What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Portland Super Cup

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reminding ya'll of the Portland super cup coming up this weekend in River City, and announcing that Skunk Pharm Research will have a booth!

Pharmer Joe, Eloquent Solution, Graywolf, and Dr Kate will be tending the booth, so if you attend, do drop by and exchange the secret handshake!

Old friends and new friendly sisters of pulchritude are encouraged to exchange hugs as well, though Eloquent Solution and Dr Kate prefer hunks!

We'd like to enter a concentrate cup eventually, boss says he's still trying to figure out how to do it as a legal 502 entity :-/ Have fun this year though! We've got a couple of team members that will be in the area I think, I'll send them your way!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what venue?

I received this email today,

The Secret Cup PDX
We will be at The Secret Cup this weekend in Portland, OR if anyone is in the area. It is being held at Refuge in downtown Portland. It looks like tickets are still available to the cup as well as the after party. It will be an epic show and we hope to see some of you there!

Copyright © 2015 Terpp Extractors, All rights reserved.
You subscribed.

Our mailing address is:
Terpp Extractors
219 North Timberline Rd
Ft Collins, Co 80524

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I received this email today,

The Secret Cup PDX
We will be at The Secret Cup this weekend in Portland, OR if anyone is in the area. It is being held at Refuge in downtown Portland. It looks like tickets are still available to the cup as well as the after party. It will be an epic show and we hope to see some of you there!

Copyright © 2015 Terpp Extractors, All rights reserved.
You subscribed.

Our mailing address is:
Terpp Extractors
219 North Timberline Rd
Ft Collins, Co 80524

Yup Terpp Extractors are here! I met Austin's dad and the rest of the crew last night and had dinner with them at Ringside East.

The event is in SE Portland, in the 100 block near the waterfront.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
116 SE Yamhill

Terpp Extractors, Sweetleaf, and Subzero all with displays and Skunk Pharm Research to deliver an hour talk on cannabis extraction from 3:00P to 4:00P today.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Upon viewing the test results, it's apparent that these competitions are not geared towards professionals, but just the hype boys. Ppm results as high as 8000 and no pesticide screening. All these people bragging about cups.....once a competition utilizes test results as potential disqualifying I must say they are a joke.

Show me a competition that test for ppms and pesticides before handing out judges packs of poison. Congrats to Regis for his awards!! The cleanest meds I've had the pleasure of sampling. Much respect!!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wasn't a judge at this one, but I wholeheartedly agree. Laboratory screening should be done before it is passed to the judges, and I've judged at competitions where that wasn't done.

JColtrane

Upon viewing the test results, it's apparent that these competitions are not geared towards professionals, but just the hype boys. Ppm results as high as 8000 and no pesticide screening. All these people bragging about cups.....once a competition utilizes test results as potential disqualifying I must say they are a joke.

Show me a competition that test for ppms and pesticides before handing out judges packs of poison. Congrats to Regis for his awards!! The cleanest meds I've had the pleasure of sampling. Much respect!!

Doesn't surprise me in the least .... you'd be amazed at how many of the competitor still use can gas, I mean big name guys

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doesn't surprise me in the least .... you'd be amazed at how many of the competitor still use can gas, I mean big name guys

Big names.. and nearly all are unaware of my endeavor to try and determine which brands might actually be a better choice. Refined Hydrocarbon Solutions has a Long Beach California location now, my health is coming back, and I'm opening my self up to the possibility of driving over and picking some small tanks for non-volatile (mystery oil) testing.

Yeah the judging was hard to get through knowing that I was dabbing plenty of eagle 20. Personally I would like to see a pesticide/fungicide pre screen above all else.

Lots of open blast for sure, you can differentiate them based on their neopentane content. Cough cough highest Terps cough cough 2320ppm pentane/neopentane. It's easy to keep Terps when you leave that much gas in, the skill comes with removing solvent but leaving Terps. There should be a 500ppm cutoff and that's being generous. I have been told by many that people own closed loops but still open blast for cups.

I found it funny that they were freaking out about mold on buds but never even mentioned pesticides in concentrates. I bet half of the entries would have failed pesticide or solvent screening. It would be harder logistically to get it all tested prior, plus all those sub par makers complaining about their samples buttering.

Our winning sample #14 was a 707 headband live resin, clear gold shatter, which tested at <10ppm solvent and was clear of pesticides/fungicides (I had it tested prior, plus I don't use that shit.)
So at least a clean closed loop sample prevailed! ;) thanks for the shoutout perm

Our winning sample #14 was a 707 headband live resin, clear gold shatter, which tested at <10ppm solvent and was clear of pesticides/fungicides (I had it tested prior, plus I don't use that shit.)
So at least a clean closed loop sample prevailed! ;) thanks for the shoutout perm

Congrats on winning RegisPhilburn. If you don't mind can you share a bit about having <10ppm residual solvents. No need to go into specifics but are you using the highest quality solvent with a standard vacuum oven, or are you doing a secondary process to removing residuals?

I'm currently using the 99.99% butane and propane from Refined Hydrocarbon with standard purging, but haven't produced anything for sales so have not had it tested. Having the lowest possible residual solvent levels while retaining as much of the plant properties is a goal of mine.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Not to sounds like a total prick Sym, but your asking him to share cup winning tech, on an open public forum. To establish a good purging tech you will spend thousand of dollars on analytical results and hrs of r&d.

Regardless if your products are intended for retail outlets, spending the money on analytics and spending the time developing your own data and tech should be a priority. There's not too much to getting low ppms other than patience and data.