What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP.. IC.. The Claw

haromaru

hey IC , first off i am a newbie to the game. I adopted these plants the other day from a trusted friend but they were kind of neglected.When i got them the had fan leaves that looked like the so called CLAW or eagles claw. So im hoping to rescue a them. First off there in all coco core medium and for nutes im using general hydroponics the 3 part formula;the formula is a self setting ph, so i don't gotta to worry about that.

As of 2 days ago they have been sitting in 2< 35 gallon totes grow box, under 6 42 watters, for exhaust im using a inline fan 90 cfm .

any advise on how to get these ladies back on track IC? here are some pics from yesterday morning.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=43035&pictureid=1021943

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=43035&pictureid=1021941

S

Sat X RB

I know nothing about growing in coco BUT these plants look probably underwatered and definitely underfed. maybe not enuf light ... but that's not the main problem.

you DO need to check pH. I wouldn't depend on someone (manufacturer) when profit may motivate her/his words.

take CONTROL of the situation! or you'll always have crappy plants ...

cheers!

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey IC , first off i am a newbie to the game. I adopted these plants the other day from a trusted friend but they were kind of neglected.When i got them the had fan leaves that looked like the so called CLAW or eagles claw. So im hoping to rescue a them. First off there in all coco core medium and for nutes im using general hydroponics the 3 part formula;the formula is a self setting ph, so i don't gotta to worry about that.

As of 2 days ago they have been sitting in 2< 35 gallon totes grow box, under 6 42 watters, for exhaust im using a inline fan 90 cfm .

any advise on how to get these ladies back on track IC? here are some pics from yesterday morning.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=43035&pictureid=1021943

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=43035&pictureid=1021941

to me they look like they are suffering from TO MUCH nitrogen... they definitely need more light! and they may also be slightly overwatered a little hard to tell on that one though...

I would recommend you post your question and pics here to get the best help... Joe is one of the best when it comes to diagnosis...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
the amount of stress they have had, they may be better off in the bin. recovery my take some time..

MMAjay420

but know that these are very resiliant plants, they are weeds! they can and usually bounce back pretty well if cared for decently. And this forum is invaluble! you can learn alot here

Good luck my friend

haromaru

Thanks you guys for replying back, im gonna do all i can to revive them, but i noticed that mainly the 2 lemon sour diesel has it more so than the other 5 Rasberry kush. Not too sure why. Thanks infinitesimal ill respond to joe for a diagnosis. thanks any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fresh Start

they may be better off in the bin. recovery my take some time..

The mission of the infirmary to diagnose and heal the sick and vulnerable. This is how you learn to make plants healthy- by gardening alongside plants regardless of the time it takes.

From here it looks like the worst of the symptoms are located on the younger areas of the plant while the bottom/older parts of the plant looks greener and less in necrosis mode.

The most common cause of yellowing at the younger part of the plant is a calcium deficiency- the other elements that would be responsible are the micro elements (Elements that the plant needs very little of and thus are less common Deficiency's) such as sulfur, Iron, Copper, Boron etc. You don't need to worry about them as long as you are using GH's "micro" in your three part-that's where the micro elements are.

On some of the bigger fan leaves there are also little "burned" tips that indicate some over fertilization- A.K.A too much food/salts in the soiless medium.
This is starting to look like nutrient lock-out. It's okay though. Thankfully you invested in a hydroponic medium that can be.. wait for it..

FLUSHED!
I recommend flushing the medium with plain water until considerable amounts of water goes through it (like 2-5 gallons) then water with a low 1/2 strength nutrient mix till runoff. Do that to each plant that displays the young leaf necrosis-our goal is to restore balance to the universe of usable plant elements A.K.A fertilizer/nutes

Try to foliar feed the plants with a very dilute solution (1/4- 1/8 strength) of" flora micro"- this will hopefully help the almost obvious Calcium (Macro element) deficiency and also help get those other micro elements up there too. Be sure to spray the underside of the leaves-most absorption.

May the force be with you :ying:

audiohi

Veteran
Flush them like crazy with 500 ppm nutrient solution. All should be good after that

haromaru

The Comeback, Y'all

The Comeback, Y'all

Fresh start - thank you so much for the advice. I did exactly what you said. I flushed these ladies really good with maybe 3 times the pot size of H2O. One of the pots had some bubbles forming on top of the coco coir as if it had little soap bubbles. ?? But after I flushed it thoroughly, the bubbles disappeared. I then went back to give it half strength nutes until a good amount of runoff. After they were watered with nutes, I began to foliar feed with just micro nutes.

