What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help! My first grow(microgrow)

Kongdong

Hi,

I have recently started the journey of my first grow, and today I noticed that the seedling had made its way above the soil, but the color of the stem is concerning me. It appears to be a brownish color near the bottom of them stem and green closer to the top. Is this normal for a new seedling? Is there anything I can do to save it if this is bad? Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_5111.jpg
    IMG_5111.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5110.jpg
    IMG_5110.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 9

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a clear pic, but yes, would say it's "normal".
What seedling are you growing?

Kongdong

Thank you for such a fast response! It is dwarf low flyer from crop king seeds. It seemed like a good choice for a first time grow. Also I am using a growbox with a single 45w LED panel. I figure that should be enough light for the small space and the walls are all covered in Mylar film to help maximize the effects.

Kongdong

I read that the brown stem could mean there is a fungus of some sort attacking the seedling, does anyone else have any insight on this?

atk7

Relax, give it some time . Don't overwater, as this will cause fungus issues etc. Way too soon to start fixing anything

Kongdong

Looks like it is growing good now that it has been about a week. Does anyone know what kind of yield I can expect from this kind of grow? I have a scrog screen set up and I am using a 45w led panel.

Tri_Cho_Me

I would agree. Be patient. Best words of advice I was given in the beginning.

Also, as atk7 suggested, do not overwater. Probably the most common mistake amongst new growers. Use a dropper for that first week or two.

I haven't done autoflowers before, but I would imagine with the small space and small light, maybe an ounce or two dry? Just a guess though.

Tri_Cho_Me

Kongdong

Thank you for the advice, I have been very careful with the watering! Being patient is definitely the hardest part. That would exceed my expectations if I got that much! Thanks for the fast response

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, when using LEDs, 1g/w should always be a (realistic) goal.
Then again, dwarf low flyer ? Sweet baby jesus, I have never heard of that strain...
Don't jump the gun, have a little patience, it's what makes this hobby so beautiful after all.
If you know your yield when you germinate the seedl... that's like a spoiler alert! like someone telling you what's on the last page of that good book you just started reading ;-)
Take it easy, the biggest mistake and at the same time the one you're most likely to make is overdo everything(especially watering & nutes). Sit back, relax, you'll be alright...
CC

What is the size of your growbox?

Idk how much good a SCROG will do since it is an autoflower, perhaps someone else can provide some more insight to that. Just me but I would just let it grow and maybe do some LST so it doesn't get too big for the box if that could be a concern.

Kongdong

What is the size of your growbox?

Idk how much good a SCROG will do since it is an autoflower, perhaps someone else can provide some more insight to that. Just me but I would just let it grow and maybe do some LST so it doesn't get too big for the box if that could be a concern.

The box itself is 20" tall, 15" wide, 15" deep. I'm hoping the scrog can hold back the growth until it flowers.

Hmm

Hmm

Greetings! Good luck on your first grow mate! That excitement never goes away! I am interested to see what your setup looks like, a 20" box with a SCROG in it sounds interesting. Not trolling, generally curious as to how it is all working out. Happy gardening!

Kongdong

So far so good. I'm on day 20 now, new LED light installed a couple weeks ago. It's a 300w HIGROW with about 130 actual watts being used. I attached some pictures :tiphat:

Attachments

• grow1.jpg
    grow1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 12
  • grow2.jpg
    grow2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 8
  • grow3.jpg
    grow3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 9

Kongdong

Would a diy mini carbon scrubber eliminate the smell if i placed it inside the growbox with a fan on top? Both air vents are layered with carbon pads, but would it make sense to knock out the smell on the inside like that? I don't want to make any more big adjustments, so I figured I could simply place it in the corner of the box with a pc fan on the top of it pushing the air inside of the box through it.

I typically have at least one on the inside scrubbing what is being pushed out and then another on the outside scrubbing it again. If that makes sense. I

300WLED30x30x60

So far so good. I'm on day 20 now, new LED light installed a couple weeks ago. It's a 300w HIGROW with about 130 actual watts being used. I attached some pictures :tiphat:

awesome little set up. i got a similiar light too. in a smallspace 30x30x60cm. What seeds have you planted ?

peace:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts