What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Times Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam Dead at age 27?

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Unofficially as there is no official announcement, but certainly no plans exist to hold another legendary Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam, this year of 2015.

Guess the Dutch don't want them around anymore, especially after last year's treatment from the government and police.

Besides, the High Times crowd is too busy with the hugely money making American shows they are holding almost every month somewhere it seems. Also hear they are doing a cup in Negril, Jamaica... now that should at least offer some nicer weather than dreary old Amsterdam in November!

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Sad news. Thanks must be due to Amsterdam for hosting it faithfully during the 'dark ages ' - which we are hopefully emerging from now.

CoCoSativas

Unofficially as there is no official announcement, but certainly no plans to exist to hold another legendary Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam, this year of 2015.

Guess the Dutch don't want them around anymore, especially after last year's treatment from the government and police.

Besides, the High Times crowd is too busy with the hugely money making American shows they are holding almost every month somewhere it seems. Also hear they are doing a cup in Negril, Jamaica... now that should at least offer some nicer weather than dreary old Amsterdam in November!

Cool but sad.

As legalization comes around the world there will start to be cups for every country I figure.

Thanks for the news buddy!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes finito in Amsterdam but lo and behold a new cannabis cup in November but in Jamaica,,,nice freebie for those hard working staff in New York lol,,,,,,not for me,,,,,s2

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
If this is to be a memoriam for AMS HTCC, well, thanks for all the great memories.. AMS still exists, such as it is. Pretty much the same as always, except for a few tweaks. Europe is always interesting. Nothing stays in Stasis.. haha.

C

CheifnBud2

give man fish, he eat for day. Teach man to fish, he eat for life. Confucius say.

TheMan13

Veteran
There are a lot of greats in the 27 club ;-)~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

220px-Jimi_Hendrix_1967.png

armedoldhippy

Veteran
give man fish, he eat for day. Teach man to fish, he eat for life. Confucius say.

my wife says "teach a man to fish, and he'll float around in a boat drinking beer & smoking dope all day..." i dunno WHAT the fuck WOMEN do if they go fishing. fish? :biggrin:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ha ha ..no need for Amsterdam anymore...usa is where its at now baby....yeehaw...when I took my ex old lady fishing all she did is read a book and complain...are you done yet??? its too sunny and I forgot sunblock..i am missing general hospital....I stopped taking her....

For the rip-off HTCC was considered to be, I just coughed up the money and decided to have a good time. It was some of the best times of my life because of the people I met and hung out with for the week, but also got there early from Nor Cal and stayed a couple weeks and thoroughly enjoyed A'dam. Big thanks to Mila Jansen for helping change my life, and the starter of this thread for creating Hipforums, the best A'dam site I ever saw. Payaso, I do believe it was you, am I correct?

RoostaPhish

Veteran
It's not about who is bigger and better. The Netherlands is nothing like the US in general. And the cups are nothing the same either. They are and were fun each in there own way. I would love to go back to the Dam just to go. You still cant just chill in a public place and puff with new friends and old anywhere in the US. Besides the cups. And I am including the Cannabis Cafe in OR, because it got shut.

Amsterdam is no longer needed. 24 states and DC onboard now, and counting. Plenty of places to rock cups here without the long flights or customs to deal with. I don't think it's a bad thing to let Amsterdam's HT Cup RIP.