What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

President of Mexico signed proposal to legalize up to one ounce of Cannabis

iBogart

Veteran
Published: <time class="entry-date" datetime="2016-04-29T19:42:26+00:00" pubdate="">Apr 29, 2016, 7:42 pm</time> • Updated: <time class="entry-date updated timeago" datetime="2016-04-29T19:45:31+00:00">about 23 hours ago</time> Comments (3)

By Joshua Partlow, The Washington Post

MEXICO CITY — With a swipe of his pen this week,
Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto proposed that Mexican citizens could legally possess up to an ounce of pot.

The day before, Canada’s health minister stood at a United Nations podium and announced that her country would introduce new federal legislation to make cannabis legal by next year.

Already, people are free to smoke marijuana in four U.S. states and the District of Columbia, and medical marijuana is allowed in almost half the country. Uruguay has fully legalized weed for sale. And a large chunk of South and Central America, including Brazil, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Costa Rica, has made marijuana more available in varying ways, whether it is for medicinal or recreational use......http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/04/29/pot-legalization-mexico-drug-reform-americas/52699/

Can't be too much longer now!

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

Haha all the dope dealers around here will be out of buisness here in canada. Im glad friends and family will buy from me rather than elsewhere though that warehouse dope sucks.

Will be nice people wont go to jail over a measly bag of dope anymore.

I agree it cant be too much longer until they fee it. I hope not long after that other helpful pain medications become more available to the people who need them

jump /injack

Veteran
Mexico makes it legal and will undercut California growers by using slave labor.

Mexico makes it legal and will undercut California growers by using slave labor.

Don't you think it strange that the Mexican Government just now makes Cannibas legal just when over 20 States in the US begins to legalize? Mexico has run drugs into the United States for decades, we were their biggest customer, our government even supplied them automatic weapons in "Fast and Furious" for their drug wars when they suppressed those that didn't pay tribute to the Mexican Government Politicians. In Ohio just last week you saw how the Cartels take care of business, you guys ready for some real "rock and roll" like you saw in Viet Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan? There is really big money in play and not only the Politicians want it the Cartels who grow in the National Parks want it also. Now we have 12 to 20 million Mexican Nationals in the US, 40% are 16 to 30 year old males, prime army age and even Syrian killer teams coming in as assassins by government decree. Big competition in the MJ business coming by all the indications out there now and if that isn't enough, our legalization and Mexico's at the same time means that the Mexican Government will be exporting their weed into the United States under existing treatys. Can you compete with 500 acre farms down in Mexico using their labor at very cheap costs, they'll be able to bring in tons while you grow in pounds and you talk about the prices they'll be able to sell at a profit, Ay Che WowWow.

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Ooh, I'm so scared.:laughing:
If Mexico goes legal, should help tourism a lot.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
It's not a matter of guts. They just have to figure out what's in it for them.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
..and they have to figure out a way to explain why they've been lying to us for the last 80 plus years.

naw. the ones in office now will just say "it was policy when i came in. no one questioned it. it is NOT our fault, blame Nixon..." being a govt means you get to be wrong over & over without having to say "i'm sorry" much less to say "we weren't wrong, you got fucked over & lost your job/family/house/hope for the future because we are ignorant malicious shithooks that figured out how to fill our wallets by stomping on your right to privacy..."

Latest posts

Latest posts