You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Starke's Story: An LED Tale

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Starke's Story: An LED Tale Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2017, 11:47 PM #11
paper thorn

paper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to beholdpaper thorn is a splendid one to behold
Howdy Starke, it's good to see a hempy grow. I ran them years ago and loved them.
I used the original mix like you. the only way to run hempys in my opinion.

I use coco now and love it. I thought about using a hempy bucket with coco, but it's really about the same as just using a pot. i like the drainage of a regular pot, though with a fast growing plant it's probably going to suck up the res in a hempy bucket.

i like that you put straight perlite in the bottom.

i also like LEDs. I have a 205 watt hydrogrow LED that i use in veg nowadays over my moms, they get huge too fast.

i'll be watching, good luck

NFT, Bubba, rocks, cats, dogs and stuff Current Grow (sorta)

Old Seeds, New Strains (not) current grow OLD thread

Come on son 3600 watts OLDER thread

Great song, check it out.

Ray Hubbard singing Beauty Way

Quote:
im babbling again i see,better get to trimming....and some rush 2112!
unclefishstick

Rachel Flotard sing Anchor Song, she's so perfect, maybe it's the hair

Blaze Foley singing WW3, cool song
paper thorn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:30 PM #12
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
Thanks for the encouragement paper thorn. I'm excited to see what the Hempys can do. Strictly a soil grower until now so I'm still getting used to the idea. Love my LEDs too.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2017, 11:08 PM #13
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
Time for a weekly update. The ladies completed their first week of veg without any issues and are looking happy at the moment. They were topped on the 27th and fed again at half strength. Yesterday, 6/30, they received their first full strength (1 tsp per gallon) feeding.

One Week Ago:

Today:

Peace.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Last edited by starke; 08-25-2017 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: Pics
starke is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 PM #14
starke

Today marks the end of two weeks in the tent and two weeks since transplant into the Hempy Buckets.

In reading the Hempy thread I saw many mentions of the increase in growth that occurs when the roots initially reach the reservoir in the bottom of the bucket. This past week I witnessed this phenomenon first hand and must say I’m impressed. The girls have not doubled in size from a week ago, but I bet they have grown by a third anyway. Unlike any growth I have ever experienced in soil.

I am debating about topping them again but with the branching going on, I may not need to.

I’m not used to my plants being this dark green using Maxibloom at 7 grams per gallon. In soil they were not this green and at times I felt they needed more N. Think I’m going to back the feed down a bit the next couple of feedings and see what happens. No burnt tips yet but I don’t want any.

I am also debating whether to build a scrog or just LST then Supercrop as needed. I’m thinking that at this growth rate I will be flipping in about two weeks.

One week ago:

Today:

Last edited by starke; 08-25-2017 at 07:22 PM..
starke is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2017, 10:50 PM #15
starke

A picture of each girl from the top:

Peace,
starke

starke is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 08:09 AM #16
saitama

saitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nice
Looking good!

It looks like you may be experiencing similar issues to mine with regard to the hot spot in the middle of the light.
saitama is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 02:27 PM #17
starke

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitama View Post
Looking good!

It looks like you may be experiencing similar issues to mine with regard to the hot spot in the middle of the light.
Thanks for checking in. It's hard for me to tell regarding the hot spot. I'm unsure if the lighter green on top I am seeing is due to new growth or light bleaching. I have not moved the light from it's original 36" height above the plants on day one. Given their growth, the gap is probably down to 28" - 30" though I have not put a tape on it. Will start paying closer attention. Thanks.

Last edited by starke; 07-09-2017 at 04:08 PM..
starke is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 08:47 PM #18
saitama

saitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nicesaitama is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Thanks for checking in. It's hard for me to tell regarding the hot spot. I'm unsure if the lighter green on top I am seeing is due to new growth or light bleaching. I have not moved the light from it's original 36" height above the plants on day one. Given their growth, the gap is probably down to 28" - 30" though I have not put a tape on it. Will start paying closer attention. Thanks.
Try switching your camera to pro/manual mode and switching the white balance to 4500K or taking the plants out of the tent and take a picture. I'm pretty sure it's bleaching :(
saitama is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 09:08 PM #19
starke

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitama View Post
Try switching your camera to pro/manual mode and switching the white balance to 4500K or taking the plants out of the tent and take a picture. I'm pretty sure it's bleaching :(
Thanks for the advice.

I'll be pulling the plants out in the morning for some LST so I'll do a close inspection and get some pics in natural daylight.

starke is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 09:10 PM #20
saitama

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I'll be pulling the plants out in the morning for some LST so I'll do a close inspection and get some pics in natural daylight.
I hope it is fast growth! But if not, its really helpful to know what to look for. Good luck!!

edit: looked at your pics again. If you look at where the yellowing is, it's toward the center of the tent. I could definitely be wrong and hope I am.

Last edited by saitama; 07-09-2017 at 09:24 PM..
saitama is offline Quote