What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green crack s1's

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Found 4 in 14g.

picture.php

So I did a little research.

The Cush or Green Crack as y'all call it came from Athens, Ga in either '90 or '91. In 1989 someone out on the river bought some seeds from SSSC...two strains- silver haze and skunk #1. The SH still floats around the SE to this day, as does it's daughter the SilverHazexWhiteWidow i.e. widowhaze. The SK1 that popped was called the Jabberwocky and can still be found ever so occasionally as it sits with the friends of the people who originally ordered it. In 1990 the Jabberwocky was being grown in a room where the AC had a small light on it and it caused some female pollen to happen. In the same room were some of the afgani's that come from SE Ohio seedstock, the same stock that was given to the GD family way back when. One of the buds from that run had a seed, which was popped by one of the gutter crew. When he grew it up the first time some friends of mine were smoking it with him and he said "man this tastes like Kush"...and as he is a failure at spelling he labeled the strain with "cush" written on the dixie cups he was using. It has no Kush in it...and by definition it is a "super skunk" as it is SK1xAfgani. I believe that the mitochondrial DNA is that of the Afgani, as the GC has a lot more of those characteristics. It was female pollen which would explain the loss of some of the "Road Kill Skunk" smell of one of her mothers.

the traits that seem to be dominate are in structure, odor, and resin content. still working on learning all of her nuances (as far as genetics go). most of the crosses we've used her in have exceded the original so as far as breeding stock goes, she is fucking incredible. i could see where you could pump the shit out of her and get sub-quality smoke but when run properly, she's a true dream. almost everything in one package. if i had to complain about something it would be the flavor. kinda hashy/skunky but otherwise, kinda bland. that has always been her one weakness in my mind. working on some berry (godberry, hashberry) outcrosses to hopefully improve on that.

have to agree 100%. not the most potent strain ever and i also agree it's not a 3+hour high by any means, i just don't think it's the slouch most people make it out to be. DEFINITELY an elite and for good reason. preliminary crosses to a haze hybrid have increased the duration so i'm guessing the duration is recessive. i do kinda feel the gc gets a bad rep because people juice the shit out of her leading to poor burning, poor tasting herb. genetically speaking, she's a real gem.

Last edited:

theJointedOne

Veteran
Outdoor?

Did you self or you just think that's what happened?

If they are true GC s1 that would be interesting for sure. GC is awesome

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I got 5 seeds out of a half.

Might me a cross, but the number of seeds are a clue that they are selfies, imo.

mule420

My pheno of GC is fast growing and needs support has hollow stems so tying up the massive colas is a must! It has a orange and skunk funk that is loud as hell! Your going to need a good carbon filter! Crazy resin close to glue levels and she will throw a few seeds late in flower as you found... I could care less about the seeds as they are mature and not pinhead ones... Been running it for a year or so, easy to clone. Massive fist sized colas be prepared to tie it up!

Tri_Cho_Me

So does finding seeds in your weed that you obtain (however) mean that whoever grew that plant, had it hermie? Or you're smoking a product that was allowed to be pollinated?

Edumacate me :D

Tri_Cho_Me

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Down to just 3. 2 of them were lagging behind so...

All 3 are rather stocky and have a similar tropical fruity stem rub.

raven44

I just finished a green crack bag seed grow lol

I got one seed out of a zip

It turned out to be a girl :)

She looked good so I flowered her and she yeilded nicely. She could have yeilder a good bit more too

Attachments

• 20161008_084837.jpg
    20161008_084837.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20161008_084816.jpg
    20161008_084816.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 11

raven44

Being outdoor herb there is a small chance the seed was not from a hermaphrodite flower inducing self pollenation. It could have been male pollen from who knows where. Most likely would have to be male that wasn't killed or the neighbors growing males for breeding and some pollen blowing down wind then landing on ur flowers...

That's what I always hope for lol

This g.c. was a heavy feeder, no signs of male flowers all through flower so my buddy is gonna clone her and keep her around possibly

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I had to hold them back until yesterday, but they are cloned and in for sexing. 1 tall, 1 short and 1 medium. The shorter one smelled the strongest when cutting clones.

Sub'd

Love me a good bag seed grow. That bud looked pretty fire too :laughing:

Good luck with the grow, I would be hoping for a random male pollinating than selfing if I were you. :biggrin:

Let's see how things turn out with the clones in flowering.