What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'In Search of the ULTIMATE SATIVA and INDICA'....(Rare Land-Race Hunting.)

Mengsk

A shop nearby carries items made in Nepal.

Attachments

• Khukuri.jpg
    Khukuri.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 11

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Of course I was not happy that some customs agent had been drilling into the scabbards of the Kukri's - but my anger was soon abated - once I had prepared and consumed a chillum full of the hash, that had actually made it, to be back in my possession - then nothing much seemed to matter any more.

I would honestly be more pissed about them drilling into the kukris that losing the hash!

This is insanely cool! Make sure wherever you're going isn't hostile to foreigners taking their seeds, haha. That's priority #1.

I don't know where real landraces still exist that aren't tainted by hybrid genetics, honestly. But I always wanted to try African & Thai strains from the '70s. Those would obviously be sativas. Indicas are gonna be in the Middle Eastern regions which I know nothing about. It would suck to get there & find nothing, so hopefully you can chat with someone who actually lives in those regions before going to see if it's a worthwhile venture.

Please update us when you get to your destination(s)! This is everyone's dream life, I'm sure. It's what I'd probably do with my retirement if I could afford it :p

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Of course I was not happy that some customs agent had been drilling into the scabbards of the Kukri's - but my anger was soon abated - once I had prepared and consumed a chillum full of the hash, that had actually made it, to be back in my possession - then nothing much seemed to matter any more.

Funny how good hash tends to do that hey Gypsy!!! :)

I can still taste the Nepalese Fingers and Temple Balls I had access to back in the 70's...man that was some good shit!

Peace
BM

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I love the pictures of the high mountains and the lower cannabis fields. Please keep them coming to us.

mack 10

Veteran
I was having a masala chai at a corrugated tin and rock (real hard rock cafe) tea hut and got chatting to a guy who told me he had plants,went down the valley with him and he had a few beside his house,great smells,grapefruit in a skunky type of way,his wife lent me her billhook and I chopped loads of branches,we left them on a tarp on the roof to dry,I was stinking of weed,I declined his offer to sample some hash and settled for another tea instead.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Someone asked if I was traveling alone or with a friend,..

View Image

You turned down his hash?
I bet you missed s treat there!

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cracking thread and fantastic work by our brothers keep the updates flowing and best of luck as always stay safe :tiphat:

S

Sertaiz

i was assuming he meant bhang masala chai but sometimes just chai is the dank. good homeade chai is something special

I'm tagging along for the rest of this epic journey! Landrace genetics have had my attention for a while. One of these days I'll get my grubby little mitts on some old world seeds to play with. I bet the local cuisine took some getting used to! Goat is delicious, Tastes similar to venison in my opinion. It does get tough if it isnt cooked right... safe travels and keep them awesome pictures coming!

romanoweed

Why not send very small Amonts of seeds (2-3)together with Corn-Tops, or in other Flowers still inside Earth, very dry Earth, and Seeds into Earth. Or same with Mushrooms. And additional even paint the Seeds with a transparent Grey Color, so they look rotten.. At least thats how i would do it one by one. 3Seeds by 3Seeds by 3Seeds.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Why not send very small Amonts of seeds (2-3)together with Corn-Tops, or in other Flowers still inside Earth, very dry Earth, and Seeds into Earth. Or same with Mushrooms. And additional even paint the Seeds with a transparent Grey Color, so they look rotten.. At least thats how i would do it one by one. 3Seeds by 3Seeds by 3Seeds.

3 seeds a time would take a life time and cost a million quid in postage mate :biggrin:

romanoweed

Yes, i forgot to Count the males...mamamia. but if you could determine before wich is male wich not, then with say 4 seeds you got surely one Reproductio.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
3 seeds a time would take a life time and cost a million quid in postage mate :biggrin:

I know you'll need them for breeding and seed production, but will some virgin Napal seeds be available for sale?

I can imagine you're racking up quite the expense bill in this hunt.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - I should think so, once they find their way back to Europe - When sending seeds from such remote areas - you can never be absolutely sure of receiving them - hopefully they arrive intact.

We will let you know if and when they show up.

I know you'll need them for breeding and seed production, but will some virgin Napal seeds be available for sale?

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran

They will all be for sale in our new landrace category if an when the SeedHunter turns up he’s been off grid and out of contact all week I hope to god he’s ok , and just living with some friendly farmers an no WiFi network etc ..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
They will all be for sale in our new landrace category if an when the SeedHunter turns up he’s been off grid and out of contact all week I hope to god he’s ok , and just living with some friendly farmers an no WiFi network etc ..

Awesome!
Sending good vibes his way.

okay i looked up a post from bodhi at https://www.thc.farmer.com/communit...reservation-collection-project-nov-2008.3837/
remove the extra period after thc to visit the link
here is the text and photo of the one that caught my eye

these is bodhi's quote and picture not mine

start quote

village: chitre
elevation: 2200m?
classification: tall purple christmass tree mountain sativa
aroma: purple, grape, nag champa, burgandy, rich urkle like aroma.
notes: very simmilar to the chuile purple, except smaller seeds and stature, and a deeper more sublime aroma.

picture.php

picture.php

bodhi's pictures not mine
end quote

if you could go to nepal and fetch some of these seeds, that'd be great

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts