What's new

Advanced Platinum LED?

ballplayer 2

I see different opinions about these LED's on different forums. Is there anyone here who is familiar with these lights?

I am thinking of pairing a p450 with a 400 MH in a 5' x 3.5' space. Also have a few Kessil spotlights for dim areas.

Don't want to fully invest in LED quite yet...just test the waters. I only want to spend about $600 max. I should note I want to stay in the 275-400 true watt range for ease of pairing with a timer.

Interested in thoughts and opinions about these lights. I don't want to waste my money, but can't afford a $1500 panel yet. Thank you for the help.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's just an ok led. For $395 you can buy a true 150w led designed by a cannabis grower

Kessils are a joke for cannabis. Better to add a second Amare Technologies Solar Spec 150, which can be electrically piggybacked

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wtf is it? the p450 has 150x3w leds and consumes 270w but apparently replaces a 600w hps while looking like every other piece of shit chinese led light on the market?

why the fuck wouldnt you get

http://growershouse.com/california-light-works-solar-storm-400w-led-renewed?

Calm down!

Folks asking this question usually do not know 0.01% of what we know.

Neither is everyone a shill.

Neither am I, though it seems that way. But the fact is, Amare Technologies panels are better than competing cannabis specific
commercial led panels (and the only one with a 2+ year track record is A51- that I know of). On another grow site, Hyroot compared an Amare SS 100 EQUALLY to a a51 SGS 160!

Amare is competitively priced, with USA warranty/servicing

AND FYI, Amare trounces CLW. Do your Fn homework:biggrin:

Dion

but amere tech uses epistar chips?

also how come i cant see prices on the site?

which model clw does which model amare lash up? id love to see that data

i dont think clw is all that but just throwing out a proven led for the same price with a lot more power

positivity

Veteran
If it quacks like a duck..

How can you recommend amare when you haven't grown what most would consider a nice harvest yet. Not even very healthy plants really..

Just keeping it real..

Hy grew a nice plant but no better than a cpu cooler and cob could do

Best bet for led is to wait a month...lots of good cob led lights on the way. There should be good deals to be had with the competition that'll be going on

Or the best... Study and build your own. All you gotta do is connect positive and negative...

I'll try and put together a ultra simple video one day hopefully..

Dready_jake

Calm down!

Folks asking this question usually do not know 0.01% of what we know.

Neither is everyone a shill.

Neither am I, though it seems that way. But the fact is, Amare Technologies panels are better than competing cannabis specific
commercial led panels (and the only one with a 2+ year track record is A51- that I know of). On another grow site, Hyroot compared an Amare SS 100 EQUALLY to a a51 SGS 160!

Amare is competitively priced, with USA warranty/servicing

AND FYI, Amare trounces CLW. Do your Fn homework:biggrin:

You're plants don't show it. You only rep them so hard cuz he gave you a light.

Do research and find "PROOF' of quality on these forums And you will end up with a solid light. Chances are someone grew with it And can tell you yay of nay. I'd recommend a light that gets me great results, Amazing quality and a gram per watt on average. But if I mention this company petflora might get upset again. And start talking shit about my light. Lol

positivity

Veteran
Yup Pacific, heaven bright, area 51,.... Plus more I'm sure to come

Ain't about bashing anyone either. But I read this sh@t and it's my opinion

Dion

You're plants don't show it. You only rep them so hard cuz he gave you a light.

Do research and find "PROOF' of quality on these forums And you will end up with a solid light. Chances are someone grew with it And can tell you yay of nay. I'd recommend a light that gets me great results, Amazing quality and a gram per watt on average. But if I mention this company petflora might get upset again. And start talking shit about my light. Lol

what light u got chief?

Dready_jake

Htg supply. It's the 135 watt model that draws about 90 watts. I bought it going on 4 years ago for I think it was $180 shipped. Been growing with such a small light for so long because I couldnt afford an upgrade and unfortunately am still saving up lol. Im saving up for their large "810 watt" model unless j find something comparible in Price and quality.

Could we design a better light ?undoubtedly. But for $900 I could get a true 500 watt led with a spectrum I know does amazing things.

Building my own "1000watt killer" is high on my list but I can't delve into a project like that for a little while

Edit: hey dion, have you stopped by my LED frostiest bud thread? ↓↓ I figure you have plenty to contribute :D

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it quacks like a duck..

How can you recommend amare when you haven't grown what most would consider a nice harvest yet. Not even very healthy plants really..

Just keeping it real..

Hy grew a nice plant but no better than a cpu cooler and cob could do

Best bet for led is to wait a month...lots of good cob led lights on the way. There should be good deals to be had with the competition that'll be going on

Or the best... Study and build your own. All you gotta do is connect positive and negative...

I'll try and put together a ultra simple video one day hopefully..

LOL

You're entitled to your opinion, but I do not grow for grams per watt: I grow for quality.

