What's new

Few Beginners Questions (Density) NEED HELP!!

hippiegrip420

So Ive come to the end of the cycle, ive done a pretty good job of drying /curing but im not to happy about the density of the buds, they could be a little more dense (my opinion) plus they dont weigh much, one of my top colas weighing only 5gram so i was abit disappointed with that

what could i improve on the next run and where do you think ive gone wrong? whats the key to fine dense buds??

w3rds

how much light were you using for how much space? What nutrients? What medium? If this is all known in another thread, my bad.

hippiegrip420

i was using a 450W LED in a 80x80x200 tent, canna nutrients A+B from veg, remo bloom in week 3-4 flower, PK 13/14 week 5-6 , advanced nutrients Fruit ripener week 7-8 then a 3 week flush on just tap water, also used fabric pots with i think it was a mix of 60/40 something its very light like coco but not as thin

RockinRobot

Genetics will have a lot to do with density. Indica dominant strains will tend to be much denser than sativa dominant strains. Too high temperature during flower can also make buds less dense.

OldPhart

i was using a 450W LED in a 80x80x200 tent

What type of LED, and how is that 450w determined? If that is like a lot of LED lights, it may only be using a couple hundred watts, which would cause fluffy buds. Also distance between light and plant can cause fluffy buds.

MurdaMishou

Environment and genetics like the boys above said. 70s to really low 80s during lights on and mid 60s to low 70s for lights off. Sativas are generally fluffy nugs while indicas can get dense as a rock. Sativa dominant hybrids can be dense as well. So it really comes down to what you're growing for strains and how dialed in your growing environment is. Good luck on the next one man. Peace from Maine

Ive had trouble with this in the past and researching more on this lately. I have read several different techniques to helpout. Gradually decrease humidity it less then 45% last couple weeks of flo and cool you temps down mid 70s daytime to mid 60s night. hope this helps

Latest posts

Latest posts