What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Study: Cannabis alters DNA, leading to cancer in your offspring

fungzyme

Reminds me of way back when LSD was said to cause chromosomal damage leading to birth defects. Look up Dr. Sidney Cohen, (Cohen, Marinello & Back, 1967). The sample size for his research on this subject was one patient. Of course, the media blew it way out of proportion and the propaganda ensued.

Yep, and if I remember correctly when they refuted that 'study' they showed that orange juice could cause the same chromosomal damage...

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yea, stoners..
If you're kids and grand kids start having odd cancers it's because of your pot smoking..
..not because of Monsantos' GMO corn and soy they have eaten their whole life.

GMO Corn Makes Rats Infertile, New Study Finds
Unlike GM corn, non-GMO corn doesn’t cause sterility
http://www.globalresearch.ca/new-study-finds-gmo-corn-makes-rats-infertile/5459913

Study Linking GMOs and Tumors Vindicated Yet Again...MSM Stays Silent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxU9sgX7_-E

"If you follow the mainstream media, you’ll probably only know the Seralini 2012 rat feeding study as “that GMO cancer study that got retracted.” You probably won’t know that the paper has since been republished and Seralini himself has won two court victories defending his work. Join me for today’s Thought For The Day as I break down the GMO truth that Monsanto doesn’t want you to know."

Capture.jpg

But sure, pregnant women should stay sober of any kind of "drug" and try to live healthy for her and the baby, but it sounds abit strange, almost like a scare tactic.

Also notice that they studied older material/data and didn't do any tests themselves, if i understood it correctly. ..this gives alot of room for interpretation and speculation

The name of this cannabis-DNA study is:

'Chromothripsis and epigenomics complete causality criteria for cannabis- and addiction-connected carcinogenicity, congenital toxicity and heritable genotoxicity'
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0027510716300574

..maybe you can find a free version by googeling the study

Last edited:

phazer

so all the punks really did is read someone elses research.

"Dr Stuart Reece, and Professor Gary Hulse from the University of Western Australia's School of Psychiatry, analyzed literary and research material to understand the likely causes."

i dont buy it. theres scientists and doctors that acknowledge the endocannabinoid system in our own bodies that work with our other organs. theres so many damn variables in cannabis use that to use a cannabis as a broad stroke to cover something like this is ridiculous. if anything is giving people cancer from smoking mj its from the eagle 20, avid, and other nasty shit people have been spraying on their plants for years.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Well, it's a fact chemicals and drugs/alcohol do affect the developpement of the baby, so it's possible that the compounds of drug-cannabis can have an effect, but does it.

But i kinda don't like the idea of the pregnant mom smoking dope in any case.

..so we should not call it complete bullshit just yet, but it's good to be sceptical, especially when they're feeding us GMO-health hazard food more and more every day ..and it's supposedly so healthy if you ask Bayern, BASF, Panasonic or Monsanto and other gmo-food/seed firms

Also..

The Prof said in an interview, that the worst young cancer cases were with children who's moms used cannabis during pregnancy, iirc
..but he didn't mention if the moms used other kind of drugs/alcohol as well.

getbuck

so all the punks really did is read someone elses research.

"Dr Stuart Reece, and Professor Gary Hulse from the University of Western Australia's School of Psychiatry, analyzed literary and research material to understand the likely causes."

This is spot on.
The dude is an anti-cannabis religious nutjob employed by the Drug Free Australia. He has been in many controversies including killing his heroin-addicted patients with an experimental chemical cure etc.

This is not science people, this is one man's opinion on other studies.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
This is spot on.
The dude is an anti-cannabis religious nutjob employed by the Drug Free Australia. He has been in many controversies including killing his heroin-addicted patients with an experimental chemical cure etc.

This is not science people, this is one man's opinion on other studies.

Hear, hear!
:tiphat: