment, which in turn, unleashes the greed. Any passion that a company starts with typically disappears when a board takes over.

tbd

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The problem with most revolutions - is that so many people end up dying - much blood is spilt.

Now if we could come up with a way to have a peaceful revolution - when not a shot is fired - and no-one dies - that would be much more agreeable - but I very much doubt it would be possible.

G `day Gypsy

Traditionally revolutions were sparked by students .
Taken on by the working class and snow balled from there .

Problem is student loans have turned all the radicals into wage slaves who are too busy repaying usury for their education to revolt . lol .

Universities these days are very staid . Very few wild parties or radical thought . Gotta knuckle down get a degree then start paying back the debt .

A lot different to publicly funded education of years gone by .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
If everybody grew tons of food this next spring. Stopped spending money on crap we dont need. And rode bike or walked everywhere we can. This problem would start to go away.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Even if a peaceful revolution is possible and successful, there's an issue with unemployed workers skilled in a job that would be rendered obsolete.

Many office drones aren't skilled in any survival skill.

The red tape we have to go through to do anything supports these drones.

If we cut out a lot of bullshit we create millions of now useless hungry mouths.

Everybody stay where you are!

Don't question the status quo.

It may be the only thing saving your life.

:bigeye:

Brother Nature

These aren't the drones you're looking for...

hqdefault.jpg

justanotherbozo

Veteran

...the tea party started a peaceful revolution almost 10 years ago which led to Donald Trumps presidency which in turn has exposed the deep state and the lieing media.

...we are still fighting this revolution and the next battle takes place on November 6th.

...progressive liberalism is a mental disorder and Trump is the cure!

...we will take our country back and we pray you brits can do the same for your country!

bozo

Latest posts

Latest posts