What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Afropips Malawi and Bagseed

Night4wings20

I was just thinking why isn't the plants showing sex yet under 10/14, went and checked the timers. I'm such a stoner lol, I've had the timers on 10/14 but instead of on/off it's been off/on...I hope this doesn't mess things up but we'll see. Damn I should have checked that like a week ago. Such an idiot haha

troutman

Seed Whore
I was gifted them through a friend of a friend of mine. This is my first time growing any type of Malawi strain so I'm very excited too!
I think I know who your friend is and the history of those Special Malawis you have there.

Ask him if he knows a Troutman. :biggrin:

BTW: The Malawis probably won't show sex for 3-5 weeks. :tiphat:

Night4wings20

I think I know who your friend is and the history of those Special Malawis you have there.

Ask him if he knows a Troutman. :biggrin:

BTW: The Malawis probably won't show sex for 3-5 weeks. :tiphat:

I'd love to hear more about the history of these if you're the friend of a friend lol.

I don't have PM privileges yet but once I do I'll ask him :biggrin:

Thank you for the advice :)

Night4wings20

I don't think my liitle mishap will affect the plants too much as it was really just a reduction in light and increase of darkness even if it was the wrong way around. I'm trying to think of it as a gradual slip into flower haha. Facepalm moment though goisus lol

Night4wings20

Oh yeah I thought I'd restart the flowering days since I didn't really have them on a flowering time. So TODAY is day 1, might as well grab some photos (later on) and restart the 3 day updates too.

Night4wings20

Just gave the plants a eco-neem spray. Fungas gnats are starting to show up, shouldn't be too much of a problem with how long these will be in flower but just to make sure, gotta keep my plants happy :)

Night4wings20

Day 3 of flower.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Does this look similar to the males coloration? :tiphat:

Here's 2 pics of the same Malawi Gold (African Seeds) Plant #1 which was topped. In the 1st pic you can notice the
bottom stems are dark red unlike the top of the plant. In the second pic you can notice the dark red on the right side
more easily. I do regret not taking pics as it flowered because I remember it was a lot more red when the pollen was
flying. I don't keep clones like some people do. But I wish I had one from him.

Having 1000's of seed that he and his brother made makes me happy though. :D

picture.php

picture.php

Night4wings20

Here's 2 pics of the same Malawi Gold (African Seeds) Plant #1 which was topped. In the 1st pic you can notice the
bottom stems are dark red unlike the top of the plant. In the second pic you can notice the dark red on the right side
more easily. I do regret not taking pics as it flowered because I remember it was a lot more red when the pollen was
flying. I don't keep clones like some people do. But I wish I had one from him.

Having 1000's of seed that he and his buddy made makes me happy though. :D

I see what you mean by the bottom part being red, I notice that where the color spreads from is the same as my Malawi 3. Seems to start on the main stem at each node. Were the flower clusters red at all or was it just the stem? Did you have something else to breed with them that you wanted too or something? I'm not much of clone person either.

Haha I bet it does mate, it sure makes me happy/excited. Malawi 1 smells very intense, hopefully they're both female because after week 1 of veg you could already see the difference in phenotypic expression between only 2 plants. Good variety :tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
Only the stems had some red.

The Malawis you're growing are the kids that male and his brother made. :laughing:

I posted new Afropips Malawi pics in my album tonight.

I'm almost at week 16 of flowering with lots of pure seeds on the way. :peek:

Night4wings20

The Malawi 3 is showing red on top of the leaf stems too, must have increased the allele with the crossing maybe?

Great looking kids if I must say haha.

I'll check them out, very nice! From what Tang has told me Malawis flower for 3-4 months depending on light schedule/genetics. You must be close to being finisned?

troutman

Seed Whore
The Afropips take 16 to 18 weeks so I'm seeing now. I am close to being done. I'm just letting the
plants go longer to maximize my seed harvest. To get the highest yields of good quality seeds let
the plants die if you can. If you want weed grow for weed. if you want seed grow for seeds.

Try to avoid doing both with the same plants if you want the best of either.

Latest posts

Latest posts