What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 Bladed Leaves on MOM

Redbuddz

High All

Interesting question here about a pair of plants that were gifted to me about a year ago. I'm trying to keep them as mother plants and I am now about to be harvesting my outdoor crop from them so I will soon be finding out if they're worth keeping . I was just cutting the 2 moms back and making some clones for a potential indoor grow and I am noticing that my 2 moms do not have any 7 or 9 blade leaves? To me this seems unusual and I'm looking for some input here. The two moms have been pruned many times over the course of the year and I am keeping them on the small side only a foot or two tall. The plants look healthy for the most part with no apparent issues to speak of. They're growing nicely and I just recently made a batch of clones as a test run for my potential indoor grow and almost all the cuttings rooted in 10-14 days. So why am I not getting any 7 and 9 blade leaves?

Let's keep on growing Ya'll

Redbuddz

ISM2

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but there weren't any replies.
I have a plant that is doing the same thing. It only has 5-bladed leaves.

ISM2

I'm calling this plant #7. This was grown from some seeds I made during my 7th grow back in late 1998 to early 2000. I lost my notes from back then, so I have no idea what the parents are. My guess is that the male was Northern Lights x Shiva and the mother was Flo. Notice how all the leaves are 5-bladed.
She's very compact and bushy and clones quite easily. Eight days in the EZ-Clone and roots are forming.

Here she is at 10 days in flower:

I'm calling this plant #7. This was grown from some seeds I made during my 7th grow back in late 1998 to early 2000. I lost my notes from back then, so I have no idea what the parents are. My guess is that the male was Northern Lights x Shiva and the mother was Flo. Notice how all the leaves are 5-bladed.
She's very compact and bushy and clones quite easily. Eight days in the EZ-Clone and roots are forming.

Here she is at 10 days in flower:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58671&pictureid=1727233&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58671&pictureid=1727232&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58671&pictureid=1727231&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Looking good how much light is she under? How long did u veg her?

Happy growing:tiphat:

Stonehedge

ISM2

Looking good how much light is she under? How long did u veg her?

Happy growing:tiphat:

Stonehedge

Thanks!
She is under a 360w HPS (conversion bulb being used with a 400w MH ballast)

How long veg? Well...
I started the seed on 12/03/16, and on 12/10, she was day 4 of veg.
At day 39 of veg the plant developed damping-off at the trunk, so I took a clone from the top and destroyed the mother plant.
On 01/28/17, was when I put the rooted clone into veg. The plant was 57 days old at that time. I vegged her another 54 days before flipping to flower. So I guess she is 118 days old as of today.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Just a genetic trait my friend, is all. I have had the same strain show lots of differential in leaf pattern and numbers of fan leaves. Different phenos of the same strain in my case have different traits. Good lookin' plant though partner.