What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guest121295

I love to try everything a couple of times at least.I'd like to have a shot at something like this one.Sometimes the hype is not only hype.If you Ca guys say its that good I bet its sweet.We just don't see the real kush cuts around the east coast.I know they're around but not in the main mix. The pics in the 1st post look delicious.:)

Z

Z-ro

Anything purple will move in the south for top dollar nothing new there. on the east sours still reign supreme, my peeps in nyc wont even touch ogs, cookies or not. its all a local market thing and clearly the cookies fall into that category, but as someone who has grown most of the clones floating around out there, i dont see how a watered down og is gonna be a bigger star than the og its self. actually most of the people in the 707 havent even heard of it and when i ask if they have come arcoss any cookies they just laugh and say , no what the hell is that, i need 50 ogs on tuesday....

Storm Shadow

Veteran
The fact this dude says it hits harder then OG Kush about summed it up for me....

OG Kush any cut grown right blows that Cookie Crap out the water... a dilluted OG is better then a pure one lol pure bullshit ... Culture Magazine...a new MMJ mag being circulated around med clubs... has that white rapper girl Krayahwn on the cover...they ask her her fav strain and she says "Girl Scout Cookies"...i mean come one dude... hype marketing and str8 bullshit hype surround this strain...i have smoked it a handful of times and its not even as dank as Pre98 Bubba...

Tahoe, Fire, SFV, Louis13th, Larry, Skywalker, all of these $10 clones shit all over Cookies..and belive me...we know how to grow on this side....we bring the best out these ladies 24-7 365

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
kreayshawn only smokes it because berner gave everyone in LA samples of it...your peeps in NYC dont touch "OGs" thats funny because my peeps in NYC are just getting on the SFV hype and enjoy it more than sours...stop generalizing people! its all different markets and circles out here...ITS ALL PERSONAL OPINION AND TASTE.

me personally..i like my SFV OG better, has a smoother lemon-fuel taste that is like heaven to me, and the high doesnt leave me in a stupor. but that doesnt mean im gonna say it "shits" on the cookies because theres alot of folks who prefer cookies to regular OG...and really well grown cookies, in terms of market price and bag appeal, will fetch more money than a well grown OG..

cookies is not a "diluted" OG its something different in its own world!! its like OG but with a denser profile and mint-cream twist....cookies was not bred by taking an OG female and hitting her with pollen from other strains (thats a watered down OG).....she was cherry pie female hit with OG kush pollen.

OG Kush any cut grown right blows that Cookie Crap out the water...

another thing is that the circle who bred cookies and is responsible for most of its "hype"...was already doing OGs 10 years ago, some of the best platinum ive had came from that circle...the nice swollen poddy calyx OG that just reeked of lemon fuel funk that used to sell for 4k a LB locally and easy 5-6k out of state...im pretty sure it was just a tahoe or SFV cut but they called it platinum in SF for some reason...

P

powerrobbie

power hes talking 45 a pound not 45 a cut....there are no clubs in the bay area that sell GSC cuts to general public only to special venders with existing relationships..

there are a few circles that managed to get the cut, then turned around and are asking ridiculous prices for them, but i wouldnt trust them....

Ohh fuck my bad dude was ripped as hell when reading the post I just seen some of your posts talking about offering cats tons of weed for a single cut and being turned down. I shoulda figured he was talking about the price per pound. I'm surprised someone greedy hasn't got a hold of this cut and starting selling them to everyone to cash in on clones. It will get out there....they always do.

G

guest121295

I've had some outstanding "watered down" OG's.I think people here in the east would buy up OG soo fast your head would spin, the only stuff we see is poorly handled imports.All these SFV OG BX's crossed with sour are outstanding, I swear it.Once the numbers go up and it goes into a box and turns into a commodity, it goes to shit anyway.I'd prefer my OG from a mom and pop grower in Ca...it's like sour I imagine, if you don't grow it well and take care of it after you dry it properly, it's just another oz...I don't know about Ca but on the east coast we share everything pretty freely, people don't hold on to things to make them "exclusive".If you can't share it why bother?

