What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need advice on optimized ventilation for tent

powderful

Hey folks!

I have a 240x120x200cm (94" x 47" x 78") tent and two 5" outlets to use for venting. one right next to the tent (2m away) and one in the next room (6m away)

I will be going for a passive intake and I have plenty of 5" fixed ducting.

My current equipment:

-2 x 5" cool tubes
-2 x 600w hps bulbs
-5" fixed ducting
-bunch of 90deg 5" bends
-5" flexible ducting
-2 x 280cfm 5" inline fans
-6" 533m3 inline fan of unknown manufacture (loud)
-a large 5" carbon filter (unsure of rating)
-a 5" CAN-Lite 300PL (330m3)

what setup would be best given my conditions?

Would it be best to use the 6" fan with reducers on each side of it to pull through a filter and both cool tubes or split the cool tubes and put a carbon filter on each of them and vent outside with the 5" fans?

Filter===cool tube===cool tube=====6" fan===outside vent

or

Filter===cool tube===5" fan====outside vent
Filter===cool tube===5" fan====outside vent next door

Another option would be to get new cool tubes and ducting in 6" and just have the reduction by the outlet(s) although this would mean I would have to invest some more money and have to wait till I can travel into town.

Sorry if I missed something, any more information will be provided.

Thanks for the view :)

Last edited:

powderful

So I am going to go for option 2 and split the cool tubes with a carbon filter on each of them exhausting to each outside vent and keep the ducting 5" as this will result in the highest cfm rating per 600w.

Thanks for the feedback guys, now I can proceed knowing I have the optimal setup :biggrin: