You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Starke's Story: An LED Tale

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Starke's Story: An LED Tale Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2017, 10:26 PM #21
El Tigre

El Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the rough
Hey Starke, nice show! Big things here, that panel seems to be very potent. I agree better to keep an eye to eventually bleaching leaves.
Why you went with 5 plants instead of 6 for example? Legal number or a technical choice?

Old 07-09-2017, 10:50 PM #22
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
Welcome El Tigre. Went with five instead of six to make it a little easier to get to the underside of the two rear plants in case I put up a Scrog. The way my tent sits in my room I do not have access to the rear windows/inspection ports above the rear plants. Since I only grow for personal and family use, I'm not worried about the lost yield. Actually thought about only doing four, but then greed kicked in.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2017, 06:46 PM #23
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
Pulled the girls out this morning to inspect for light burn and a little LST. Below are pics of each plant taken outside in natural sunlight. Plant #3 is in the center position in the tent and would be most subject to light burn. All opinions appreciated.

Plant 1:

Plant 2:

Plant 3:

Plant 4:

Plant 5:

“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Last edited by starke; 07-13-2017 at 08:03 PM..
starke is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:57 PM #24
starke

Did a little LST.

(Deleted five redundant photos 7/11)

Peace,
starke

Last edited by starke; 07-11-2017 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Redundant photos
starke is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2017, 07:23 PM #25
saitama

saitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nice
Definitely light burn, IMHumbleO. Raise the light up higher or get some greenhouse film and a PAR meter. You can see the light burn in the corners of the other plants that are toward the center.

Even with my dimming unit, I am still having this issue myself.
saitama is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2017, 07:27 PM #26
starke

Once I got them outside in natural light I thought that was what I might be seeing also. Big thanks for the heads up saitama. Any recommendations on a PAR meter?

starke is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2017, 07:30 PM #27
saitama

saitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nice
I'm just using a cheap (by comparison) hydrofarm unit. If you get one, make sure it is around 2000 umols in afternoon sun. My first one was 2400umols in the sun and was defective. Good luck man this thing is a beast to tame. I ended up turning her up because I was losing density in my outer buds and I'm still getting bleaching.
saitama is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2017, 07:38 PM #28
starke

Never expected to be bitching about an LED being too strong. It is one hell of a light.

starke is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2017, 11:51 PM #29
El Tigre

El Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the roughEl Tigre is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Welcome El Tigre. Went with five instead of six to make it a little easier to get to the underside of the two rear plants in case I put up a Scrog. The way my tent sits in my room I do not have access to the rear windows/inspection ports above the rear plants. Since I only grow for personal and family use, I'm not worried about the lost yield. Actually thought about only doing four, but then greed kicked in.
ahah seems legit man!
I also agree, looks like the LEDs are bleaching a little your plants.
I've experienced in a small scale and I suggest to react quick if you can. For my limited experience CalMag could help.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:39 PM #30
starke

Just put a tape on the light height and discovered the girls had grown to where there was only 26 inches between the tops and the lenses. Moved the light back up to 36 inches. Did a little more LST and also rotated the plants to different positions to try and help even out exposure to the center COBs. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the light burn.

Last edited by starke; 07-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Content and spelling
starke is offline Quote