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
stupid name competition... kim kardashian kush > girl scout cookies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTMoh-1PsvU&feature=related

Didn't name that either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ5GWgcZfvI

What kind of man wouldn't want to bang Kim Kardashian? What kinda woman wouldn't want to look a little more like her? Ass, tits, and face, so hard to find all three on one body. A name isn't gonna make the genetics of a plant better or worse. Imagine if someone told your parents you gave your kid a "stupid fucking name". It was named Girl Scout Cookies, because it smells like thin mint girl scout cookies. People drive for hours to buy "Girl Scout Cookies" and many people like this strain. No need for all the hate.

Then it should be called Thin Mints or Thin Mint Kush. There are multiple types of girl scout cookies. That is why the name is stupid.
437x300_girl_scout_cookies.jpg

Don't get all worked up. It's just weed bro.

big twinn

Veteran
I agree with prop. It all comes down to whats available. Out west OG is all over the place naturally people are migrating to something new...out east...south east...OG is going to kill everything available if legit cuts make it out here commercially. 99% of what gets pushed out here lacks in flavor and true trichrome coverage...just got myself a few legit sourced SFVs and Cherry Pies...can't wait to flower them out. Where i am in the SE, its somewhat of the cannabis capital of the underground for the South. most of the diesels i see are watered down...its hard to find a legit ECSD and even then i think i most people out here would lean towards the OG if it were available.
Cookies has reached ATL???? This is terrible news! ATL is close but not too close to me...im not in that circle of friends but i'd sure like to be among the 1st in the SE with the GSC!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Didn't name that either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ5GWgcZfvI

Then it should be called Thin Mints or Thin Mint Kush. There are multiple types of girl scout cookies. That is why the name is stupid.
437x300_girl_scout_cookies.jpg

Don't get all worked up. It's just weed bro.

the clubs actually changed the name..its no longer "girl scout cookies" now everyone just calls them "cookies"

many people echoed the sentiments about the name...someone at the IC cup even told me "i dont wanna think about prepubscent girls when smoking weed" haha....

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, weather it be the effect or the name. To continuously bash this strain or the next when everyone's brain chemistry is different just doesn't seem like a winnable argument to me. I don't go around yelling it, but I'm not a big kush or purple fan. GASP!? Although I feel hybrids like these offer something different from the norm, and to some variety is the spice of life. It's easy to find heavy indicas and dank purples circulating my area, as well as more racy sativas like straight durban or trainwreck. To find a hybrid that contains exotic qualities that the cookies has is a rarity, and not to often does a small selection pollen chuck have such results.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I've had some outstanding "watered down" OG's....I don't know about Ca but on the east coast we share everything pretty freely, people don't hold on to things to make them "exclusive".If you can't share it why bother?

:yeahthats

For finding novel and exotic females pollen chucking can't be denied. Watered down? Depends on selection, as always. Pursuing retail end goals with those initial seeds is not something I agree with, it's really the first round of r&d in any breeding program: finding something worth reproducing.

I don't have enough time or space to get caught up in highbrow armchair breeding ideals in order to find that initial starting point. However we get there, as long as we get there. Retail purposes are obviously different. That's when the breeding starts, IMO. Outcrossing is where its at. Selection (both parental and filial) is a whole other ball of wax.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With OJ Simpson,Girl scout cookies,green crack yer all set. Anything I make has no name Its always indicated what the genetics are that's it.

Just received a mother of tha GSC. Y'all take some guess' as to what tha fuck GrindHouse is gonna do with her... She has tha dark green/blue leaves with red petioles and lovely funk...

Steele

one guess would be fuck it all up.

i hope some good respected breeders work this cut.

im jp, but reading this guys posts make me wanna say shit like that. even in other threads.

it might be hoarded but its slowly getting out there, my boy in the bay just got it so i gotta make a trip up there and grab that. just got the cherry pie.

i smoked the cookies at green door and wasnt that impressed and then got some more at the west coast cannabis expo that were better but i really like the cherry pie a lot. almost better.

and definitely like the white fire better then the cookies. i think once it gets passed around everywhere (which it will) the buzz will die down. a lot.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
theres a good batch at the club in vallejo,buddie allways dumps there. cherry pie is bomb but theres just something about the cookies that sets her apart from the cherry pie.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
look in vallejo at the club that sells jacka's og thats where my buddie dumps his cookies at.......cherry pie is good but theres just something that sets the cookies in a different catorgery.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
ive tried the cherry pie, but not the cookies... Cherry pie wasnt overly impressive for me... Good, but nothing i would go out of my way to try to get

Status
Not open for further replies.