What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Growers becoming obsolete

BlindDate

Veteran
I think as more and more states/countries become legal there will be less and less people on these boards. Certainly us growers will have less company. As the commercial machine puts out more and more product our craft that has been developed over the decades will retreat to the realm of hobbyist. I'm an old hobbyist. Been around since the days of Overgrow. Now I'm going to become equated to the old guy making plum wine in his basement. Or the guys who still develop film negatives in their darkrooms. AhHH...Happy Birthday to me.

hayday

Veteran
All the right things for all the right reasons my man. Personally, I dont want
store bought weed and will not support in any way shape or form.
Happy. Birthday:)

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Happy Birthday. Stay forever young at heart and keep looking at the world with renewd visions.Look for a new horizon don't be held back by heights set by the industry. We are old ganja men last of the mohichans lol.

Always remain in perfect harmony!
az

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
In my 70s... cant go out and find it on the streets anymore, no one trusts a 70 year old looking for weed. So I grow my own and take care of some close 'to old to find it on the streets' associates.

But I agree, boards will get smaller as information starts to flow by word of mouth, people are less up tight and 'growing classes' in the public education field.

CrushnYuba

These boards are already hardy trafficked. I come on here when I'm bored and to get ideas.. But most of the growers that are on here are very small personal growers. Instagram has taken allot also. I feel like I'm one of the only people that are still on here that grow for a living. My entire region grows for a living, but no one is on here.

Fortunately the real info is still here. IG,facecrap, etc..just have a bunch of know it all kids. The shit they spew is rediculous as im sure yall already know.

troutman

Seed Whore
Nothing will really change so don't let it bother you.

The Terp Tards are all going mental trying to make $$$$.

While the older growers just want to do their thing. :huggg:

Cadfael

As we rationalize ourselves to the micro brewers.

Which I do as well. I hope people will see the better quality in a non industrial, non machined quality product. But I feel it will take years (3-5?) for it to come around to this.

Everything is the new new, people will revel in the mere fact of walking into a place and seeing 20 different strains. Where they can buy B- quality for A+ prices.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm fine with the changes. I still want what I've always wanted. To be left alone to enjoy what I choose as my version of freedom.

dank.Frank

CaptainDankness

Them vape cartridges are really taking off, kind of hurts business a little bit, of course I could always make some.

Definitely not going to be as easy to make good money growing weed the prices keep dropping. Them vape cartridges can be filled with mid grade outdoor wax mixed with some nice terpines.

But fuck it, you know a big company will come out with shit like blue dream marijuana cigarettes. Lol, where it doesn't get much better, a little better sure but that will be for the real pot snobs.

We will always have homegrown though, I know I will be growing some trees in my front yard of some dank weed maybe even do a few Neville's Haze outdoors light dep in my front yard that's doable but out on the mountain no fucking way. Lol

I'm sure we'll still have a growing community better than ever really. I know I'd be growing still might become more of a hobby though.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... it's not just the old growers becoming obsolete but the memories they have of the old obsolete strains and how great the marijuana high used to be before it all went commercial.:tiphat:

St. Phatty

GOOD pot is a religious experience for many growers.

I have gotten feedback that some smokers get tearful and profusely thank the friend that shared the Cannabis with them, simply because a small amount gave them a fantastic spiritual high, and/or relieved their pain.

The dedication for quality that results in that extra good bud is hard to corporate-ize.

It usually happens because somebody grew their own medicine, with extreme attention to detail.

Also I am pretty sure that good things happen when that same attention to botanical detail is applied to plants other than Cannabis.

CrushnYuba

The small hobby or personal growers will keep growing. Its the cottage industry that has been providing our country with ganja for years that's disappearing. The family size farms. The mom and dad's that support their families with their medium sized gardens. The way of life in northern California is changing fast.
My area has very little industry that is not based on growing. There is nothing else you can support a family with. Its growers and retired folk. I'm scared for our cute little towns. Our kids are getting older and beginning to think about their futures. I have explained to them that our way of life that they were raised on, will not be an option for them. I would never encourage them to do what we do, but its sad that it isn't an option and that they will probably have to move out of our town after college to make lives for themselves. Maybe they can move back here when they are 60 and retired.
The 50 to 500lb a year farm is dying.

cyat

Veteran
The situation is all fucked up. Medical herb and rights are gone in California. Ok people think shitty pens are great and no one cares about quality. Cities like Encinitas who overwhelmingly voted to legalize now have bans on growing and selling pretty ironic stuff not super funny though. Now we need a permit to grow six plants and we have to pay for it where it’s legal still which is almost nowhere and we have to allow police in our homes anytime they want for that right so I’m pretty fucked feels like my way of life is gone now I’m back to work in a shitty job for no money

St. Phatty

Cities like Encinitas who overwhelmingly voted to legalize now have bans on growing and selling pretty ironic stuff not super funny though.

Those of us who grew long before it was re-legalized learned to be discrete and just not care what the idiotic bureaucracies conjure up.

It is becoming quite obvious that the US would rather lose World War 3, than remain the land of the free - which means relatively equal access to health care.

The US has a Caste system which works for guys like Steve Jobs getting a liver transplant.

I look around now, and do not recognize much of the US, it has been so twisted by the psychopaths that run the US medical industry.

For want of a nail, the kingdom was lost.

^ This truth is still quite operational. I am gob-smacked at how the US shuts down equal access to health care, like a Cannabis plant dying that puts every resource into seed development, so you end up with mature seeds and raggedy buds.

Latest posts

Latest posts