The ladies have been loving it, the claw like leaves are not as bad as before; the leaves on top are not as yellow as before. There much more greener. Im so stoked. I was beginning to loose hope.

Attachments

• CAM00217.jpg
    CAM00217.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9
  • CAM00203.jpg
    CAM00203.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 4
  • CAM00205.jpg
    CAM00205.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 6
  • CAM00219.jpg
    CAM00219.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11
  • CAM00207.jpg
    CAM00207.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 7

kickinit1

Fresh start - thank you so much for the advice. I did exactly what you said. I flushed these ladies really good with maybe 3 times the pot size of H2O. One of the pots had some bubbles forming on top of the coco coir as if it had little soap bubbles. ?? But after I flushed it thoroughly, the bubbles disappeared. I then went back to give it half strength nutes until a good amount of runoff. After they were watered with nutes, I began to foliar feed with just micro nutes.

The ladies have been loving it, the claw like leaves are not as bad as before; the leaves on top are not as yellow as before. There much more greener. Im so stoked. I was beginning to loose hope.

do not start feeding again yet.. if you are using RO water just add some cal mg and ph it.. if tap water just give them liek 1 or 2 ml/ gal abd ph it do this for a week before giving nutes again..

TheArchitect

Veteran
do not start feeding again yet.. if you are using RO water just add some cal mg and ph it.. if tap water just give them liek 1 or 2 ml/ gal abd ph it do this for a week before giving nutes again..

Wtf is with you and cal mag?

Go drink a bottle already.

Do not listen to this advice op, you were on the right track, just be cautious with micro nutrient foliars, you can burn them up quick.

kickinit1

They are freaking burnt why feed architect? Why not flush.. Cant just give RO. gotta have something in it to ph it. So a small ammount of cal mag or small dose of nutes is perfect to use to ph your RO.. I guarantee jsut give them water for 5 days and they will start to grow like normal plants...

TheArchitect

Veteran
They are freaking burnt why feed architect? Why not flush.. Cant just give RO. gotta have something in it to ph it. So a small ammount of cal mag or small dose of nutes is perfect to use to ph your RO.. I guarantee jsut give them water for 5 days and they will start to grow like normal plants...

And he did flush and he is feeding weak sauce, and giving a micro nutrient foliar, all the right steps.

And you think blasting them with calmag and depriving them of other nutrients is good advice"

Gitthafukouttahere!

kickinit1

i didnt mean alot or cal mg, i guess i worded it wrong. i mean alot of ONLY WATER with calmg or somethign else to ph it..

Fresh Start

There is enough calcium in the "Micro" bottle from GH to help the calcium deficiency- which is being foliage fed because we don't want to complicate the root zone any further.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cal mag is needed for nutrient uptake and use. If the plant had a nitrogen toxicity, which it did(imho), flushing and then adding 5ml per gallon of cal mag is appropriate with a half strength feed. Cal mag is not/should not be used to ph a solution alone(unless it coincidentally works out perfectly at 5.8-6.2. Adding nutes to water will bring ph down but no matter what you're using whether its ro water or any liquid feed it needs to be ph'd after nutes have been added. If its off, it needs to be adjusted with ph down or up, not more nutes or cal mag. The plants look healthier now. New growth should develop normally.

TheArchitect

Veteran
Cal mag is needed for nutrient uptake and use. If the plant had a nitrogen toxicity, which it did(imho), flushing and then adding 5ml per gallon of cal mag is appropriate with a half strength feed. Cal mag is not/should not be used to ph a solution alone(unless it coincidentally works out perfectly at 5.8-6.2. Adding nutes to water will bring ph down but no matter what you're using whether its ro water or any liquid feed it needs to be ph'd after nutes have been added. If its off, it needs to be adjusted with ph down or up, not more nutes or cal mag. The plants look healthier now. New growth should develop normally.

Garbage info right there.

Cal/mag causes more problems than good.

Do you even know the strength of 5ml/g in ec?

After you figure that out go ahead and explain why I would want to apply an improper ratio of essential elements to correct an improper nutrient balance in the rootzone?

For the record here, just skip the damn cal-mag until things get turned around and start moving towards the up and up... Foliar feeding with your Micro will supply enough calcium and magnesium until she gets back on her feet... 5ml of cal-mag would put your EC somewhere @ .6 alone. Remember, you don't want to further complicate the root zone at this point. Just get it cleaned out and and the PH in check, then slowly you can start adding in nutes... Don't overdue the foliar feeding either... Let them recover naturally, it may take some time but they will repay you for your patience with them...

Latest posts

Latest posts