What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plants not yellowing well into flush?

First time harvester here so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I started these auto flowers on the first of the year and about 7 days ago now based on hair color and trich milkyness I started to feed straight PH'd water. Now the plant does seem to have a little ca/mg deficiency but it's certainly not yellowing up nearly as much as all the harvest pictures I see. Should I continue to flush a few more days or am I at risk of over-ripening the bud?

Heres a terrible picture if it's any help.
picture.php

Thanks.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Judging by the burnt tips on the leaves and the still darker green color to most of them I would continue to just give them water awhile longer. Do you have any amber trichomes yet?

packerfan79

Veteran
Try giving some sugar in the flush water, the same thing as final flush/ clearex. Like half a teaspoon per gallon. It takes quite a while to overrippen.

Buddler

Veteran
It says coco under the pic Flush some water thru and read runoff bet shes high then leach down with low mix of nutes works best or Epsom salts.. IMHO

Wendull C.

Veteran
Do not put any nutes in your flush water. That is only during the grow while fertilizing that you flush with dliluted nutes.

Those plants are over ferted bad. Wash the shit out of the Coco for another week, and or use a flushing agent.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I would just stick with straight water instead of adding anything else at all to the growing medium. :2cents:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
It says coco under the pic Flush some water thru and read runoff bet shes high then leach down with low mix of nutes works best or Epsom salts.. IMHO

I was assuming super hot soil on top of bottles... but Ya coco ??? Surprised they look as good as they do considering how over fed they are... but I looked at the link they looked OK but must of fried them after.. atleast there in coco i'd just take the plant out the tent put it in the sink tub toilet shower outside anywhere u can run lots of water thru it... remember u can't drown them now I would just keep running water until the runoff is close to what's going in or down to about 200ppm if your using ro. That will get you to a point where they should start to fade in the following week ... but you WIll need to keep flushing daily but not as extreme.... this should work but those plants may never yellow, but that's not all that important in your situation flushem till the runoff is low n they will burn OK not terrible but not excellent not gonna win any awards but safe to smoke but they autos anyway take it as a learning experience n lighten up on the food in future grows.. n autos have a time n place to be grown outdoors Alaska Russia where not much else can grow . Don't put them in a tent or any indoor grow your short changing yourself in the end..

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Buds themselves look ripe to me.
What strain is this? You gotta be near on 13 weeks already which seems long for an auto

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

Was an easyryder that went for way too long. Have to disagree with the over-feet comments, I was feeding what I thought was quite low the whole time (less than 400ppm) and flushed for 8 days with plain water before I cut them down. Leaves curled a bit but just never really went completely yellow. Buds look mature and after a weeks cure don't taste awful so high hopes.....

These autos were just a band-aid until I could get my photo plants up and running, have no experience with them previous and judging by the yields ( lots of lamp and ~3.5oz dry from two plants) probably won't grow them again.