So these 8-11" long fat buds didn't do it for you under 260w? Hmmmmm

View attachment 320831 View attachment 320832

And FYI 2-3 plants under one led should give a greater gpw, no? But I grow ONE.

Go to my thread to see the reveg after one month

I do agree DIY holds great promise, but not all of us are willing to DIY.

However, I do think Heavens Bright will bring me closest- aluminum angle bars + small cob heat sinks. the design makes sense to me, and should be super easy to DIY

positivity

Veteran
Can't assume adding plants will exponentially increase yield.

Yup.. Just my opinion. Just like the single t8 for uv. That's like putting a grain of salt on a steak and calling it seasoned. Nice marketing crapola

If you grew for quality your plants would show it.

Just forum debates right..

Dready_jake

Can't assume adding plants will exponentially increase yield.

Yup.. Just my opinion. Just like the single t8 for uv. That's like putting a grain of salt on a steak and calling it seasoned. Nice marketing crapola

If you grew for quality your plants would show it.

Just forum debates right..
Exactly where is this quality you speak of.

And in a world where we are trying to make a name for leds AGAINST the long standing hps,....

GPW AAAANNNNDDD QUALITY BOTH MATTER.
otherwise hps will always win. Were trying to show that LEDs can beat hps. And when we have quality and quantity coming from LEDs for a decent price then LEDs win.

And number of plants does not equal more weight. I have 9 under it now and I've gotten a gpw from a single plant.

Dready_jake

LOL

You're entitled to your opinion, but I do not grow for grams per watt: I grow for quality.

So these 8-11" long fat buds didn't do it for you under 260w? Hmmmmm

View attachment 320831 View attachment 320832

And FYI 2-3 plants under one led should give a greater gpw, no? But I grow ONE.

Go to my thread to see the reveg after one month

I do agree DIY holds great promise, but not all of us are willing to DIY.

However, I do think Heavens Bright will bring me closest- aluminum angle bars + small cob heat sinks. the design makes sense to me, and should be super easy to DIY

BTW 8"-11"? Your not supposed to include all that stem. Is that how you get your.5 a watt? All stems? Lol

And is that all you got from 250 watts?

Here is one of my plants

Last edited:

Phychotron

Not sure how the Platinum LED works, but it is not a good investment in today's market. The light is not modular so that when it breaks it will need to be sent in for repair, and will cost a lot after the warranty period is over. Moreover, they're trying to piggyback on Advanced LED's name.

I just sent my Advanced LED DS400 back because a row of diodes went out 2.5 yrs into a 3 yr warranty. They needed to solder the new diodes in but when they got it they noticed they sold me an earlier version that didn't have all the heat sinks it needed. They completely replaced the lower half of the light (all the diodes and full size heat sink). Basically rendering it brand new again right before it went off warranty. Its non modular, but still a good light for the time when it came out. I'd recommend their new XML650 (listed $1600, I paid $1435.50) with lifetime warranty (as long as they are in business they will send you parts for it).

And since were posting nugs in this thread now... this was under the DS400 and some other lights were off to the sides for other plants.

picture.php

Grapegod, Day 51, chopped early.

Dready_jake

Well it seemed applicable. I figured proof is in the puddin so...pictures!

Also on a side note holy shit nice pudding.lol
Helluva cola my friend!

See that is the proof I was talking about!

ballplayer 2

Thank you for the input guys. I had considered advanced LED's,but I also remember hearing about their LED's staying lit (very dimly) after they were supposed to be turned off via timer. That sounds like a terrible pain in the button to me. I would consider an xml 350, a 650 just is not in my budget.

Thank you for the help. Please keep the input coming.

Phychotron

You might have heard about the generic brands that mimic their light, they say Advanced or Diamond and have their case design. In 2011 they started using a company called E-shine to build their lights, but quality was not up to their standards (I have some earlier lights, they were a bit problematic with power supplies and short wires coming loose, as well as my DS400 that was sent in was replaced) and Eshine was PISSED. You can find the knock offs on ebay and amazon real easily, but I wouldn't advise going that route.

Moreover, if a light continues to get power via an OFF timer, it is the faulty timer that is delivering it power--thats the timers job, to supply it with electricity or not--nowhere in between. I remember people having this problem with various types of lights on timers over the past few years. There are no circuits that hold electricity, just power drivers, fans and diodes.

After dealing with Advanced LED I can tell you that those people will not let you have a faulty light--they would replace it if there was anything wrong with it, no questions asked.

As for the 350 vs 650 you get MUCH more light out of the 650($1600), with 24 10W XML diodes vs the 10 in the 350($1000). So in my application of 4'wide areas the 350 wouldn't cut it and would need more light on the sides. It would take 2.4 of them to get the same amount of 10w XML diodes. Also has 7 more square modules. The 350 was good until the 650 came out and made the 350 look like it was a bit lacking in comparison.

Tri_Cho_Me

I will be starting a grow diary soon with the Advanced Platinum P450. Keep an eye out if you want a real-time show.

Latest posts

Latest posts