What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Frost damage? please help

Wu Wei

Hi all, I put three plants outside last week and when I checked on them yesterday they have been damaged somehow? I am from the UK and the weather forcast stated night frost the day after I put them out.

The strains are purple maroc, cream caramel (fast version) and bay 11. They are planted into the ground with fresh soil.

I would really appreciate some help, please look at the pictures provided.

Peace :ying:

Attachments

• IMG-20140517-00091.jpg
    IMG-20140517-00091.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20140517-00096.jpg
    IMG-20140517-00096.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20140517-00099.jpg
    IMG-20140517-00099.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20140517-00087.jpg
    IMG-20140517-00087.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20140517-00092.jpg
    IMG-20140517-00092.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 7

Wu Wei

really after looking at pics looks like a deficiency.And maybe some bugs

Hey toker, thanks for the advice :) I really don't think its a derficency, and there were very little bug marks... I was supprised at how little bugs had them, one leaf on the one plant :)

They were planted in fresh Canna tera pro soil and growin in the same soil.

Thanks for the help bud.

Peace brother :ying:

Wu Wei

That's sunburn, new growth will be fine.

Hey chef, thanks for the advice bud :) This sounds right and makes much more sense. I cut the burned leaves of now though, some were bright white is that normal for sunburnt leaves?

I am sure they will be fine! I have faith :)

Thanks, peace brother :ying:

N

newtothiscoco

hello wu wei :) some of my plants are doing the same thing as yours and its scary that some of the leaves are turning white, but i have faith to mate :) the plants want to live so im sure they will recover :) i will follow this thread if its ok :) im crossing my fingers and waiting and see what happens :)

Wu Wei

hello wu wei :) some of my plants are doing the same thing as yours and its scary that some of the leaves are turning white, but i have faith to mate :) the plants want to live so im sure they will recover, i will follow this thread if its ok :) im crossing my fingers and waiting and see what happens :)

Hey new, sorry to hear your plants are experiencing the same problem! Yeas it is rather worrying. But we both have faith and I think all will be well!

No problem at all you follow allong bud!

How big were yours when you put them out, how big are they now... Can you upload some pics

MJBadger

Veteran
Hi Wu , the other posts are right , that`s not frost damage . If you look closely at the pics particularly pic 2 a lot of the top which will be the first to get hit by frost is fairly good .

I`m sure you`ll get the vits sorted out but your biggest problem outdoors UK will be slugs this year . All the experts have said how bad it will be because of the mild wet winter & it`s really showing where I am , hedgehogs have never had it so good in the grounds .

Wu Wei

Hi Wu , the other posts are right , that`s not frost damage . If you look closely at the pics particularly pic 2 a lot of the top which will be the first to get hit by frost is fairly good .

I`m sure you`ll get the vits sorted out but your biggest problem outdoors UK will be slugs this year . All the experts have said how bad it will be because of the mild wet winter & it`s really showing where I am , hedgehogs have never had it so good in the grounds .

Hey MJ, that is good that is not frost then, so is it sun burn or lack of vitamins. I just can not understand how it would be the vitamins because I checked them two days after planting in fresh soil and that happened?

I will look out for the slugs and hopefully tame things :) I understand what you mean about the weather. So the hedgehogs are happy ha.

vapor

Veteran
Hey vapor, the only problem is I can not purchase superthrive at short notice, are there other bvitamin alternatives?

I believe kelp extract or meal should have b vitamins and a bunch of other humic fulvics etc etc...

vapor

Veteran
"Gardeners who have access to fresh sea kelp can make their own fertilizer. Simply place 1 gallon of chopped sea kelp in a mesh bag. Put the bag in a 5-gallon bucket and add enough water to fill the bucket. Allow the kelp to steep for three days, swishing the kelp-filled bag around in the bucket once a day. Remove the bag and apply the sea kelp fertilizer to the soil every two weeks."

Wu Wei

"Gardeners who have access to fresh sea kelp can make their own fertilizer. Simply place 1 gallon of chopped sea kelp in a mesh bag. Put the bag in a 5-gallon bucket and add enough water to fill the bucket. Allow the kelp to steep for three days, swishing the kelp-filled bag around in the bucket once a day. Remove the bag and apply the sea kelp fertilizer to the soil every two weeks."

Hey vapour, I do not have acsess to fresh kelp either, thanks for the help though! I might be able to get some already bottled sea weed nutrients :)

Latest posts

Latest posts