What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monster cropping question

motaman82

I'm familiar with the act of taking a shoot off of a flowering plant for a clone but I was wondering if 6 weeks into flowering is to late to take a clone, whether the potency of said clone would be, and would it behave differently than a clone taken in veg.any help would be appreciated.

jedi5891

I'm familiar with the act of taking a shoot off of a flowering plant for a clone but I was wondering if 6 weeks into flowering is to late to take a clone, whether the potency of said clone would be, and would it behave differently than a clone taken in veg.any help would be appreciated.

I have taken clones off fully blooming plants and had no problems. You find the clones root fairly easy from flowering plants too but you'll have to get the clone to reveg after rooting. This can take a few weeks for normal growth to resume but the plants tend to have weaker branching than the mothers due to the fact that your growing branches out of bud sites so the plants grow very bushy. It's a good way to keep a pheno that's showing promise if you've not already cloned.
You can also reveg a plant after its finished blooming as long as you leave enough foliage for the plant to regrow shoots.
Good luck
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts